Reports to: Associate Director, Employer Relations
Purpose: The employer relations manager contributes to the development of the career center’s employer relations strategy and is responsible for its implementation, to enhance employer partnerships and engage companies and organizations in the American University’s (AUC) career and experiential learning activities. S/he will research and identify new active employers to increase employment and internship opportunities. The job incumbent will manage employer partner accounts, nurture existing corporate relations and expand the center’s corporate outreach by identifying and building effective relationships with new local, regional, and international employers. S/he will contribute to the design and implementation of employability initiatives, and will support in soliciting corporate professionals to participate in career events.
- Develop new employer connections and nurture existing employer relations through outreach initiatives that include cold calls, email campaigns and organizational visits
- Identify potential regional employers and build strategic international partnerships with the aim of enhancing international recruitment on campus
- Expand employment opportunities through researching and identifying new active employers to add to the Career Center employer network
- Manage corporate accounts and conduct employer visits to determine hiring and on-campus branding needs and promote AUC students and alumni as a potential talent pool
- Document corporate meetings through a central reporting system and follow up with career center staff/academic departments on corporate requests
- Liaise with recruitment and experiential learning teams re-new hiring requests from employers
- Serve as a key accounts manager for employer partners and coordinate their on-campus engagement
- Manage the design and implementation of employability initiatives, ensuring the reflection of new career trends to facilitate the transition of seniors to the world of work
· Contribute to the employment fairs and all recruitment events and programs as needed
- Promote all career center programs and events among employers and nominate/solicit experienced professionals to participate in AUC’s career events and contribute to the students’ career education
- Ensure effective on-campus employer branding for employers engaged in recruitment and career events.
- Follow up on student organization request or employer engagement plans, monitor effective implementation of AUC policies, and ensure sustainable university-employer relations
- Perform any other related duties as assigned
Minimum Education Requirement:
- Bachelor degree required; preferably in a related field
- A master degree would be an asset
- At least seven years of experience, preferably including three to five years in career services within higher educational institutes, corporate recruitment, or corporate branding
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, and assume responsibility for the organization and administration of corporate branding campaigns
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Team-oriented work style
- Ability to develop reports
- Excellent customer service orientation
- Self-motivated, creative and energetic
- Technologically savvy with excellent computer skills
- Excellent working experience in Microsoft office is required
- Extensive working knowledge of Internet
- Excellent command of English (oral and written) and fluent Arabic (oral)
The position is open until July 29, 2021
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the short list will be contacted.
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at The American University in Cairo.”
Associate Director, Career Development, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 22 days ago
Job location: Beijing, China Supervisor: Director, Career Development Description of the Position The Associate Director under the direction of, and in coordination with, the Director of Career De...
Research Adjunct (Adiunkt Badawczy), Nicolaus Copernicus University, Poland, 28 days ago
The competition is open to persons who meet the conditions set out in Article 113 of the Act of 20 July 2018 - Law on higher education and science (Journal of Laws of 2018, item 1668) and the foll...
Senior Specialist Layered Technologies, Łukasiewicz Research Network - Institute of Microelectronics and Photonics, Poland, 7 days ago
An official website of the European UnionAn official EU websiteHow do you know? All official European Union website addresses are in the europa.eu domain. See all EU institutions and bodies Cookie...
Head Of Corporate Services, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 8 days ago
Head of Corporate Services City University College in partnership with Ulster University, Qatar (CUC) is a new, modern and dynamic educational institution with big ambitions to become one of the l...
Fire Alarm Technician, Brown University, United States, 19 days ago
Job Description: Position Qualifications : High school diploma or GED required. Minimum of 1year successful wait service experience in fine dining environment, private club preferred. Demonstrated...
Career Education Coordinator, University of Alberta, Canada, 18 days ago
This competition is open to all applicants however internal candidates and applicants who were former employees of the University of Alberta in the past 18 months will be given priority considerat...