Reports to: Senior Director, IT Excellence
Purpose: The director, project management office ensures standards are upheld and clearly defined throughout the entire process of each project’s development and execution. The director will develop and mature project management and business analysis methodologies to improve transparency, consistency, and quality. Oversees the work of all project management office personnel, and thus must take ownership of the resulting quality of each project. This position will establish, maintain, and drive business case development, requirements, project delivery, and process development for the University technology departments. Partner and communicate proactively to leaders across the University to build positive relationships and ensure delivery of IT commitments.
- Set strategic direction for IT project management processes, methodologies and supporting technologies
- Work with cross functional leaders to ensure fulfillment of portfolio, program, and project objectives associated with software, platform, and IT delivery
- Actively manage the portfolio of initiatives establishing best practices across delivery teams
- Evolve PMO processes, supporting technologies to be more standardized, agile and business focused
- Lead effective management of IT projects management triple constraint (scope, schedule, and budget) while proactively identifying and managing project risks, delays and any other issues that might arise
- Review and monitor status of IT projects and work with technology solutions director and project managers to appropriately manage risks and issues and provide solutions in collaboration with the CTO. Recognize gaps between current situation and desired outcome. Utilize appropriate resources to obtain information, consider alternatives, and deliver the solution
- Mentor delivery and operational leaders on process best practices for communication, risk management, agility, and lean thinking
- Provide regular project portfolio reporting to CTO and other key business stakeholders including the cabinet and upper management of the university whenever needed
- Manage integrated, multi-track projects and/or programs to ensure maximum performance while setting project quality and performance standards and monitoring performance to close gaps between current situation and desired outcome by developing and delivering performance metrics, time tracking and KPI's
- Define key project and program-wide roles and responsibilities and establish and maintain project and/or program communications
- Gather information about program objectives, functions, features and input/output requirements in the engagements
- Enforce the role of the technology solutions director and project managers at AUC to provide enhanced business value and linkage to business and technology strategy
- Develop and maintain a training strategy and curriculum.
- Define and monitor operational metrics and key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Evaluates new security technologies or technology opportunities, and provide analysis of their potential impact to advantage the business
- Collaborating across functions to achieve product release milestones and objectives across all business verticals
- Direct and define project estimations, capacity planning, staffing and project deliverables
- Establish and maintain processes to manage scope over the project lifecycle
- Maintain project tracking and information systems
- Develop and deliver performance metrics, time tracking and KPI's to senior management
- Work on bespoke implementation projects to achieve completeness on time and under budget
- Ensure requirements, work scope, deliverables, and schedule are documented and steered for success
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Minimum Education Requirement:
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, business administration or a related field
- Project management qualification (Project Management Professional) is a must
- MBA or ITIL certification
Minimum of 15 years of project management experience with a minimum of five in a leadership role.
- Deep experience with modern technology service delivery frameworks including agile, DevOps and continuous Integration/continuous deployment.
- Demonstrated experience leading large-scale change initiatives with university level impact including projects with extensive cross-functional technology team involvement
- Experience with a broad range of IT projects including customer software development, packaged software implementation, information security and technology infrastructure
- Proven success in leadership demonstrated by the ability to build, develop and retain high performing and highly effective teams
- Demonstrates track record of using data and defining KPIs to measure and track vulnerability trends, and report on success from both a business and technology perspective
- Ability to be a university-wide change-agent that influences strategic actions and mindset changes
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to take critical and strategic decisions
- Demonstrates high analytical thinking
The position is open until November 30, 2020
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the short list will be contacted.
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at The American University in Cairo.”
Campus Physical Development Manager, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 5 days ago
The Opportunity Reporting to the Director, CPDO, the incumbent will lead and manage the CPDO team to meet operating goals of the department in Abu Dhabi campus. The successful candidate will provi...
Application Specialist, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 5 days ago
JOB PURPOSE SUMMARY The role requires to manage the entire process of application development, from the design process, to creating, testing and rolling out the application. Leverage IT team resou...
Project Manager Senior, Arizona State University, United States, about 10 hours ago
65182BR Campus: Tempe Project Manager Senior Job Description As a part of University Business Services, the Project Manager, Sr. works in collaboration with the Senior Leadership Team and various ...
Assistant Director, Capital Projects & Programs, University of Illinois at Springfield, United States, about 3 hours ago
Project Management 1. Coordinate University System construction projects; providing advice and consultation with respect to design, value engineering, scope of the work, cost estimating, general c...
Research Administration Business Partner (M/F), Luxembourg Institute of Science and Technology, Luxembourg, 6 days ago
As member of ERIN’s Director’s office, the main duties of the Project Management Business Partner are to: Support the Principal Investigators (PI) in the submission and management of their researc...
Senior Business Development Manager, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 7 days ago
Job Profile Sales - Business Development Contract Type Permanent Job Purpose Proactively secure and convert new corporate business by actively selling the school of technology programme portfolio....