Reports to: Executive Director of Procurement Services
Purpose: Responsible for the sourcing and procurement process of the University requirements from goods and services from any point on globe in the most competitive and timely manner. Plan, organize, and coordinate all general purchasing activities in support of the University goals and objectives. Responsible for the administration of the overseas procurement functions and activities related to the processing of the University general needs and requirements. Achieving cost savings and maintaining quality performance. Lead supplier selection and negotiation processes. Plan, direct, and coordinate the activities related to the purchasing of assets, materials and services. Participates and shares in all major tenders and purchases, starting from negotiation until awarding. Assist in the budget process. Analyze market and delivery systems in order to assess present and future material availability and sources. Deliver, monitor and maintain the best possible high-standard level of customer services.
Participate in developing and implementing the University procurement services policies and procedures.
The position requires a high degree of maturity, being conscientious and ethical to ensure control and the proper responsible expenditure of university funds.
- Direct and coordinate the activities of the purchasing unit, operate within budget and meet the cost avoidance and reduction objectives as established by the university and negotiate price and supply terms for selected major commodities and agreements, services, and other items, as assigned, both domestically and worldwide
- Participate in the development of specifications for equipment, products or substitute materials. Review, evaluate, and approve specifications for issuing and awarding bids. Prepare bid awards requiring senior administrator's approval
- Manage and direct the review of all received general purchase requisitions, ensure related data cleansing and correctness, and the transfer of purchase requisitions
- Review purchase order claims and contracts for conformance to university policy in coordination with the contract manager unit. Resolve vendor or contractor grievances, and claims
- Determine proper sources of supply for most economical purchases and to develop and maintain high level contact with key suppliers and service personnel
- Supervise placement of general purchase orders with suppliers to include processing of data into the computerized systems to support the end users’ requirements
- Maintain all necessary records of local, international purchases and grants, quotations, prices, policies, procedures for the purchasing function and deliveries.
- Work with auditors, prepare and file the awarding documents and grants required papers regarding AID, ASHA and other grants
- Responsible for year-end and periodical statistics and reports required for the University departments. Formulates new and revised reporting methods and forms and makes recommendations to procurement senior executive management
- Prepare bid lists, evaluate bids, place purchase orders, negotiate contracts, supervise the follow-up and expediting of supplier deliveries. Coordinate necessary projects as directed by management to improve the overall efficiency of the purchasing unit functions
- Deal effectively with the priority pressures brought by the University departments to achieve their objectives
- Assist in the new vendors’ assessment process, by assessing the capacity and efficiency of suppliers to meet the set criteria
- Represent the University in formulating policies with suppliers
- Ensure providing best customer service to internal clients of the Procurement services in terms of quality, price and timely supply. Trace delivery and ensure orders timely fulfillment
- Coordinate with the University major stakeholders and offices to establish quarterly purchase plan reflecting actual demands
- Effective proactive liaison with other departments as necessary to have a proactive plan
- Offer ideas and insights to improve the customer's issues and challenges
- Reviews, analyzes and recommends solutions to complicated problems and transactions. Professionally resolve problems (both internal and external) in a fair and ethical manner while protecting the long-term interests of the University.
- Develop first-class service organizations that respond effectively to inquiries and engenders trust from the University community
- Perform other related duties as requested by direct supervisor
Minimum Education Requirement:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- MBA in supply chain management is a must
- C.I.P.S procurement certification or C.S.C.P certification is an asset
- Minimum 15 years of experience in Procurement management/SCM within corporate and multinational companies
- Strong knowledge of supply chain management best practices will be an advantage
- Strong communication skills, analytical skills, leadership skills, working under stress, high level of tolerance, problem solving, and diplomatic, strategic thinking
- Professional user of E.R.P, knowledge of SAP is an advantage
- High stamina to develop a function from the scratch, building team, establishing rules and policies then capable to sell this new function to campus community and convince them with its importance to improvement of service quality
- Ability to work independently as well as to analyze data and make recommendations for proper control systems
- Detailed oriented with high numerical skills
- High organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Extensive negotiation skills
- High capability to manage multitasks simultaneously
- Ability to use Microsoft Office applications and ERP applications- ideally SAP
The position is open until August 16, 2021
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the short list will be contacted.
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at The American University in Cairo.”
Executive Assistant & Purchasing Specialist, Beloit College, United States, about 1 hour ago
Reporting to the Vice President for Finance & Planning/Treasurer, the Executive Assistant & Purchasing Specialist will oversee and coordinate the purchasing cycle and cost savings activities for t...
Supplier Diversity Manager, HHMI, United States, about 15 hours ago
Primary Work Address: 4000 Jones Bridge Road, Chevy Chase, MD, 20815 Current HHMI Employees, click here to apply via your Workday account. HHMI is focused on supporting and moving science forward ...
Procurement Coordinator, Arizona State University, United States, about 8 hours ago
71605BR Campus: Tempe Procurement Coordinator Job Description Under general supervision, plans, organizes and coordinates purchasing activities, functions and programs in accordance with prioritie...
Senior Procurement Specialist, Massey University, New Zealand, 4 days ago
Procurement University Services Palmerston North / Wellington US_P_1118_08/21 University Services Term length: ongoing Hours of work: full-time Position Overview A fantastic opportunity for a well...
Financial Coordinator, Brown University, United States, 27 days ago
Job Description: This position supports all financial activities for the Commercial Real Estate and Auxiliary Housing departments. Reporting to the Director, Finance and Operations, the Financial ...
Grant & Contract Administrator, Brown University, United States, 21 days ago
Job Description: Grant & Contract Administrator is a member of the Pre-Award team in the University's Office of Sponsored Projects.Â The incumbent is expected to provide direct services to facult...