Purpose: The director of development is responsible for the cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of major gifts in support of the University’s strategic plan and fundraising priorities. As a member of the senior institutional advancement team, the jobholder helps shape fundraising strategy and ensures fundraising activities are aligned with the University’s strategy and funding priorities.
- Manage a major gift portfolio of 125-150 active major gift prospects
- Complete 125 prospect visits, write detailed and timely reports on each contact
- Cultivate major gifts prospects; recommend and implement cultivation and solicitation strategies of individual prospects, working with administration, faculty and volunteers as appropriate; travel as necessary
- Work closely with the University development leadership team and collaborate with administration and faculty towards securing annual support to AUC strategic priorities
- Participate in all aspects of the gift cycle
- Initiate contacts with major gift donors
- Move potential donors in an appropriate and timely fashion toward solicitation and closure
- Make solicitations when appropriate
- Maintain stewardship contacts with donors as appropriate; adhere to the highest ethical standards; demonstrate empathetic disposition and perseverance; reflect optimistic and positive attitude, and convey sensitivity to the needs of the donors
- Assist in developing and maintaining shared the University funding priorities document to ensure fundraising strategies are aligned with the University’s goals
- Direct research requests as needed to obtain information on key prospects and donors
- Cultivate and present proposals to corporate and individual prospects as requested
- Assist in drafting proposals as necessary
Minimum Education Requirement:
- Bachelor’s degree. Master’s degree is preferred
- Educational background in sciences or engineering an asset
- Minimum of 10-12 years’ professional experience
- Previous experience in fundraising at a university is an asset
- Major gift acquisition experience
- ·Evidence of self-motivation and the ability to work effectively both individually and in teams with high personal standards and commitment to excellence
- Ability to interact and effectively communicate with a wide array of constituents exhibiting institution’s mission and goals
- Demonstrated success managing multiple projects simultaneously, a commitment to professional development and a track record of effectiveness and delivery on commitments
- Proven ability in developing and managing effective relationships across all levels and functional areas of an organization; ability to collaborate and influence at a high level
- Strong strategic planning and project management skills necessary to set and evaluate progress against goals, develop plans and timelines. Establish policies and procedures, and manage data to meet tight deadlines while maintaining good relations with colleagues
- Ability to respond quickly to changing business needs and priorities. Ability to balance strategic thinking with tactical implementation
- Facility with business analytics and intelligence to understand past performance and develop new insights to drive business strategy
- An engaging, collaborative and confident communication style, effective with both individuals and groups, coupled with excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong internal (cross-functional partners, senior administration, advancement and communication team members, and external (key university constituents) customer focus with an emphasis on being proactive and not reactive
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Knowledge of MS Office and salesforce
- Must demonstrate strong project management skills
- Highly collaborative and productive with the ability to turn strategy into action
- Demonstrates excellent judgment and effectiveness in problem-solving
The position is open until January 10, 2021
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the short list will be contacted.
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at The American University in Cairo.”
Development Manager, Massey University, New Zealand, 1 day ago
Massey University Foundation Massey University Foundation Palmerston North MUF_MUF_329_02/21 Professional Grade 8 86440 - 116100 Massey University Foundation Term length: ongoing Hours of work: fu...
Senior Development Manager, Business Government And Law, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand, 4 days ago
« Back to Jobs Senior Development Manager, Business Government and Law Location: Pipitea Type: Permanent Post Date: Thu Jan 28 03:17:44 2021 Ref: 300 Are you passionate about making a difference t...
Director Of Development, Ui Cancer Center (Job Id #141677), University of Illinois, United States, about 3 hours ago
The UI Cancer Center (UICC) is a community-focused cancer center dedicated to eliminating cancer's clinical and social impact, as well as promoting health equity for all patients. Our mission is t...
Charitable Funding Manager Development And Alumni Relations Office 97690 Grade 7, University of Birmingham, United Kingdom, about 20 hours ago
Charitable Funding Manager - Development and Alumni Relations Office - 97690 - Grade 7 - (21000097) Description Position Details Development and Alumni Relations Office University of Birmingham, E...
Associate Director, Prospect Research, Brown University, United States, 9 days ago
Job Description: Brown Universityâ™s prospect research and management program is fundamental to identifying, tracking and building long-term, meaningful relationships with prospects that maximize ...
Director, Shaping Edu, Arizona State University, United States, about 15 hours ago
65834BR Campus: Tempe Director Job Description ShapingEDU is an ASU program and global community of practice that leads collaborative dreaming, doing and driving of education futures in the digit...