Reports to: Provost
Purpose: The director of academic affairs projects will work closely with the provost to strategize, plan, execute and align a variety of programs, projects, services, and initiatives that are large-scale in scope and complexity.
- Directs and integrates the activities of multiple, project operations; ensures that project efforts are generally cohesive, consistent, and effective in supporting the University's mission, goals, and strategic plan
- Develops and establishes policies and operating objectives consistent with those of the University to ensure efficient and effective implementation of cross-University projects
- Participates in and oversees the development, implementation, and maintenance of schools/departmental project objectives and short-and-long-range plans; develops tracking and evaluation programs to assist in the accomplishment of established project goals and objectives
- Manages the working relationships between project leadership, University administration, and principal business and operational stakeholders
- Facilitate the collaboration of schools and other offices to plan, design and implement changes which aim at improving/enhancing academic services
- Conduct gaps analysis between the current situation and desired outcome. Utilize appropriate resources to obtain information, consider alternatives, and deliver the solution.
- Propose innovative solutions and alternatives to regularly ensure and improve the performance, productivity, and efficiency of academic area’s operations and services
- Partner with associate provosts and deans to ensure outstanding quality work and consistency in the daily operations
- Analyze proposals submitted from academic units to the provost for review, approval or decision
- Assist with the development of strategic communications
- Monitor the provost's email daily, ensuring timely alerts to the provost of important messages, and prompt responses
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Minimum Education Requirement: University degree is required; master’s degree is an asset
Experience:Minimum of 12-15 years of relevant professional experience in the related field out of which at least five in project management. Previous experience with an educational institute is preferred
- Ability to coordinate work projects, determine priorities, set deadlines and complete projects accordingly
- Proven ability to create engaging written content across platforms
- Proficiency in content management software, social media platforms, web analytics, and social media monitoring
- Verbal communication skills are a necessity along with an ability to work as part of a team and with distinct units within the Office of the Provost
- Has the ability to solve problems through creativity, strategic thought, and planning. A desire to develop professionally, stay on top of new trends and developments in marketing and public relations and enhance skills is required
- An in-house entrepreneurial spirit is desired
The position is open until July 1, 2019
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the shortlist will be contacted. If interested, please send an updated and detailed resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating “50030733 Director, Academic Affairs Projects” in the subject line.
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at The American University in Cairo.”
Indigenous Strategies Manager, University of Alberta, Canada, 27 minutes ago
Office of the Provost and Vice-President (Academic) Competition No. - A103140485 Closing Date - Oct 25, 2019 Reporting to the Vice-Provost (Indigenous Programming and Research), the Indige...
Senior Commercialisation Manager, Massey University, New Zealand, about 2 hours ago
Office of the Provost Office of the Provost Palmerston North OP_OP_533_09/19 Professional Grade 8 82275 - 110506 Office of the Provost Term length: fixed-term Hours of work: full-time Position Ove...
Senior Administrative Officer, Student Affairs Deanship, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 12 days ago
The Opportunity The Student Affairs Deanship seeks an incumbent for the position of Senior Administrative Officer who provides administrative support to allow the Office of the Dean of Students Af...
Deputy Director/ Director (Continuing Education And Training), National University of Singapore, Singapore, about 17 hours ago
Deputy Director/ Director (Continuing Education and Training) - 00BKO Description The Faculty of Engineering is seeking a suitable candidate to helm the coordination, design, planning, setup and t...
Director, Institute Of Government And Public Affairs, University of Illinois, United States, about 5 hours ago
1. Provide leadership and direction for the activities of IGPA. Develop a vision for IGPA, set priorities and goals in consultation with IGPA faculty working groups and the universities, and imple...
Associate Director Of Academic Affairs, Asia Yokota Headquarters, University of Maryland University College, Japan, 10 days ago
Category: Advising and Enrollment Location: Yokota Headquarters-Japan Requisition ID: 10009416 . Associate Director, Academic Affairs UMUC Asia Location: Asia Yokota Headquarters Overseas Regular,...