Purpose: Support the internal and external communications strategy, write, and disseminate publicity material, respond to inquiries from the public and media as well as coordinate promotional events.
- Handle all marketing/communication activities of the program
- Collaborate with management to develop an effective communications strategy and plan based on our target audience, and implement communication branding and ensure guidelines are followed.
- Coordinate marketing and community events, including overseeing logistics, managing registrations, coordinating with vendors, creating itineraries, and ordering marketing collateral
- Coordinate events and content email marketing campaigns, including scheduling and database management
- Carry out tasks related to brainstorming and executing posts and flyers
- Write, edit, and distribute content, including publications, press releases, website content, annual reports, speeches, social media and other marketing material that communicates the organization's activities, products and/or services
- Respond to media inquiries, arrange interviews, and act as a spokesperson for the organization
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with journalists and maintain a media database
- Seek opportunities to enhance the reputation of the brand, and coordinate publicity events as required
- Maintain records of media coverage and collate analytics and metrics
- Support relationships with external stakeholders
- Gather market intelligence in relation to the program and identify trends
- Handle conflict as it arises and escalate to management
- Perform other duties as assigned
Minimum Education Requirement:
·Bachelor’s degree in journalism, mass communication, business or marketing or related field
·Two years of relevant experience
·Proven experience in marketing and communications
- Excellent command of the English and Arabic language and writing skills
- Think creatively
- Proficiency in design and publishing software
- Knowledge of desktop publishing software (InDesign/Photoshop)
- Strong organizational and project management skills, as well as attention to detail
- Excellent verbal, written, communication and interpersonal skills
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Firm grasp on various marketing platforms, channels, and best practices, including social, digital, and email marketing
- A self-starter and able to independently move projects forward, prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines
- Strong analytical skills to analyze metrics and create reports
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, content management systems, and social media Platforms
The position is open until November 3, 2020
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the short list will be contacted.
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at The American University in Cairo.”
Marketing And Communications Specialist I, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 4 days ago
Job Description The Communications Specialist is responsible for leading and supporting the implementation of the UAEU Science & Innovation Park’s (SIP’s) rebrand and communication mandate in line...
Digital Experience Specialist Social And Content, Unitech Institute of Technology, New Zealand, 1 day ago
Opportunity for an innovative and creative digital communicator Recently voted one of NZs top 20 places to work Full-time/ Permanent position Join an organisation that is positively transforming e...
Market Manager Twin Sisters Market, University of Washington, United States, about 11 hours ago
Description: In 2015, the Twin Sisters Market was formed by a group of farmers with the goal of providing fresh, local, and affordable produce to underserved residents in the Foothills Region of E...
Acting Director Communications, University of Alberta, Canada, about 20 hours ago
This is a temporary position for 1 year and is located in Edmonton, Alberta. Secondments from qualified internal applicants may be considered. The Office of the Dean of Students (DOS) coordinates ...
External Communications Advisor, Permanent, Part Time 0.5 Fte, Marlborough Institute of Technology, New Zealand, about 9 hours ago
NMIT are looking for an External Communications Advisor to will to build a positive reputation for the organisation by providing communications and external PR that delivers the NMIT visions, valu...
Marketing Coordinator, Unitech Institute of Technology, New Zealand, 2 days ago
At Unitec, we're passionate about the power of education to positively change the lives of our students, their whānau and wider communities. Joining our team as the Marketing Coordinator, you will...