Purpose: This job aims at providing the Center for Applied Research on the Environment and Sustainability - CARES with all logistical support to CARES team in order to facilitate the center’s activities. The job holder will also work as a facilitator to safely transport CARES staff and equipment to and from AUC premises. He/she is responsible for post-trip vehicle inspections, ensuring the bus/car is clean and well maintained. Candidate will be required to perform in different off-campus locations as required.
- Provide office and logistics support to CARES team
- Manage the supply and storage of supplies in conjunction with the assistant to director
- Provide all CARES sites and department with requested supplies, equipment, and required services
- Communicate with vendors, companies, and suppliers to get the purchases in time with the suitable prices
- Receive, record and Store CARES supplies items according to storage guidelines
- Meet all urgent purchasing needs immediately for CARES research
- Arrange regular maintenance and spare parts as needed
- Provide support for CARES research and projects activities and events
- Contribute to organization of events through copying required documents, checking arrival of attendees, overseeing set-up, and assisting with the audiovisual systems
- Maintain tools of logistics support under close observation such as schedule of field visits, maintaining vehicles and golf carts
- Maintain CARES vehicles records, purpose of field trips, number of passengers per day, mileage, vehicle maintenance, renewal of licenses and insurance log
- Follow up on the maintenance of CARES Vehicles on a regular basis and perform routine vehicle maintenance, such as checking oil, water, and tires; reports any non-routine problems or malfunctioning equipment
- Provide transportation support to facilitate CARES activities, field visits and meetings on and off campus, including after working hours’ trips
- Receive goods/materials from outside locations as needed
- Maintain the bus in a clean condition at all times
- Driving legally and putting safety first at all times
- Resolve emergency situations that might occur on the way to and from AUC in alignment with concerned staff
- Perform any other related duties as assigned
Minimum Education Requirement:
- Intermediate diploma
- University degree is an asset
- Three to five years of relevant experience
- Work experience in multi-cultural environment
- Knowledge of safety rules and efficient operations of vehicles including 15 passengers’ minibus and pickup trucks. Must have grad three driving license
- Ability to deal effectively and patiently with variety of people including students, staff, faculty and distinguished AUC guests
- Maintain a decent appearance and respectable attitude with others
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions in English
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, the ability to work with others and work to maintain cordial relations
- High level of confidentiality and attention to details
- Communication skills and problem-solving skills and ability to perform under stress
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office and Internet
The position is open until March 3, 2021
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the short list will be contacted.
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at The American University in Cairo.”
Auto Mechanic, Carleton University, Canada, about 20 hours ago
TERM Assignment: Carleton University also welcomes applications from continuing employees. If a Continuing employee is the successful candidate, this assignment will be considered a Career Develop...
Sales Engineer, OPRA Turbines, Netherlands, about 1 hour ago
As a Sales Engineer at OPRA Turbines you will be responsible for budget and firm quotations and technical/commercial clarifications in the bid phase. OPRA Turbines has an exciting job opportunity ...
Professor/Assistant Professor/Associate Professor In Industrial And Systems Engineering , Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 7 days ago
ABOUT UNIVERSITY Khalifa University is a world-class, research-intensive institution in Abu Dhabi, the capital city of the United Arab Emirates (UAE). The University’s mission is to seamlessly int...
Adventure Trip Leader Cape Cod, Ma, Camp Burgess & Hayward, United States, 19 days ago
Click for a hub of Extension resources related to the current COVID-19 situation. AgencyCamp Burgess & HaywardLocationCape Cod, MassachusettsJob CategoryTemporary/Seasonal PositionsSalary$385/week...
Adventure Trip Leader Cape Cod, Ma, YMCA Camp Burgess & Hayward, United States, 4 days ago
Click for a hub of Extension resources related to the current COVID-19 situation. AgencyYMCA Camp Burgess & HaywardLocationCape Cod, MassachusettsJob CategoryTemporary/Seasonal PositionsSalary$385...
Core Lab Specialist, Electron Microscopy, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 13 days ago
ORGANIZATION NAME Khalifa University ABOUT UNIVERSITY Khalifa University is a world-class, research-intensive institution in Abu Dhabi, the capital city of the United Arab Emirates (UAE). The U...