Reports to: Projects Director
Purpose: The communications partner/SSE is responsible for serving as the main communications representative with the School of Sciences and Engineering. The job holder’s main objective is to the create connections with SSE faculty and students to raise the visibility of the school and its achievements. They are responsible for working across communications functions to strengthen SSE messaging and communications. The job holder should write stories, gather information about events, help set up media interviews, assist in the school’s website and ensure interdisciplinary/multi-unit partnerships with the school. The communications partner/SSE is responsible for proactively promoting SSE by seeking and covering the achievements of the school across all communications channels. The job holder will act a communications focus point for the school, in addition to writing stories and features pieces. The job holder will collaborate with the different MarCom/PA units to ensure collaboration with activities of the school.
- Engage regularly (daily, weekly, monthly) with different members of the school (faculty, students, alumni, administrative leaders)
- Research and write a range of content to promote the school including stories, event materials, publications and website content, as appropriate
- Build relationships with faculty, students, staff in the school in order to maintain constant flow of information
- Coordinate internally with members of the Office of the Marketing Communication and Public Affairs including content, creative services, marketing, digital communications, public affairs and media relations
- Create and maintain and engagement program and tactics to build long-term mutually beneficial relations with key members of the school
- Produce feature stories of the school’s achievements and research outcomes in coordination with the content team
Minimum Education Requirement:
- BSc in communications, journalism or other related field
- Three - five years’ experience in communications, marketing or client relations related experience
- Team player and high ability to multitask
- Excellent interpersonal, client-facing and communication skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Proficiency in English language
- Proven ability to solve problems creatively and troubleshoot with positive attitude
- Strong creative thinking, innovative approach and resourcefulness
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office and project management systems/software
- Strict adherence to company policies and style
The position is open until January 17, 2021
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the short list will be contacted.
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at The American University in Cairo.”
Research Engineer, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 20 days ago
Job Description The Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering (ChBE) at the National University of Singapore (NUS) has a highly versatile engineering program. The Smart Systems Engineeri...
Professor Of Literature Or Creative Writing/ Head Of School , The University of Nottingham, Malaysia Campus ;, Malaysia, about 14 hours ago
We are seeking qualified candidates to apply for the position of Professor in Literature or Creative Writing / Head of School at the School of English, University of Nottingham Malaysia. As a seni...
Marketing And Communications Manager (Dubai) Dubai Operations 97054 Grade 7, University of Birmingham, United Arab Emirates, about 4 hours ago
Marketing and Communications Manager (Dubai) - Dubai Operations - 97054 - Grade 7 - (210000CE) Description Position Details Dubai Professional Services, External Relations University of Birmingha...
Communications Specialist, Arizona State University, United States, about 21 hours ago
65784BR Campus: Tempe Communications Specialist Job Description Are you passionate, inspirational and energetic about languages, cultures, higher education and communications? Do you love to lever...
Principal Zhejiang Wenzhou Kean International School , Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 18 days ago
Principal -Zhejiang Wenzhou-Kean International School Overview Set to open for the 2020-2021 school year, Zhejiang Wenzhou-Kean International School aspires to be a tier-1 college preparatory scho...
Instructional Designer Perdoceo Education, Colorado Technical University, United States, about 17 hours ago
Instructional Designer - Perdoceo Education( Job Number: 43993) Description This is a remote based position This position exists to create interactive, engaging content and design for courses in t...