Purpose: The purpose of the position is to lead and direct multiple teams including Network team, Solutions Development team, Help Desk, Classroom and Audio/Video events team through the planning, design, engineering, implementation, installation, and maintenance of computer, network, and telecommunication systems; the administration of voice telephony systems; the operations of a Data and Network Operations Center; the ITS Help Desk, and Software Solutions Delivery.
- Leads Directs and coordinates multiple teams including Network team, Solutions Development team, Help Desk, Classroom and Audio/Video events team through the planning, design, engineering, implementation, installation, and maintenance of computer, network, and telecommunication systems; the administration of voice telephony systems; the operations of a Data and Network Operations Center; the ITS Help Desk, and Software Solutions Delivery
- Develops and enforces policy and administrative procedures to govern the daily activities of functional areas and resolution of technical issues; provides direction to subordinate staff on such matters
- Develops studies and reports to evaluate productivity of functional areas and eliminate impediments to peak performance
- Plans and directs continuous Infrastructure and application systems support for AUC’s critical systems
- Develops and manages the preparation of the department's operating and capital budgets, monitoring and controlling expenditures, initiating procurements, approving payment of invoices, and developing financial and administrative studies and reports
- Directs and manages the preparation of requests for proposals; participates in proposal evaluation, vendor selection, and contract negotiation processes; monitors progress of consultant firms; and recommends payment for their services
- Enforces and participates in the department's information security, disaster recovery, and safety programs
- Ensures compliance with all applicable standards to ensure interoperability between different systems on the network
- Collaborate with the CISC team to ensure adherence to all security measures required to protect the safety and integrity of all information contained within AUC systems from attacks by internal and external parties
- Communicates and implements rules, policies, and procedures in support of the overall strategy of the University.
Minimum education requirement:
- Bachelor degree is required preferably in Computer Science.
- Master’s degree is a must.
Minimum of 20 years of experience in a technical support or service role including a minimum of 9 years at management level.
- Superior interpersonal communication skills
- Project management experience
- Proficient in speaking and writing both Arabic and English
- Ability to perform in multi projects.
- Ability to reach high level of deliverable excellence.
- Ability to work well with other service departments on and off campus
- Excellent managerial skills
Please note Position is open until Dec 15th,2020
Network Team Manager , Masaryk University, Czech, about 7 hours ago
Who we are – the Data and Technical Networks Team of ICS MUNI ? We build and maintain an extensive, exclusive, and complex data network of our modern university – over 12.000 km of fiber, hundred...
Software Engineer C#.Net, Lantek, Spain, about 21 hours ago
Lantek is the global leader providing software systems and solutions to companies manufacturing parts with sheet metal, tubes, and structural steel. From small workshops to international multi-pla...
Senior Network Engineer, Massey University, New Zealand, about 19 hours ago
ITS - Smart Collaboration Services Finance and Technology Auckland / Wellington / Palmerston North FT_ITSSCS_201_02/21 Professional Grade 7 72494 - 101872 Finance and Technology Term length: ongoi...
Network Team Manager, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 6 days ago
DepartmentIT Infrastructure Division – Institute of Computer Science Deadline 5 Mar 2021 Start date Negotiable E-APPLICATION Who we are – the Data and Technical Networks Team of ICS MUNI ? We bu...
Senior Lecturer / Researcher With Focus On Telecommunications / Io T, University of Applied Sciences Technikum Wien, Austria, 20 days ago
Knowledge and practical experience in several of the following: Cellular Networks, Cellular Protocols, IoT Radio Networks (NB-IoT, Lora, Sigfox, ...), IoT Network Topologies (Lora-WAN, ...), Netwo...
System Administrator For The Atlas On Line Infrastructure (Tte Programme), CERN - European Organization for Nuclear Research, Switzerland, 14 days ago
Company Description At CERN, the European Organization for Nuclear Research, physicists and engineers are probing the fundamental structure of the universe. Using the world's largest and most comp...