Reports to: Associate Vice President for Finance and Chief Finance Officer
Purpose: The chief Accounting officer report directly to the AVP for finance and CFO and responsible for all the accounting activities of both financial and management accounting. Through effective policies and procedures, good internal controls, and a knowledgeable user community. The CAO manage the functions of Accounts Receivable, student accounting, Payroll, accounts payable, general accounting, fixed asset accounting, financial analysis and reporting and external funding accounting.
- Recruit, manage, and oversee all accounting department; work with other department managers
- Manage and oversee the daily operations of the accounting department including:
∙ Month and end-year process closing on time with the Finance deadline
∙ Accounts payable/receivable
∙ General ledger
∙ Payroll and utilities
∙ Capital assets reconciliations
∙ Account statement reconciliations
∙ Fixed asset activity
∙ All taxes recording
- Responsible for the preparation of the AUC consolidated financial statements and any other external reports to the US agencies as well as the Egyptian Government and oversight as needed
- Perform advanced accounting work utilizing a centralized accounting system serving all AUC different schools and offices
- Implement policies and procedures to provide accurate and complete financial data for the University
- Develop and prepare timely and accurate financial reports for the university, including the routine delivery of internal management reports
- Develop, implement, and maintain, in conjunction with accounting directors and managers, internal control and financial reporting policies, standards and procedures that assure that all financial transactions among AUC are complied with university policies, external rules, regulations and restrictions, and generally accepted accounting principles
- Consult with and advise the CFO on trends, problems, needed policies, public relations, and exceptions to policies, standards, and procedural rules
- Maintain and enhance the University's relationships with its external entities as they relate to financial administration and distributing information to the Egyptian and the US state and federal agencies
- Act as the administrative contact point for the independent auditors' examinations and coordinating the audits for the whole university
- Initiate policy proposals, and issue operating procedures and regulations related to accounting, payroll, student accounting, grants accounting, travel accounting, fixed assets, Accounts Payable, and cashiering services, which are required to assure compliance with the University prevailing policies and/or the orders or regulations issued by duly constituted government and funding agencies
- Approve accounting and auditing provisions in all contracts that generate a financial obligation on AUC
- Ensure protection for the university's assets including the identification, recording, and maintenance of fixed assets, through effective internal control structure, and to call the attention of the university administration or internal auditors to areas of weaknesses that may require policy changes
- Manage and comply with the Egyptian, US state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings. Overseeing all Egyptian and the US tax and regulatory/compliance issues
- Recommend changes that will improve the AUC financial performance and financial controls
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Minimum Education Requirement:
- University degree in related field
- A professional accounting certification (CPA, CFM, CMA) is required
- Master degree is preferred
- Minimum of 15 years of previous experience including five years in a senior management role
- Considerable knowledge of USAID and other agencies programs policies and procedures
- Strong working knowledge of financial reporting, general ledger, internal controls, and financial planning and analysis
- Up to date knowledge of GAAP and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Strong interpersonal skills and effective communication both verbal and written
- Organizational awareness, self-motivation, independence, and the ability to exercise professional judgment
- Effective analytical, managerial and communication skills
- Fully bilingual: Mastering both English and Arabic languages
- Excellent computer skills using Microsoft Office and SAP
- Analytical and statistical skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize work flow
The position is open until Jun 14, 2021
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the short list will be contacted.
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at The American University in Cairo.”
Chief Financial Officer Foundation, Northern State University, United States, about 2 hours ago
Posting Details Logo https://pa-hrsuite-production.s3.amazonaws.com/1225/docs/115824.png Institution Northern State University Working Title Chief Financial Officer - Foundation Posting Number NFE...
Grants And Finance Manager, Max Planck Institute of Molecular Cell Biology and Genetics, Germany, about 11 hours ago
We are looking for a Grants and Finance Manager Job Description The successful candidate is responsible for post-award grant administration and related accounting duties. Main responsibilities • ...
Senior Accountant, Pennsylvania State University, United States, 13 days ago
CURRENT EMPLOYEES OR STUDENTS: If you are a current employee (faculty, staff, technical service, or student) at Penn State, please login to Workday to complete the internal application process . ...
Director Of Finance And Administrative Services, Washington State University, Worldwide, about 11 hours ago
Title: 1194-NN - Director - Administrative Services Business Title: Director of Finance and Administrative Services Location: Employee Type: Admin. Professional Job Family: Administrative Professi...
Associate Director, Business Planning And Analysis, University of Alberta, Canada, about 8 hours ago
This competition is open to all applicants however internal candidates and applicants who were former employees of the University of Alberta in the past 18 months will be given priority considerat...
Senior Accounts Administrator, McGill University, Canada, 1 day ago
Position Summary Under the direction of the Associate Director, Finance and Administration, administers accounts. Organizes distributes and verifies the work of others and participates in their tr...