Purpose: The case manager will provide administrative support to ensure that the Office of Institutional Equity remains efficient and is able to respond to confidential, sensitive and complex matters. She/he will be responsible to monitor the complaints of harassment and discrimination on the case management system, thus ensuring a timely and prompt response to these complaints. In addition, the incumbent will provide/share reports with different constituents throughout the process as well as handle logistical arrangements for the office. She/he is the principal point of contact to provide case updates, audit-related material and statistical reports. This position requires excellent organizational skills.
- Manage and prioritize complaints on the case management system
- Receive complaints and appeals, and act promptly to address them
- Ensure timely and prompt communication of interviews, as per the AUC’s anti-harassment and non-discrimination policy grievance process
- Organize, monitor, and maintain record keeping for all cases, including, but not limited to correspondence and notes of interviews/meetings
- Ensure different parties and/or administrators are available on time for different meetings throughout the resolution process
- Communicate decisions to all complainants, respondents and all concerned parties on a need-to-know basis
- Ensure and monitor compliance with final determination per the policy
- Deal with highly confidential and sensitive information on a daily basis
- Handle all logistical arrangements for the office of institutional equity
- Receive and process inquiries about harassment and discrimination complaints in a timely manner, ensuring a fair and neutral process for all parties
- Consult with relevant policy-making bodies and university administrators to identify necessary actions
- Provide information to students, faculty and staff about reporting channels and any other policy inquiries
- Update the OIE website as needed
- Develop and implement case management plans for harassment and discrimination complaints
- Attend professional forums, conferences and/or training as needed
- Perform other duties as requested by the direct supervisor
Minimum Education Requirement :
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline
- Master’s degree is a plus
- Demonstrated knowledge of and/or experience with handling similar case management
- Knowledge of Title IX and relevant policies is a plus and federal and state nondiscrimination laws
- Minimum of seven years of demonstrated work experience managing high loads of sensitive information
- Familiarity with electronic case management software and/or relevant software
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, as well as verbal and non-verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and take initiatives
- Ability to manage complex and sensitive situations objectively and with the utmost confidentiality and tact
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to prioritize work appropriately under stress while maintaining a high level of professionalism and attention to detail and adapt easily to changing priorities
- Demonstrated commitment to act ethically at all times, and to champion ethical behavior in others
The position is open until March 10, 2021
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the short list will be contacted.
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at The American University in Cairo.”
Social Work Aide Ii (Case Manager) Sph/Coip (Job Id #141121), University of Illinois, United States, about 15 hours ago
Job Summary: The School of Public Health, Community Outreach Intervention Project is seeking a Full Time Social Work Aide II (Case Manager) for a Civil Service Contract by Location Appointment. Th...
Clinical Trials Compliance Lead , University of Alberta, Canada, about 16 hours ago
This is a 12 month temporary position to fill a maternity leave, with an anticipated May 2021 start date. This competition is open to all applicants. However current employees of the University of...
Central Monitor, University of Michigan, United States, 19 days ago
Apply Now Clicking "Apply Now" opens the link in a new window. How to Apply A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. ...
Student Conduct Coordinator And Case Manager, Brown University, United States, 18 days ago
Job Description: The Coordinator and Case Manager plays a critical role in cultivating an inclusive and welcoming campus community as an integral member of the Office of Student Conduct and Commun...
University Teacher Of Mathematics (# Of Pos: 2), UNIVERSITY OF LJUBLJANA, FACULTY OF MATHEMATICS AND PHYSICS, Slovenia, 27 days ago
- The title of Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, or Full Professor of Mathematics / Financial Mathematics / Computational Mathematics / Applied Mathematics / Pedagogical Mathematics / Stat...
Medical Director, Ambulatory Primary Care Infectious Disease Clinic (Job Id #143646), University of Illinois, United States, about 15 hours ago
Medical Director, Ambulatory Primary Care / Infectious Disease Clinic - The Department of Medicine at the University of Illinois College of Medicine Peoria (UICOMP) seeks a full-time board-certifi...