Purpose: The job holder will assist in resolving complaints of sexual harassment and discrimination. The case investigator will conduct prompt and thorough investigation/fact finding once a complaint is filed. The incumbent must provide detailed, objective reports and recommendations regarding the findings on the investigation to aid in decision making regarding the complaints. The investigator will interview all parties involved and include all the information in the form of an investigation packet to the office for further review by other responsible panels. Once done, the case investigator communicates the findings to the Title IX Coordinator. The case investigator must have excellent interpersonal skills, a significant amount of writing and analysis, and an ability to investigate multiple complaints simultaneously in an efficient manner.
- Independently manage the daily responsibilities associated with investigating reported incidents and maintain accurate and thorough records of all complaints
- Prepare investigative reports that clearly identify and capture all the facts found by the investigator
- Identify and interview witnesses; gathering and securing relevant documentation; and identifying other information that would be helpful in bringing the complaints to a resolution
- Conduct thorough, prompt and equitable investigation for complaints of harassment and discrimination, including party and witness interviews, gathering and securing relevant documentation, writing and preparing investigation reports, and communicating with parties and witnesses throughout the investigation
- Investigate allegations of harassment and discrimination, whether independently or in collaboration with members of the department and other panels
- Foster and maintain the rights for all parties involved during the investigation process
- Update and maintain updated investigation records in the case management system
- Provide on-going updates regarding the status of complaints, and investigations and findings to the director, OIE and Title IX Coordinator
- Ensure that investigations are researching, gathering, preserving and analyzing evidence/information to determine the outcome of the investigation
- Provide periodic, timely updates regarding the status of investigations
- Participate in professional forums, conferences, training and/or associations as needed
- Identify and integrate, on a continuous basis, best practices in the investigation arena into knowledge base and practice
- Perform other duties requested by the direct supervisor
Minimum Education Requirement :
- Bachelor’s degree (Law’s degree or a relevant discipline is preferred)
- Master’s degree is a plus
- Minimum of seven years of experience with two years of conducting investigations (specifically allegations of harassment and discrimination, violations, or comparable field is preferred)
- Experience in a university setting is preferred
- Previous legal experience is a must; including but not limited to experience as a lawyer in Egypt
- Member of the Egyptian bar association or foreign equivalent is a plus
- Solid experience coordinating and conducting investigations of alleged harassment, sexual misconduct and discrimination in a multi- cultural and diverse environment
- Excellent judgment with the ability to manage highly sensitive, confidential data and information
- Strong organizational and time management techniques with the ability to prioritize and complete work with firm deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including demonstrated ability to listen well to different university constituents and demonstrated sensitivity to and respect for individual needs
- Demonstrated interviewing, organizational, analytical, and judgment skills
- Ability to handle significant amount of writing and analysis
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; including the ability to write concise, logical, unbiased and analytical reports to convey complex information
- Ability to develop working relationships with students, faculty and staff at all levels and parents/guardians (where appropriate)
- Empathy for and real-world experience with the wide range of disciplines, interests, and people represented at the University to address and analyze complex and sensitive issues
- Ability to take initiative, multi-task, and work well under stress
- Strong skills in the areas of conflict resolution, problem solving techniques, interviewing and investigation
- Ability to investigate multiple complaints simultaneously in an efficient manner
- Demonstrated commitment to act legally and ethically at all times, and to champion legal and ethical behavior in others
The position is open until March 10, 2021
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the short list will be contacted.
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at The American University in Cairo.”
Clinical Trials Compliance Lead , University of Alberta, Canada, about 17 hours ago
This is a 12 month temporary position to fill a maternity leave, with an anticipated May 2021 start date. This competition is open to all applicants. However current employees of the University of...
Central Monitor, University of Michigan, United States, 19 days ago
Apply Now Clicking "Apply Now" opens the link in a new window. How to Apply A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. ...
Senior Registry Officer, Coventry University, United Kingdom, 18 days ago
Full Time, Fixed-Term 12 months post (maternity cover) Secondment opportunity would be considered Registry is the administrative hub of the University and is responsible for a wide range of functi...
Assistant Director Of The Suny Student Conduct Institute (Legal), SUNY, United States, 7 days ago
About The State University of New York : The State University of New York is the largest comprehensive system of higher education in the United States, and more than 95 percent of all New Yorkers ...
Assistant Dean Of Student Conduct & Community Standards, Brown University, United States, 19 days ago
Job Description: The Assistant Dean serves as an integral member of the Office of Student Conduct & Community Standards, supporting the Senior Associate Dean/Director of Student Conduct & Communit...
Project Coordinator, Arizona State University, United States, about 4 hours ago
67018BR Campus: Downtown Phoenix Project Coordinator Job Description The Project Coordinator will work closely with Dr. Fang Yu to conduct day-to-day operations of Yu’s intervention studies in pre...