Purpose: The Business intelligence architect is responsible for architecting data solutions that benefits the business. A BI architect promotes clarity and efficiency in using data to drive decision-making.
- Creates high-level data solution design for Business Intelligence (BI) and Data Warehousing (DW) projects (conceptual model, source-to-target mapping) that align with the enterprise data strategy and translate business needs into long-term information architecture solutions. Support and facilitate workshops and interviews to elicit information needed to develop logical and physical data models. Develop and refine the enterprise data warehouse logical data model, including entities, attributes, and relationships. Develop and refine the enterprise data warehouse physical data model, including tables, columns, and relationships. Collaborate with the governance team to develop data dictionaries with agreed-upon definitions for all entities and attributes. Perform data profiling to identify and understand anomalies
- Map logical/physical attributes/columns to existing software systems, identify gaps where data in existing systems do not exist to support the Target Data Architecture (TDA), and identify transformations where data must be altered from the source systems to be accommodated in the TDA. Conduct validation exercises to check data validity post transformation
- Develop data quality cleansing rules for data elements within scope. Architect overall master data warehouse for data elements that are used by multiple information systems
- Analyze deficiencies in reporting capabilities and make improvements to the data model as necessary
- Design ETL jobs to extract data from source systems and load it into the data-warehouse model with reliable error/exception handling or rollback framework and continuously adapt the design according to business requirements
- Perform the unit testing, system integration testing and assist with user acceptance testing
- Document the ETL detailed design and test results
- Develops systems and procedures to ensure the availability and reliability of the AUC’s BI environment
- Handle software upgrades and installations
- Develop data visualizations and other reports to support data-driven decision making and strategic planning
- Perform other related duties as requested by direct supervisor
Minimum Education Requirement:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or any related field
- A minimum of 10 years of experience out of which four in a related field
- Conceptual data modeling experience required
- Logical data modeling experience (third normal form) required
- Physical data modeling experience required
- Prior work and familiarity with databases (preferably Oracle or SQL Server) required
- Previous experience with IBM Data Stage, IBM Cognos, SAP SAC, SAP BW is a plus
- Previous experience with Big Data Ingestion and Analysis solutions is a plus
- Data analysis experience required
- Outstanding communication and presence in front of senior level management required
- Ability to communicate clearly in writing and verbally
- Project Planning Capabilities
- Management skills
The position is open until October 30, 2020
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the short list will be contacted.
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at The American University in Cairo.”
Dwh Developer, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 9 days ago
Job Profile IT - Application Development Contract Type Permanent Job Purpose The successful candidate will be responsible for developing data warehouse, ETL and database components in the BPP Arch...
Senior Salesforce Developer, City of Hope, Andorra, 22 days ago
About City of Hope City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 6000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life...
Data Analyst, University of Oklahoma, United States, about 22 hours ago
Data Analyst - Job Number: 211004 Organization : Information Technology Job Location : Oklahoma-Oklahoma City-Health Sciences Center Schedule : Full-time Work Schedule: M-F 8-5 Salary Range: negot...
Associate Professor In Databases And Semantic Technologies (Ref 203552), University of Oslo, Norway, 25 days ago
A full-time permanent position as associate professor is available in the research group for Analytical Solutions and Reasoning within the Section for Programming at the Department of Informatics....
Administrative Support Staff Data Analyst, UNIVERSITY OF CYPRUS, Europe, 26 days ago
CENTER OF EXCELLENCE IN BIOBANKING AND BIOMEDICAL RESEARCH MOLECULAR MEDICINE RESEARCH CENTER VACANT POSITION FOR ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT STAFF – DATA ANALYST Title: Administrative Support Staff (D...
Principal Member Of Technical Staff For Next Generation Memory Subsystem, IMEC, Belgium, 5 days ago
What you will do Architecture and Circuit design innovations are key to position imec for success in fast evolving workloads of tomorrow and to differentiate imec’s process technology innovations ...