Purpose: The Business intelligence architect is responsible for architecting data solutions that benefits the business. A BI architect promotes clarity and efficiency in using data to drive decision-making.
- Creates high-level data solution design for Business Intelligence (BI) and Data Warehousing (DW) projects (conceptual model, source-to-target mapping) that align with the enterprise data strategy and translate business needs into long-term information architecture solutions. Support and facilitate workshops and interviews to elicit information needed to develop logical and physical data models. Develop and refine the enterprise data warehouse logical data model, including entities, attributes, and relationships. Develop and refine the enterprise data warehouse physical data model, including tables, columns, and relationships. Collaborate with the governance team to develop data dictionaries with agreed-upon definitions for all entities and attributes. Perform data profiling to identify and understand anomalies
- Map logical/physical attributes/columns to existing software systems, identify gaps where data in existing systems do not exist to support the Target Data Architecture (TDA), and identify transformations where data must be altered from the source systems to be accommodated in the TDA. Conduct validation exercises to check data validity post transformation
- Develop data quality cleansing rules for data elements within scope. Architect overall master data warehouse for data elements that are used by multiple information systems
- Analyze deficiencies in reporting capabilities and make improvements to the data model as necessary
- Design ETL jobs to extract data from source systems and load it into the data-warehouse model with reliable error/exception handling or rollback framework and continuously adapt the design according to business requirements
- Perform the unit testing, system integration testing and assist with user acceptance testing
- Document the ETL detailed design and test results
- Develops systems and procedures to ensure the availability and reliability of the AUC’s BI environment
- Handle software upgrades and installations
- Develop data visualizations and other reports to support data-driven decision making and strategic planning
- Perform other related duties as requested by direct supervisor
Minimum Education Requirement:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or any related field
- A minimum of 10 years of experience out of which four in a related field
- Conceptual data modeling experience required
- Logical data modeling experience (third normal form) required
- Physical data modeling experience required
- Prior work and familiarity with databases (preferably Oracle or SQL Server) required
- Previous experience with IBM Data Stage, IBM Cognos, SAP SAC, SAP BW is a plus
- Previous experience with Big Data Ingestion and Analysis solutions is a plus
- Data analysis experience required
- Outstanding communication and presence in front of senior level management required
- Ability to communicate clearly in writing and verbally
- Project Planning Capabilities
- Management skills
The position is open until October 30, 2020
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the short list will be contacted.
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at The American University in Cairo.”
Business Intelligence Analyst Iii, Boston Children's Hospital, United States, 11 days ago
At BCH, success is measured in patients treated, parents comforted and teams taught. It's in discoveries made, processes perfected, and technology advanced. In major medical breakthroughs, small a...
Healthcare Data Analyst Clinical Data Management (Galveston) 72850, UTMB Health, United States, 29 days ago
Job ID 72850 Job Title Healthcare Data Analyst - Clinical Data Management (Galveston) Full/Part Time Full-Time Location Galveston Business Unit HOSPT Regular/Temporary Regular Favorite Job Min Qua...
Database/Backend Developer, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, 3 days ago
Do you want to develop ground-breaking scientific software? If you have backend software development with strong database skills, and you are looking for a job that is different from most software...
Data Analyst, McGill University, Canada, 16 days ago
Position Summary: Supports the development and on-going maintenance of analytical reports and trend analysis to respond to the needs, goals and mission of the Scholarships & Student Aid Office (SS...
Director – Data And Knowledge Engineering, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, about 7 hours ago
Do you want to develop cutting edge technology to support cutting edge science? Do you have experience working with large research data sets of different omics types with an engineering, architect...
Associate Professor In The Field Of Entrepreneurship, Handelshøyskolen BI / BI Norwegian Business School, Norway, 28 days ago
The Department of Strategy and Entrepreneurship is seeking to expand their resource capacity within the academic discipline of Entrepreneurship. The Department of Strategy and Entrepreneurship at ...