Reports to: Senior Director for External Relations
Purpose: The job holder is responsible for enhancing awareness of the school's impact, programs and centers locally and internationally, and promoting the school’s identity and brand positioning through all the available media channels, events and campaigns. He/she is responsible for maintaining the school’s social media platforms, website and online presence, communicating achievements, initiatives and events both internally and externally, and coordinating and reviewing all the school units’ communication efforts to ensure consistent brand messages.
The job holder is also responsible for the development of the school’s corporate identity and brand positioning and messages, as well as overseeing their consistent implementation across the school.
Finally, the job holder is responsible for overseeing the school’s marketing strategy and its implementation and for managing the marketing and communication function of the school and its different programs, including on-ground and digital marketing campaigns and advertising, web optimization, and expanding visibility and reach locally and internationally. He/she is responsible for the development and management of the marketing and communication team and for providing marketing support to all the school’s units
School Branding PR and Marketing Content
- Creating, developing and enhancing the school brand
- Initiating and strengthening brand-customer relationships
- Planning and implementing school promotional campaigns
- Liaison between school stakeholders and the AUC media manager to ensure school activities are widely promoted on different internal and external channels (newspapers, magazines, TV, and others). Work on drafting and approval of all press releases, media advisories and media kits. Capture school media presence in different media outlets including the school media section on the website
- Planning and coordinating with digital marketing agencies to enhance reach and visibility
School communications strategy, planning and follow up
- Articulate the school’s communication strategy and direction. Communicate strategy to internal stakeholders. Ensure implementation and continuous review and update of the strategy
- Planning and supervising the production of the School of Business communications and marketing material in a timely manner
- Working with the team to develop and establish school communication messages on its impact
School of Business Marketing and Communication:
Supervising the Communications team (2 full-time – 1 outsourced - 3 work-study) to develop and implement the below:
- School Website: Maintain and update the school website, as well as develop a plan for the development, update, maintenance and retirement of content
- Content Creation: Develop as well as oversee written content pertaining to school activities, events and achievements disseminated through multiple media channels
- Social Media: Supervise development and curation of social media content, interacting with target virtual communities and developing social media campaigns aiming at enhancing engagement
- Newsletter: Develop a semi-annual newsletter/letter from the dean aimed at communicating the school’s main achievements news and activities to different constituents
- Internal Bulletin:Develop a weekly internal bulletin aimed at enhancing internal communication, highlighting achievements and funnel content to internal pipelines
- Publications: Develop content and oversee the production of school digital and print publications, including the dean’s semester message, annual report, annual book and program brochures, as well as provide technical support and supervision of content from different units
- Publicity Material: Edit and approve all material related to school events to ensure consistency and unity of message
- Video Content: Coordinate the production of school videos and animated program content, work with internal team and freelance consultants on script, shooting and editing of video content
- Capacity Building: Organize training sessions for school communication focal points to highlight the school’s main communication message. Enhance staff skills in the development of communication material, written content and social media engagement
Minimum Education Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree is required. Master’s degree in related field is a plus
- 10 – 15 years of experience in a related field.
- Demonstrate skills, knowledge and experience in the design and execution of marketing and communication activities
- Self-driven with strong creative, strategic, analytical and organizational personal skills
- Experience in developing and managing budgets, and hiring, training, developing, supervising and appraising personnel
- Experience in digital media management and overseeing the design and production of websites, print materials and publications
- Commitment to working with shared leadership and in cross-functional teams
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a time
Position is open until March 27, 2023
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the shortlist will be contacted.
"The American University in Cairo is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply."
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at The American University in Cairo.”
Adjunct Instructor (Multiple Positions), The University of Arizona, United States, 1 day ago
Sign In Create Profile Adjunct Instructor (Multiple Positions) United States | req16446 Apply Now Share Save Job Back to Search Adjunct Instructor (Multiple Positions) Posting Number req16446 Depa...
Marketing/Comm Spec Sr, Arizona State University, United States, 7 days ago
91848BR Campus: West Marketing/Comm Spec Sr Job Description ASU New College of Interdisciplinary Arts and Sciences is looking for a creative, motivated, and detail-oriented self-starter to serve a...
Senior Producer, Arizona State University, United States, 12 days ago
91321BR Campus: Downtown Phoenix Sr. Producer, Production Coord Job Description The Senior Producer is responsible for developing broadcast and digital segments for AZPBS. Working under the direct...
Assistant Dean Of Admissions , Columbia University, United States, about 20 hours ago
Job Type: Officer of Administration Bargaining Unit: Regular/Temporary: Regular End Date if Temporary: Hours Per Week: 35 Salary Range: $130,000 - $163,750 The salary of the finalist selected for ...
Camera Trapping For Wildlife Research & Monitoring Online Course, Center for Wildlife Studies, United States, about 1 month ago
AgencyCenter for Wildlife StudiesLocationOnlineJob CategoryTrainingSalarynaStart Date06/12/2023Last Date to Apply06/11/2023Websitehttps://www.centerforwildlifestudies.org/courses-1/cameratrapping2...
Videographer Prn, Arizona State University, United States, about 13 hours ago
92203BR Campus: Tempe Videographer PRN Job Description The Videographer PRN Videotapes and edits lecture videos in studio and on-site locations for online courses and digital learning initiatives ...