Reports to: General Counsel and Chief Compliance Officer
Purpose: The job holder will provide legal services, including advice, counsel, representation, and research and ensure the compliance of the University’s operations with applicable laws and regulations.
- Responsible for the management of numerous and varied legal matters and will provide timely and effective advice and counsel to various University units and personnel
- Represents the University before governmental bodies, agencies and committees
- Drafts, negotiates and reviews University contracts, including but not limited to, procurement and acquisition, information technology, service agreements and so on
- Negotiates, issues and reviews various types of agreements and legal documents
- Conducts legal research with respect to various legal matters and preparing legal opinions and provides legal opinions to the concerned units and offices
- Conducts internal investigations and issues reports and recommendations
- Monitors recent changes in applicable laws, regulations and decrees and advises on changes and anticipated changes, which may have impact on the University’s business and operations
- Participates in internal committees on behalf of the Office of Legal Affairs
- Liaises with external counsels with respect to existing and potential legal disputes involving the University and issues/updates periodical reports, regarding the status of all litigation matters
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Education Requirements:
- Bachelor’s of law
- Registered at the Egyptian Bar Association
- 8 years of significant legal out of which 5 years in litigation
- Strong experience in compliance, internal investigation and Labor Law matters
- Analytic approach to legal and contractual matters
- Ability to analyze facts, evidence, and legal instruments
- Ability to express conclusions and arguments clearly, logically and convincingly in oral and written form
- Ability to determine issues in various cases
- Ability to analyze complex legal problems and render formal opinions
- Ability to creatively develop strategy and tactics
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Efficiency in drafting and reviewing legal documents in Arabic and English
- Ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community
This position is open until March 20, 2023.
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the shortlist will be contacted.
"The American University in Cairo is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply."
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at The American University in Cairo.”
Paralegal, Arizona State University, United States, 27 days ago
91216BR Campus: Tempe Paralegal Job Description The Paralegal will support primarily the public records and litigation functions of the Office of General Counsel. Specific tasks may include: Revie...
Manager, Career Services, University of Alberta, Canada, about 4 hours ago
While this position welcomes applications from the public, please note that preference will be given to current employees at the University of Alberta. Please indicate your internal status using t...
Legal Counsel, University of Alberta, Canada, about 4 hours ago
This position is a part of the Association of the Academic Staff of the University of Alberta (AASUA). In accordance with the Trust/Research Academic Staff Agreement , this position offers a compr...
Er Advisor/ Junior Employment Lawyer, Massey University, New Zealand, 1 day ago
Employment Relations University Services Palmerston North / Wellington US_ER_539_05/23 Professional Grade 7 76708 - 107795 University Services Term length: ongoing Hours of work: full-time Positio...
Associate Director, Labor & Employee Relations, Harvard University, United States, 15 days ago
23-May-2023 University Administration 62612BR Position Description Reporting to the Managing Director of Labor & Employee Relations, the Associate Director will be responsible for the following pr...
Senior Legal Services Advisor, Massey University, New Zealand, 21 days ago
Research Operations Office of the Provost Palmerston North / Wellington OP_RO_493_05/23 Professional Grade 5 54973 - 77676 Office of the Provost Term length: ongoing Hours of work: full-time Posit...