Reports to: CARES Director
Purpose: The job holder is responsible for providing full executive support to the department, faculty and staff, as well as students enrolled in our graduate program. The assistant is intensively engaged in internal and external constituencies (e.g., SSE and AUC administration; field rotation sites), course scheduling, in coordination with the Registrar, student enrollment, degree audits, classroom reservation, supply requisition, budget oversight, conference travel, and workshop scheduling, and collaboration with other departments. In addition, is responsible for coordination and assistance in the execution of various policies, projects, and events in support of CARES academic and research goals and needs, as well as maintain CARES reports and literature.
- Assists the CARES director with daily administrative duties and completes a broad variety of administrative tasks that include managing an active calendar of appointments; composing and preparing correspondence, agendas and compiling documents for meetings
- Manages inquiries and concerns of faculty, current and incoming students, and conducts research on various aspectsrelevant to the internal and external stakeholders in facilitating academic and research activities
- Manages records and interviews associated with faculty, staff recruitment and activities
- Collects and analyzes data for use in reports, inclusive of national and international proposal development in collaboration with the community projects manager
- Coordinates and follows up successfully on initiatives and projects designed by the CARES’ director or designee in the fields of:
- Environmental sustainability
- Environmental health
- Public and internal communications
- Budget processes and financial services
- Community engagement
- Grants and internships
- Facilitates communication and networking among internal and external stakeholders
- Arranges all logistics regarding travel planning (both domestic and international)
- Supports the team with on-site meetings and special events, communication, preparing agendas, taking minutes, and other administrative tasks as requested
- Assists in formatting, editing of documents, pertinent literature, web-presence and other materials
- Screens phone and CARES emails inquiries. Exercises sound judgment in response to inquiries and seek assistance or resolve issues when appropriate
- Assists with the maintenance and tracking of events, conferences, grant opportunities, syllabi, degree audits, and faculty performance
- Represents CARES professionally with staff, guests, callers, and external visitors
- Assists CARES director and/or faculty in recruitment and program publicizing events
- Anticipates and resolves problems, updating director, faculty and staff, as needed
- Prepares different statistics required to facilitate decision-making
- Organizes and attends department faculty and staff meetings; records, disseminates and archives minutes
- Maintains staff records, accomplishments, and tracks leaves in collaboration with director and operations manager
- Maintains office supply inventory
- Participates and collaboratively assists in department and school events (e.g., open houses, commencements)
- Coordinates meeting and event-related logistics
- Serves as the administrative point of contact between the director and internal/external contacts
- Performs any other related duties as assigned
Minimum Education Requirement :
· University degree is required
· Minimum seven years of experience in a related field
· Excellent communication skills
· Fluency in spoken and written English and Arabic
· Ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies
· Highly organized with demonstrated ability to be collaborative to compile information, communicate responsibilities and expectations and track progress
· Ability to both take direction, establishing priorities and following through on assignments
· Ability to manage confidential information in the utmost professional manner
· Tech savvy and has the ability to use technology to achieve work goals efficiently and effectively
· Ability to manage multiple priorities under pressure
· Ability to prioritize and plan work activities so as to use time efficiently
· Should have flexibility and discretion
The position is open until November 10, 2020
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the short list will be contacted.
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at The American University in Cairo.”
Assistant Director ,Public Services, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 1 day ago
The Opportunity Reporting to the Director of Library and Learning Commons, the Assistant Director manages the Dubai Campus Library, Public Services unit. The highly motivated, collaborative, inno...
Center Coordinator , Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 20 days ago
ABOUT UNIVERSITY Khalifa University of Science and Technology Khalifa University is a world-class, research-intensive institution in Abu Dhabi, the capital city of the United Arab Emirates (UAE). ...
Graduate Studies, Research And Outreach Support Administrative Officer, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 2 days ago
The Opportunity The Graduate Studies, Research & Outreach Support Administrative Officer will support the College Dean and the Assistant Dean for Graduates Studies and Research in all day-to-day o...
Operations Coordinator, Office Of Global Surgery, University of Alberta, Canada, 17 days ago
This competition is open to all applicants however internal candidates and applicants who were former employees of the University of Alberta in the past 18 months will be given priority considerat...
Communications Officer, McGill University, Canada, 4 days ago
Delve Thought Leadership Platform Founded in 2019, Delve is the official thought leadership publication of McGill University’s Desautels Faculty of Management. Under the direction of its Editor-...
Campus Physical Development Manager, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 1 day ago
The Opportunity Reporting to the Director, CPDO, the incumbent will lead and manage the CPDO team to meet operating goals of the department in Abu Dhabi campus. The successful candidate will provi...