Reports to: Director, Building Capacity for Early Career, Political Science
Purpose: The position holder provides administrative support and executive assistance to the director with professional standards, playing an essential role in keeping the workflow running smoothly.
- Act as the first point of contact for the Principal Investigator (PI) for Institutional coordination and logistical support
- Serve as a liaison with partner universities
- Manage the daily agenda and activities of the Principal Investigator (PI) including coordination and scheduling of meetings, appointments, interviews, preparation of documents, spreadsheets and keeping record of his meetings and appointments
- Handle correspondence (e-mail, memos, and external letters)
- Coordinate all logistics for project events including, booking venues, catering, setting of venues, security approvals, arranging workshop, renting apartments for the guest researchers during their stay in Cairo
- Assist the research fellows with obtaining the IRB approval
- Manage the necessary and financial transaction on SAP
- Prepare monthly stipend for the fellows
- Coordinate all travel and accommodation logistics for PI and researchers
- Align with the Principal Investigator Support Unit (PISU) on weekly basis to settle and process payments
- Prepare background briefings, agendas, minutes and related correspondence for meetings
- Maintain and process personnel related matters
- Order equipment and office supplies
- Oversee smooth operations of daily activities such as photocopying, scanning, mail and filing
- Create and maintain an efficient filing and record keeping system
- Perform other duties as required
Minimum Education Requirement:
- Minimum five-seven years of experience in the administrative field
- Excellent command of English and Arabic, written and spoken
- Excellent Knowledge of SAP excellent interpersonal, communication and administration skills
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- High degree of confidentiality of personal matters of executive management
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously with prioritization
- Highly self-motivated and able to adapt to change quickly
- Proficiency in MS Office is a necessity
The position is open until June 16, 2021
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the short list will be contacted.
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at The American University in Cairo.”
Senior Executive, School Of Economics, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 10 days ago
Full Time Executive Diploma | Bachelor Degree Singapore | Closing On 22 Aug 2021 About Us Singapore Management University is a place where high-level professionalism blends together with a healthy...
Assistant To The Dean, Washington State University, Worldwide, 21 days ago
Title: 1123-YN - Assistant To Business Title: Assistant to the Dean Location: Employee Type: Admin. Professional Job Family: Administrative Professional - OT Eligible Position Details: Summary of ...
Assistant To The Dean, Washington State University, Worldwide, 12 days ago
Title: 1123-NN - Assistant To Business Title: Assistant to the Dean Location: Employee Type: Admin. Professional Job Family: Administrative Professional - Not OT Eligible Position Details: Summary...
Head Of Quality Assurance, University Of Hertfordshire Hosted By Global Academic Foundation (Uh Gaf) , The University of Hertfordshire hosted by Global Academic Foundation ;, Egypt, 15 days ago
Location: University of Hertfordshire host by Global Academic Foundation based in the New Administrative Capital, Cairo, Egypt Main duties and responsibilities: The main purpose of this role is to...
Research Coordinator, University of Alberta, Canada, about 7 hours ago
This competition is open to all applicants however internal candidates and applicants who were former employees of the University of Alberta in the past 18 months will be given priority considerat...
Uowd8151 Customer Service Advisor, University of Wollongong Dubai, UAE, about 6 hours ago
Essential Criteria • Customer service experience in a call centre environment • Experience in consultative sales techniques. • Excellent written and spoken English communication skills • Attention...