Reports to:Director, Building Capacity for Early Career, Political Science
Purpose:The job holder will provide administrative support and executive assistants to the director with professional standards, playing an essential role in keeping the workflow running smoothly.
- Act as the first point of contact for the PI for Institutional coordination and logistical support
- Serve as a liaison with partner universities
- Manage the daily agenda and activities of the PI including coordination and scheduling of meetings, appointments, interviews, preparation of documents, spreadsheets and keeping a record of his meetings and appointments
- Handle correspondence (e-mail, memos, external letters, etc.)
- Coordinate all logistics for project events including, booking venues, catering, setting of venues, security approvals, arranging workshop, renting apartments for the guest researchers during their stay in Cairo
- Assist the research fellows with obtaining IRB approval
- Manage the necessary and financial transaction on SAP
- Prepare monthly stipend for the fellows
- Coordinate all travel and accommodation logistics for PI and researchers
- Align with the PISU on weekly basis to settle and process payments
- Prepare background briefings, agendas, minutes and related correspondence for meetings
- Maintain and process personnel-related matters
- Order equipment and office supplies
- Oversee smooth operations of daily activities such as photocopying, scanning, mail and filing
- Create and maintain an efficient filing and record-keeping system
- Perform other duties as required
Minimum Education Requirement(s): Bachelor degree is required.
Experience: Minimum of five to seven years of experience in the administrative field.
- Excellent command of English and Arabic, written and spoken
- Excellent Knowledge of SAP
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and administration skills
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- High degree of confidentiality of personal matters of executive management
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously with prioritization
- Highly self-motivated and able to adapt to change quickly
- Proficiency in MS Office is a necessity
This position is open until December 25, 2019
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the shortlist will be contacted. If interested, send an updated and detailed resume to email@example.com, stating “Program Assistant to Director” in the subject line.
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at The American University in Cairo.”
Executive, Nus Centre For Research In Privacy Technologies (Nc Ri Pt), National University of Singapore, Singapore, 4 days ago
Executive, NUS Centre for Research in Privacy Technologies (NCRiPT) - 00D73 Description Manage the administration of Principal Investigator (PI)’s research grant accounts and maintain proper docum...
Expert, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 14 days ago
Job Description The United Arab Emirates University is seeking an expert to develop, modify, and manage oversees all Endowment funds including Permanent, Managed, Supporting Foundation and Donor A...
Laboratory Project Coordinator, ISGLOBAL, Spain, 2 days ago
Description: The Barcelona Institute for Global Health (ISGlobal) is a cutting-edge institute addressing global public health challenges through research, translation into policy and education. IS...
Executive, Research Office (School Of Computing), National University of Singapore, Singapore, about 24 hours ago
Executive, Research Office (School of Computing) - 00DBX Description The successful candidate will provide administrative support to the Research Office, School of Computing. He/She will:- Assist...
Director Of Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan Center For Health Sciences (Zchs), Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 29 days ago
Director of Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan Center for Health Sciences (ZCHS) United Arab Emirates University The United Arab Emirates University (UAEU) is the UAE’s premier teaching and research insti...
University Council Secretary, Office Of The President, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 29 days ago
Description The Opportunity The University Secretary (Secretary) is responsible to the University Council, through the Chairman, to ensure effective and efficient operations of the University’s sy...