Reports to:Director, Building Capacity for Early Career, Political Science
Purpose:The job holder will provide administrative support and executive assistants to the director with professional standards, playing an essential role in keeping the workflow running smoothly.
- Act as the first point of contact for the PI for Institutional coordination and logistical support
- Serve as a liaison with partner universities
- Manage the daily agenda and activities of the PI including coordination and scheduling of meetings, appointments, interviews, preparation of documents, spreadsheets and keeping a record of his meetings and appointments
- Handle correspondence (e-mail, memos, external letters, etc.)
- Coordinate all logistics for project events including, booking venues, catering, setting of venues, security approvals, arranging workshop, renting apartments for the guest researchers during their stay in Cairo
- Assist the research fellows with obtaining IRB approval
- Manage the necessary and financial transaction on SAP
- Prepare monthly stipend for the fellows
- Coordinate all travel and accommodation logistics for PI and researchers
- Align with the PISU on weekly basis to settle and process payments
- Prepare background briefings, agendas, minutes and related correspondence for meetings
- Maintain and process personnel-related matters
- Order equipment and office supplies
- Oversee smooth operations of daily activities such as photocopying, scanning, mail and filing
- Create and maintain an efficient filing and record-keeping system
- Perform other duties as required
Minimum Education Requirement(s): Bachelor degree is required.
Experience: Minimum of five to seven years of experience in the administrative field.
- Excellent command of English and Arabic, written and spoken
- Excellent Knowledge of SAP
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and administration skills
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- High degree of confidentiality of personal matters of executive management
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously with prioritization
- Highly self-motivated and able to adapt to change quickly
- Proficiency in MS Office is a necessity
This position is open until December 25, 2019
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the shortlist will be contacted. If interested, send an updated and detailed resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating “Program Assistant to Director” in the subject line.
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at The American University in Cairo.”
In Kingdom Communications Advisor, King Abdullah University of Science and Technology, Saudi Arabia, about 9 hours ago
Position Summary: The In-Kingdom Communications Advisor is responsible for devising and delivering communications plans to support KAUST’s mission, strategic goals and to grow KAUST’s national and...
Administrative Officer, Library And Learning Commons, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 5 days ago
The Opportunity The Library & Learning Commons Department seeks an incumbent for the position of Administrative Officer to provide highly effective administrative and secretarial support to the Di...
Project Administrator, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 14 days ago
The Nahrein Network: New Ancient History Research for Education in Iraq and its Neighbours The University of Kurdistan Hewlêr is a leading modern University in the Kurdistan Region – Iraq and we a...
Graduate Programs And Special Events Coordinator, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 14 days ago
Job Purpose: To handle all administrative aspects of LLM/SJD programs and serve as the college's principal administrative organizer for special events. Key Result Areas: Develop and implement mark...
Office Manager @ Brightlands Institute For Smart Society (Biss), Maastricht University, Netherlands, about 5 hours ago
Office Manager @ Brightlands Institute for Smart Society (BISS) Office Manager @ Brightlands Institute for Smart Society (BISS) Published Deadline Location 16 Jan 26 Feb Heerlen Job description We...
Digital Campaigns Specialist, King Abdullah University of Science and Technology, Saudi Arabia, about 9 hours ago
Position Summary: Digital Campaigns Specialist is responsible for managing the KAUST YouTube channel and collaborating with the Social Media Specialist and Senior Content Producer to deliver dynam...