Reports to: Senior Director, Accounts Payable
Purpose: To ensure that all financial transactions related to Accounts Payable are carried out with AUC prevailing internally imposed policies and procedures as well as the Egyptian taxation Law (Tax deduction percentage)
- Ensuring adequate checking on Accounts Payable financial transactions
- Communicating policies and procedures issues to relevant parties
- Supervising the receiving and delivering of checks and allocation of the payment’s requests to accountants for checking
- Responsible for posting, preparing SAP proposals, and signing all financial payment requests relates to travel and USD payments
- Participating in posting part of EGP payment requests
- Controlling the petty cash and advance holders
- Participates in resolving the customers and vendors’ complaints
- Replacement for Accounts Payable director during his absence and in terms of her scope of work
- Perform other related duties as requested by direct supervisor
Minimum Education Requirement:
- University degree in finance/accounting or in related field
- Minimum of 10 years of previous experience including five years in management role
- Previous experience in overseeing accounts payable processing is preferred
- Good knowledge of working with multiple currencies and multiple legal entities
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to lead and mentor staff accountants and accounts payable personnel
- Strong time management skills
- Strong analytical, problem solving skills, collaborative skills
- Ability to multitask on competing and deadline sensitive priorities
- Ability to work independently and self-motivated
- Strong attention to details
- Exceptional customer service/vendor management experience
- Excellent English language skills
- Excellent computer skills
The position is open until May 2, 2021
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the short list will be contacted.
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at The American University in Cairo.”
Fiscal Specialist 2, Washington State University, Worldwide, about 1 hour ago
Title: 151F-YN - Fiscal Specialist 2 Business Title: Fiscal Specialist 2 Location: Employee Type: Classified Job Family: Civil Service - OT Eligible Position Details: Summary of Duties: This posit...
Accounting Specialist, Arizona State University, United States, about 21 hours ago
68237BR Campus: Tempe Accounting Specialist Job Description Financial Services seeks an Accounting Specialist to perform a variety of accounting functions requiring initiative and independent judg...
Payroll Operations Specialist, Brown University, United States, 22 days ago
Job Description: The Payroll Operations Specialist is responsible for assisting the Payroll Manager and Assistant Payroll Manager to ensure all payroll functions are carried out effectively and ti...
Finance & Human Resources Administrator, University of Alberta, Canada, 7 days ago
This competition is open to all applicants however internal candidates and applicants who were former employees of the University of Alberta in the past 18 months will be given priority considerat...
Officer Accounts (Fixed Term), University of Otago, New Zealand, about 23 hours ago
Officer Accounts (Fixed Term)-2101157 SHARED SERVICES FINANCE SERVICES Who we are We are the Division of Shared Services, a team of highly skilled professional staff responsible for delivering an ...
Officer Accounts, University of Otago, New Zealand, about 23 hours ago
Officer Accounts-2101158 SHARED SERVICES FINANCE SERVICES Who we are We are the Division of Shared Services, a team of highly skilled professional staff responsible for delivering an outstanding s...