Reports to: Program Coordinator, TLG
Purpose: The (TLG) is a five-year project for a total of nineteen graduate international students. Each student will be working on a pre-approved thesis research project in one of the four disciplines of education, economics, migration and refugee studies, and nanotechnology. The assistant coordinator, is responsible for supporting the program coordinator in providing meaningful experiences to the TLG students to enhance their performance and competencies. S/he is responsible for handling all program’s administrative duties including student selection, recruitment, and training and travel. S/he will also work closely with the senior officer, TLG communications and outreach on designing creative outreach material and maintaining an updated website as well as assist the program coordinator, and TLG team in designing and implementing work plans, and is responsible for the
organization of all training activities, workshops and retreats.
- Work with the TLG team to ensure a high performance, student service-oriented work environment
- supports students’ learning and achieves the program’s missions, objectives and values
- Contribute to the selection and recruitment process of new students
- Assist the program coordinator in the design and implementation of work plans
- Support the program coordinator in drafting learning outcomes, soliciting and evaluating training proposals
- Assist in planning and organizing training activities, field trips, and conferences
- Work closely with the senior officer, TLG communications and outreach to design creative outreach
- including handbooks, presentations, newsletters, brochures etc.
- Collect and update information on students and alumni for databases and TLG website as needed
- Maintain a record of students’ activities and attendance of required events and workshops within
- scope of the program
- Follow up on students’ residency status with the Office of Business Support
- Assist in data collection preparation of program-related reports
- Coordinate with graduate program administrative assistants with students’ registration and
- Coordinate administrative logistics including ordering and setting up catering, car reservation,
- space reservations, and hall reservations
- Perform standard office procedures, draft correspondences, data entry, scanning, photocopying
- proposals, and reports
- Arrange for professional travel and conference registration for team members
- Perform additional duties as assigned
Minimum Education Requirement:
- Bachelor degree in education, communications, development, or relevant field
- Three to four years of professional experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent command of the English and Arabic languages, both spoken and written
- Very good computer skills
- Team player and results-oriented
- Excellent organizational skills
The position is open until July 20, 2021
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the short list will be contacted.
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at The American University in Cairo.”
Program Administrator, McGill University, Canada, 18 days ago
Position Summary: Reporting to the Associate Director, Masters Programs, the Program Administrator will provide administrative and student affairs support to the Masters of Management in Retailing...
Senior Executive, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 27 days ago
Teaching and Learning Centre Job Description The Executive / Senior Executive will support the Teaching & Learning Centre (TLC) in provision of timely learning support to meet the needs of SUSS st...
Web And Communications Coordinator, University of Alberta, Canada, about 16 hours ago
This competition is restricted to current employees of the University of Alberta. Please indicate your internal status using the "Advertisement" drop down menu when applying. This position offers ...
Junior Programme Coordinator, University of Twente (UT), Netherlands, 3 days ago
A vacancy for an Programme Coordinator for the Bachelor International Business Administration (IBA) and Master Business Administration (BA) has arisen in the Education Service Centre (OSC) of the ...
Pgme Competency By Design Coordinator, University of Alberta, Canada, about 16 hours ago
This competition is restricted to internal candidates or applicants who were former employees of the University of Alberta in the past 18 months. Please indicate your internal status using the "Ad...
Pathway And Inclusion Coordinator, Washington State University, Worldwide, about 3 hours ago
Title: 107N-YN - Program Coordinator Business Title: Pathway and Inclusion Coordinator Location: Employee Type: Classified Job Family: Civil Service - OT Eligible Position Details: COVID-19 Vaccin...