Purpose: The job holder is responsible for providing administrative support to the security office to ensure efficient operation. It will support the security office through a variety of tasks related to organization and communication ensuring that all administration tasks are completed accurately and delivered with high quality and in a timely manner.
- Administer and manage all office administrative work, draft, type, photocopy all required documents and answer routine correspondences
- Receive, classify and distribute mail
- Receive phone calls, answer or direct them to appropriate channels
- Organize, maintain and update the department’s files including office confidential documents
- Maintain the chief security officer calendar and receive meeting requests
- Professionally translating documents and reports from/to English/Arabic
- Review, follow up and proceed reservations for supplies and stationary materials
- Handle overtime for security guards including official hours and other cost center
- Create fund reservation, purchase requisitions and general payments for invoices
- Responsible for maintaining on SAP and attendance records and related forms including emergency, sick and annual leave for managerial level and administrative staff
- Assist in processing security staff contract renewals, reclassification and adjustment forms and updating reporting line
- Handle staff and external scholarships
- Handle printing requests including required approval from Office of Marketing Communications and Public Affairs
- Assist in tasks related to commencement events
- Perform any additional assignments as instructed by the direct supervisor
Minimum Education Requirement:
- BA or BSc degree in business or business-related discipline required
- Minimum of six years in a related field
- Excellent command of English and Arabic, written and spoken
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and administration skills
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work with minimal supervision
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent verbal and written reporting skills
- Proficiency in translation from English to Arabic and vice versa
- Good knowledge of SAP
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
The position is open until July 25, 2021
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the short list will be contacted.
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at The American University in Cairo.”
Professor/Associate Professor In Public Administration, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 10 days ago
Job Description The Department of Government and society seeks to fill a full-time position of a Full Professor in Public Administration (or Public Administration and Public Policy as a double maj...
Instructor, Media And Creative Industries, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 4 days ago
Job Description The United Arab Emirates University invites applications for a full-time Instructor in digital media production in the Department of Media and Creative Industries. Applicants for t...
Associate/Full Professor In Science Or Stem Education, UNITED ARAB EMIRATES UNIVERSITY, United Arab Emirates, 12 days ago
Job Description The College of Education (CEDU) at The United Arab Emirates University (UAEU) seeks an innovative faculty member who is able to contribute to the ongoing and developing undergradua...
Assistant Professor/Associate Professor/Professor In Translation Studies, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, about 7 hours ago
Job Description The College of Humanities and Social Sciences at the United Arab Emirates University (UAEU) is searching for a faculty member with a strong capacity in Translation Studies. Candida...
Laboratory Technician, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, about 7 hours ago
ORGANIZATION NAME College of Arts and Sciences ABOUT UNIVERSITY Khalifa University is a world-class, research-intensive institution in Abu Dhabi, the capital city of the United Arab Emirates (UAE)...
On Site Patient Access Representative 1 Plantation Sccc, University of Miami, United States, 15 days ago
Current Employees: If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn h...