Reports to: Senior Director Financial Analysis and Reporting
Purpose: The job holder will provide support to the financial analysis and reporting unit by managing daily accounting tasks and to be part of a team of professionals working to maintain the university fixed assets, insurance, risk assessment, and reporting tasks. This is done through verification of daily payment requests, purchase requisitions, and insurance policies, cost allocated journals of the university overhead costs. In addition, review, follow-on, and record keeping of all university insurance policies claims’, and requests. Proceed with the University required financial reporting on periodical and year end closing basis.
- Responsible for the University insurance policies renewals on timely basis
- Securing the University interest in managing the vehicles polices; accidents, other insurance claims, and refunds
- Communicate with different stakeholders regarding required information and documents to settle insurance claims. Such as clinic, carpool, facilities, and other various departments
- Manage the general insurance refunds, related insurers checks/bounces into the University bank accounts
- Follow and communicate the annual re-evaluation of insured assets and update their values in the insurance policies
- Ensure that vehicles claim and related payment to workshops are settled with the insurers
- Review and release purchase requisition of fixed assets
- Maintain and update fixed assets master data with required information
- Modify, delete and write off fixed asset master data on SAP
- Assist departments in any issues related to fixed assets
- Assist in reviewing and verifying invoices to proceed the fixed assets vendors’ payments including completion of missing data (description, serial numbers, and information for cost allocation and so on)
- Assist in park and process journal entries to ensure all business transactions are recorded
- Assist with settlements and accounting procedures for capital projects
- Assist the assistant manager in the preparation of monthly/yearly closings
- Review and report advanced payments, and follow up with Supply Chain Management and various units within the controller’s office to settle these advances
- Support external audit requirements for auditing financial statements
- Update financial and insurance data in databases to ensure its accuracy and availability of any future required reporting on claims, insurance coverage, or refunds
- Assist in the processing the monthly financial statements
- Assist with reviewing of expenses, payables records as assigned
- Assist in the preparation of the annual tax reports required to compile the Internal Revenue Service requirements
- Assist in annual analysis of University performance and comparison with peer’s universities
- Perform other related duties as requested from direct supervisor.
Minimum Education Requirements:
- Bachelor degree in accounting is required
- Minimum of 7 years of previous experience
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent knowledge of SAP system, especially fixed assets module
- Good knowledge of finance and risk assessment
- Organized and has a high level of communication skills
- Sense of customer service and e-mails etiquette is required.
This position is open until February 2, 2023
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the short list will be contacted.
"The American University in Cairo is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply."
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at The American University in Cairo.”
Program Manager Claims And Loss Management, Harvard University, United States, 15 days ago
23-May-2023 Financial Administration 62646BR Position Description Financial Administration (FAD) is dedicated to advancing Harvard University’s teaching and research mission by stewarding its reso...
Zentralinstitut John F. Kennedy Institut Abteilung Soziologie Research Assistant (Postdoc) (M/F/D) Full Time Job Limited To 3 Years Entgeltgruppe 13 Tv L Fu Reference Code: Wi Mi Insuring Modern Societies Bewerbungsende: 19.06.2023, Free University of Berlin, Germany, about 1 hour ago
ZI John F. Kennedy Institute, Sociology Department, Project: Insuring modern society: A historical-comparative sociology of private insurance, its evolution, origins and consequences This project ...
Senior Clinical Billing Specialist, University of Arkansas, United States, 1 day ago
Current University of Arkansas System employees including student employees and graduate assistants need to log into Workday on My Apps. Simply enter "Find Jobs" in the Workday search bar to view ...
Spec Registration & Eligibility, University of New Mexico Hospitals, United States, 15 days ago
Department: Admitting - UH FTE: 1.00 Full Time Shift: Evenings Position Summary: Perform pre-registration and registration functions for area assigned; verify insurance coverage eligibility and be...
General Manager, Harvard University, United States, 29 days ago
Job Summary As a direct report to the Managing Director, the General Manager is a key stakeholder in the institution’s administration overseeing many organizational functions, providing guidance a...
Research Administration Associate , Baylor College of Medicine, United States, about 15 hours ago
Apply now » Title: Research Administration Associate Division: Pathology Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Work Location: Hybrid Salary Range: $67,000 - $78,514 FLSA Status: Exempt ...