Copenhagen Business School invites applications for a vacant tenure-track Assistant Professorship in Japan Studies related to research disciplines covered by the Department of International Economics, Government and Business.
Core research areas of the Department of International Economics, Government and Business (EGB) bring together the study of states, markets, and international firms in the context of the challenges faced by emerging and advanced economies. EGB’s research is based on international business, economics, and politics, and is of direct relevance to business, policy-makers and scholars. Teaching responsibilities of the department comprise undergraduate and graduate teaching in the programmes International Business, International Business and Politics, and International Business in Asia. To learn more about the research and education of the department, please visit the departmental homepage here .
Examples of research areas that the assistant professor might cover, with a particular reference to Japan:
- International Business
- Political economy
- International Economics
The assistant professorship is a tenure-track position (6 years) with research and teaching obligations. To fulfill the research requirements of the position, the applicant chosen is expected to be physically present on a regular basis and actively participate in the teaching and research activities of the Department. The successful applicant is obliged to participate in the assistant professor program at CBS on teaching principles and methods in order to fulfill the pedagogical requirements made at the end of the term of employment as assistant professor.
- Teaching and associated examination in existing CBS programs, including Executive Education
- Individual and group based research meeting high international standards
- Promoting CBS’s academic reputation
- Initiating, fund raising and coordinating research projects
- Promoting the teaching and research capabilities of Copenhagen Business School and other relevant assignments at Copenhagen Business School
- Contributing to the administrative responsibilities of the department and to CBS-wide tasks
- Communicating findings to the public in general and to CBS’s stakeholders in particular
- Research, including responsibility for the academic development of the relevant discipline
- Responsibility for publishing, scientific communication and research-based teaching
- Active participation in the regular research activities, such as research seminars, workshops and conferences
The assistant professor is expected to contribute to the development and application of the research of the department’s research areas and to maintain and strengthen CBS’s international research position.
The applicant must hold a PhD or the equivalent. Emphasis is placed on the applicant’s research potential, which means that a researcher with a large research potential may be preferred to a researcher with a large research production.
The applicant must have professional proficiency in English (written and spoken). Knowledge of the Japanese language would be an advantage.
Copenhagen Business School has a broad commitment to the excellence, distinctiveness and relevance of its teaching and research programmes. Candidates who wish to join us should demonstrate enthusiasm for working in an organisation of this type (highlighting, for example, relevant business, educational and dissemination activities).
For further information please contact: Head of Department Jens Gammelgaard tel.: +45 3815 2512, e-mail email@example.com . Information about the department may be found here .
Appointment and salary will be in accordance with the Ministry of Finance’s agreement with the Central Academic Organisation.
Application must be sent via the electronic recruitment system, using the link below.
Application must include:
- A statement of application
- Proof of qualifications and a full CV
- Documentation of relevant, significant, original research at an international level, including publications in the field’s internationally recognized journals and citations in the Social Science Citation Index and/or Google Scholar
- Documentation of teaching qualifications or other material for the evaluation of his/her pedagogical level
- Information indicating experience in research management, industry co-operation and international co-operation
- A complete, numbered list of publications (indicating titles, co-authors, page numbers and year) with an * marking of the academic productions to be considered during the review. A maximum of 10 publications for review are allowed. Applicants are requested to prioritise their publications in relation to the field of this job advertisement
- Copies of the publications marked with an *. Only publications written in English (or another specified principal language, according to research tradition) or one of the Scandinavian languages will be taken into consideration.
The Recruitment Committee will shortlist minimum two applicants; when possible five or more applicants will be shortlisted. The shortlisted applicants will be assessed by the Assessment Committee. All applicants will be notified of their status in the recruitment process shortly after the application deadline.
The applicants selected for assessment will be notified about the composition of the Assessment Committee and later in the process about the result of the assessment.
Once the recruitment process is completed each applicant will be notified of the outcome of their application.
Copenhagen Business School must receive all application material, including all appendices (see items above), by the application deadline.
Details about Copenhagen Business School and the department are available at www.cbs.dk .
Closing date: 1 March 2019.
With some 21.500 full and part-time students, 630 full-time faculty members, 200 PhD and 680 administrative staff CBS is a unique business-oriented university with a full portfolio of Bachelor, Masters, MBA/EMBA, PhD and Executive programmes delivered in English and Danish. Our academic staff includes internationally-recognised experts in classical business disciplines as well as in philosophy, history, psychology, sociology, law, political science, information systems, culture and languages.
Postdoctoral Researcher , jobs.ac.uk, United Kingdom, 19 days ago
(2 Year Fixed Term Contract) General The National Centre for Family Business (NCFB) is a recognized research centre within DCU Business School. The NCFB supports the development of Family Business...
Associate Of Teaching And Academic Activities / 教学与学术事务助理, New York University, United States, about 5 hours ago
This Associate of Teaching and Academic Activities is a unique position designed for Master’s level graduates and young professionals who have recently completed their academic programs. The role ...
Postdoc In Protein Protein Interaction, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, about 2 hours ago
A 2-year postdoctoral fellowship, with possibility for extension, is available at Department of Biotechnology and Biomedicine (DTU Bioengineering) at the Technical University of Denmark. The posit...
Qualitative Research Methods 2019 , Copenhagen Business School , CBS, Denmark, about 9 hours ago
1028818 Course Qualitative Research Methods - 2019 Faculty Professor Torsten Ringberg, Department of Marketing, Copenhagen Business School Professor Dr. Markus Reihlen, Institute of management and...
Postdoctoral Fellow In Business Administration, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, about 18 hours ago
About the position There is 1-2 temporary position(s) available at NTNU Business School as Postdoctoral Fellow in Business Administration for a period of two years (or three with obligation to wor...
Postdoctoral Research Associate Business Analytics , jobs.ac.uk, United Kingdom, 10 days ago
Join a highly successful, collaborative, supportive and engaged team Work on data mining and machine learning problems of real-world impact Full-time, Fixed Term 2 years, Academic Level A, Salary ...