We are looking for a highly motivated and experienced Staff Scientist to join the Sakamoto Group. The expected start date is February 1, 2021 or after agreement.
The Novo Nordisk Foundation Center for Basic Metabolic Research (CBMR) is a vibrant international research environment with a focus on interdisciplinary collaboration. Our researchers share a common purpose as they seek to transform the basic understanding of the mechanisms involved in metabolic health and disease, and to accelerate this knowledge toward new prevention and treatment strategies. The Center’s research has resulted in seminal discoveries as to how genes, hormones, and environmental factors influence metabolic health and disease throughout life. You can read more about us here: www.cbmr.ku.dk
The position available is in the Sakamoto Group, headed by Professor Kei Sakamoto, which investigates fundamental molecular signaling mechanisms that control energy metabolism and glucose homeostasis associated with exercise, insulin resistance and type 2 diabetes. You can read more about the group here.
We are looking for a highly motivated and skilled staff scientist who is passionate about science and capable of providing high quality experimental and organizational support to the researchers of the group in the area of fundamental metabolic research and hereby contributing to the acceleration of our scientific discoveries.
Your tasks include
- Managing extensive collections of cell lines through generating detailed inventory and optimizing cell culture conditions/assays (e.g. metabolic end-point, signaling, gene reporter assays)
- Generation and characterization of genetically-modified cell lines
- Establishing/practicing high throughput mouse genotyping and assisting mouse colony management (inventory, data base management)
- Assisting ex vivo and in vivo mouse phenotyping and metabolic characterizations linked to energy/glucose homeostasis
- Supervision of junior scientists
- Contributions to high-standard organization of data, sample and reagent management using the embedded electronic lab notebook system
Desirable qualification and experience
- 4-5+ years of experience with laboratory work and an MSc degree within biochemistry and/or cell biology linked to skeletal muscle biology, as well as +2 years of experience in pre-clinical (mouse) work (with a certificate: EU function ABD (FELASA C))
- Extensive experience in cell culture work in various cell lines (including muscle cell lines) and in performing end-point assays (e.g. metabolic readouts such as glucose uptake)
- Experience in supervising lab technicians and junior scientists
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- A team player with a “can-do” attitude
- Positive, pro-active, and open-minded
- Solution-oriented, and capable of handling multiple tasks at the same time
Place of employment
The place of employment is the Novo Nordisk Foundation Center for Basic Metabolic Research
Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences, University of Copenhagen. We offer creative and stimulating working conditions in dynamic and international research environment.
Terms of salary and employment
The employment as staff scientist is a full-time position for 3 years. Expected starting date is February 1, 2021 or after agreement. Employment will be in accordance with the provisions of the collective agreement between the Danish Ministry of Finance and AC (the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations).
For further information regarding the position, please contact Professor Kei Sakamoto: email@example.com . For questions regarding the recruitment procedure, please contact SUND HR CBMR at SUND-HR-CBMR@sund.ku.dk
Your application, in English, should include:
- Motivation letter (max one page)
- Curriculum vitae incl. possible publications
- Copies of relevant certificate(s) of education
- Documentation of English language qualifications, if non-EU/non-Scandinavian and non-native English speaker.
Please submit your application by clicking on “Apply Now” below.
Application deadline: 3 December, 2020.
We reserve the right not to consider material received after the deadline, and not to consider applications that do not live up to the abovementioned requirements.
The University of Copenhagen wishes to reflect the diversity of society and welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background.
Part of the International Alliance of Research Universities (IARU), and among Europe’s top-ranking universities, the University of Copenhagen promotes research and teaching of the highest international standard. Rich in tradition and modern in outlook, the University gives students and staff the opportunity to cultivate their talent in an ambitious and informal environment. An effective organisation – with good working conditions and a collaborative work culture – creates the ideal framework for a successful academic career.
Immunoassay Development Senior Scientist, RemedyBio, Ireland, 24 days ago
RemedyBio Background RemedyBio’s business is centered on commercially deploying our discovery capability, which forms the foundation of the current frontier of biological insight- understanding th...
Research Specialist Position In The Laboratory Of Protein Metabolism, International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw, Poland, 1 day ago
Laboratory of Protein Metabolism at the International Institute for Molecular and Cell Biology (IIMCB), Warsaw, headed by Dr. Wojciech Pokrzywa, seeks motivated Research Specialist to join a proje...
Assistant Professor, Warsaw University of Technology, Poland, 1 day ago
The candidate should have PhD in the field in natural sciences in the discipline of chemical sciences, field biotechnology, and achievements in science (confirmed by scientific publication from JC...
Dynamics Of The Malaria Parasite Invading The Human Erythrocyte, Université Libre de Bruxelles (ULB), Belgium, 4 days ago
A two-year postdoctoral position in theory and simulation of biomaterials is available starting from July the 1st (or earlier) at the Physics of Complex Systems and Statistical Mechanics Laborato...
Laboratory Technician On Project In Translational Neuroscience , University of Luxembourg, Luxembourg, 11 days ago
The technician Laboratory technician will support the research team in Translational Neuroscience regarding the organization of the lab (ordering, supply), perform experiments, obtain training in ...
Visiting Research Specialist (Lacrimal Cell Biology Laboratory ) Ophthalmology & Visual Sciences (Job Id #140406), University of Illinois, United States, about 14 hours ago
Minimum Qualifications Bachelor’s degree in science or related field required. Master’s degree in science preferred. Minimum of 3 years of related research experience. Possesses and applies compre...