Applications are invited for a combined full-time position as Staff Scientist (AC-TAP) (80% time) and Assistant Professor (20% time) in the laboratory of DNRF Chair and Novo Nordisk Faculty Professor Vijay Tiwari (https://www.tiwarilab.com/ ) at the Department of Molecular Medicine (IMM), University of Southern Denmark (SDU).
The position is available from May 1, 2023 (or as soon as possible thereafter) – April 30, 2025 with a possibility for prolongation.
The staff scientist/assistant professor will lead research on gene regulatory mechanisms underlying brain development and its disruption in various neurological disorders and support Professor Tiwari in the smooth running of the laboratory at various levels.
IMM aims to generate new knowledge on the function of the human body and disease mechanisms, thereby contributing to improved human health. IMM hosts an interdisciplinary group of experts in neurobiology and cancer biology and is in close proximity to the experts in genomics, proteomics and chromatin biology. Such a promising environment elicits translational collaborations with clinical practice and research toward understanding mechanisms underlying the pathophysiology of various human diseases.
The Tiwari lab employs cutting-edge epigenetics and molecular biology tools in combination with genomics and computational biology approaches to generate comprehensive models of gene regulation during brain development and its misregulation in diseases including neurodevelopmental disorders and cancer.
To learn more, refer to the selected publications from Tiwari lab:
Nature Cell Biology, 2022, 24, 1265–1277; Genes & Development, 2020, Sep; 34(17-18):1190-1209; Nature, 2019, Mar; 567(7746):113-117; Cell Stem Cell, 2018, Oct 4; 23(4):557; NatureCommunications, 2017 Nov 15;8(1):1523; TheEMBO Journal, 2016 Jan 4;35(1):24-45; J Cell Science, 2015 Dec 1;128(23):4380-94; The EMBO Journal, 2015 Aug 13;34(16):2162-81; Genome Research, 2015 Sep;25(9):1309-24; Nature Communications, 2013, Sep 27; 4:2478; Cancer Cell, 2013, 23, 768-783; PNAS, 2012 Apr 17;109(16): E934-43; Nature Genetics, 2012 Jan; 18;44(1):94-100; Nature, 2011 Dec 14;480(7378):490-5.
- Lead research on investigating gene regulatory mechanisms underlying cell-fate decisions during development and its misregulation in diseases
- Design research projects and lead the group in establishing complex molecular biology protocols
- Perform in vitro and in vivo (animal models) experiments as necessary
- Conduct collaborative research and interact with a broad range of colleagues and researchers
- Support research and development activities within group
- Maintain accurate and detailed records of all research activities within the group
- Support the group leader in everyday routines including training of new group member
- Support the group leader in grant applications and management
- Collaborate with internal and external partners
- Engage in teaching and supervision as required
- PhD in molecular biology, neurobiology, cancer biology, epigenetics, biochemistry, developmental biology or related areas.
- Excellent track record in research with at least one first-author publication
- Strong expertise in soft skills such as scientific writing (in both English and Danish), presentations, interpersonal skills and communication
- Experience in team building, coaching, guiding, and effectively managing researchers will be advantageous
- Strong analytical, organizational, and record-keeping skills
- Proficient computer skills, including MS Office and research software programs
- Interest in working in a multidisciplinary and multicultural team
- Willing to collaborate with internal and external collaborators as well as support group members
- Experience and interest in teaching
- Fluency in both Danish and English languages
- The possibility to engage in high-impact, multidisciplinary research
- A stimulating, diverse and international research environment
- An initial contract for two years, with the possibility of extension for another two years
- Advanced training opportunities
- Highly motivated research team and international collaborations
- Access to state-of-the-art equipment and facilities
- A supportive scientific and social network, including mentoring and career development
- A competitive salary and social benefits (e.g. health coverage, parental leave, social security etc.)
- Support with practical, social, and legal aspects (e.g. housing, visa, tax etc.) through our international staff office (ISO) and the department
For further information, please contact Professor Vijay Tiwari at firstname.lastname@example.org
Read more about the post and apply online for the post:
Application deadline: March 12, 2023
Airc Nano Patterned Metastatic Melanoma For Quantifying Metabolic Changes In Mediated Drug Resistance, CNR Institute of Nanotechnology, Italy, 20 days ago
11 May 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company CNR Institute of Nanotechnology Department Sede di Lecce Research Field Biological sciences » Other Researcher Profile First Stage Researcher (R1) ...
Single Cell And Functional Genomics Research Technician, Centre for Genomic Regulation, Spain, 4 days ago
The Institute The Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG) is an international biomedical research institute of excellence, based in Barcelona, Spain, with more than 400 scientists from 44 countries. T...
Dynamic Signaling Reciprocity Shapes Invadopodia Function And Metastatic Process Of Ovarian Cancer: Role Of Endothelin 1, AIRC - Associazione Italiana per la Ricerca sul Cancro, Italy, 24 days ago
5 May 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company AIRC - Associazione Italiana per la Ricerca sul Cancro Research Field Biological sciences » Biology Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) Le...
Laboratory Technician In Cellular And Molecular Biology, ETH, Switzerland, 1 day ago
The research at the Institute of Cell Biology (ICB) covers a broad range of organisms, experimental techniques and topics. The ICB hosts nine research groups that focus on a variety of topics rang...
Research Technician To The Department Of Microbiology, Tumor And Cellbiology, Karolinska Institutet, Sweden, 1 day ago
Do you want to contribute to top quality medical research? Flow cytometry is a central methodology within the life sciences. The Biomedicum flow cytometry core facility (BFC) is a shared resource ...
Postdoctoral Research Scientists (M/F/D) | Immunoregulation, Max Planck Institute of Biochemistry, Martinsried, Germany, 6 days ago
Job Code: 2023_22 Job Offer from May 23, 2023 The Max Planck Institute of Biochemistry (MPIB) in Martinsried (near Munich, Germany) is one of the leading international research institutions in the...