Applications are invited for a combined full-time position as Staff Scientist (AC-TAP) (80% time) and Assistant Professor (20% time) in the laboratory of DNRF Chair and Novo Nordisk Faculty Professor Vijay Tiwari (https://www.tiwarilab.com/ ) at the Department of Molecular Medicine (IMM), University of Southern Denmark (SDU).
The position is available from May 1, 2023 (or as soon as possible thereafter) – April 30, 2025 with a possibility for prolongation.
The staff scientist/assistant professor will lead research on gene regulatory mechanisms underlying brain development and its disruption in various neurological disorders and support Professor Tiwari in the smooth running of the laboratory at various levels.
IMM aims to generate new knowledge on the function of the human body and disease mechanisms, thereby contributing to improved human health. IMM hosts an interdisciplinary group of experts in neurobiology and cancer biology and is in close proximity to the experts in genomics, proteomics and chromatin biology. Such a promising environment elicits translational collaborations with clinical practice and research toward understanding mechanisms underlying the pathophysiology of various human diseases.
The Tiwari lab employs cutting-edge epigenetics and molecular biology tools in combination with genomics and computational biology approaches to generate comprehensive models of gene regulation during brain development and its misregulation in diseases including neurodevelopmental disorders and cancer.
To learn more, refer to the selected publications from Tiwari lab:
Nature Cell Biology, 2022, 24, 1265–1277; Genes & Development, 2020, Sep; 34(17-18):1190-1209; Nature, 2019, Mar; 567(7746):113-117; Cell Stem Cell, 2018, Oct 4; 23(4):557; NatureCommunications, 2017 Nov 15;8(1):1523; TheEMBO Journal, 2016 Jan 4;35(1):24-45; J Cell Science, 2015 Dec 1;128(23):4380-94; The EMBO Journal, 2015 Aug 13;34(16):2162-81; Genome Research, 2015 Sep;25(9):1309-24; Nature Communications, 2013, Sep 27; 4:2478; Cancer Cell, 2013, 23, 768-783; PNAS, 2012 Apr 17;109(16): E934-43; Nature Genetics, 2012 Jan; 18;44(1):94-100; Nature, 2011 Dec 14;480(7378):490-5.
- Lead research on investigating gene regulatory mechanisms underlying cell-fate decisions during development and its misregulation in diseases
- Design research projects and lead the group in establishing complex molecular biology protocols
- Perform in vitro and in vivo (animal models) experiments as necessary
- Conduct collaborative research and interact with a broad range of colleagues and researchers
- Support research and development activities within group
- Maintain accurate and detailed records of all research activities within the group
- Support the group leader in everyday routines including training of new group member
- Support the group leader in grant applications and management
- Collaborate with internal and external partners
- Engage in teaching and supervision as required
- PhD in molecular biology, neurobiology, cancer biology, epigenetics, biochemistry, developmental biology or related areas.
- Excellent track record in research with at least one first-author publication
- Strong expertise in soft skills such as scientific writing (in both English and Danish), presentations, interpersonal skills and communication
- Experience in team building, coaching, guiding, and effectively managing researchers will be advantageous
- Strong analytical, organizational, and record-keeping skills
- Proficient computer skills, including MS Office and research software programs
- Interest in working in a multidisciplinary and multicultural team
- Willing to collaborate with internal and external collaborators as well as support group members
- Experience and interest in teaching
- Fluency in both Danish and English languages
- The possibility to engage in high-impact, multidisciplinary research
- A stimulating, diverse and international research environment
- An initial contract for two years, with the possibility of extension for another two years
- Advanced training opportunities
- Highly motivated research team and international collaborations
- Access to state-of-the-art equipment and facilities
- A supportive scientific and social network, including mentoring and career development
- A competitive salary and social benefits (e.g. health coverage, parental leave, social security etc.)
- Support with practical, social, and legal aspects (e.g. housing, visa, tax etc.) through our international staff office (ISO) and the department
For further information, please contact Professor Vijay Tiwari at firstname.lastname@example.org
The successful applicant will be employed in accordance with the agreement between the Ministry of Finance and AC (the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations).
Applications must be submitted electronically using the link "Apply online"
The attached files must be in Adobe PDF or Word format. Each box can only contain a single file of max. 10 Mb.
We strongly recommend that you read How to apply before you apply.
Application should include
- A letter stating your specific interest, motivation, and qualifications for the project in question (max. two pages).
- A detailed CV, including personal contact information (max three pages).
- A complete and numbered publication list.
- Documentation of Master’s and Ph.D. degrees.
- Up to 3 scientific peer-reviewed publications considered by the candidate as most important for this position. Please notice that one pdf.- or docx.-file must be attached for each publication
- a teaching portfolio
- a research plan detailing the candidate’s ideas and plans for her/his future research work
- At least two signed reference letters mentioning the applicant’s name. Should your referees wish to send their letters directly, please have them use e-mail: email@example.com mentioning your name and the title of the position in the subject line. Please note that these also need to reach us before the deadline.
Only applications submitted online and written in English will be accepted for evaluation.
Applications may be shortlisted.
Incomplete applications and applications received after the deadline will neither be considered nor evaluated. This also applies to reference letters.
Living and working in Denmark
Foreign applicants will be offered Danish language training as part of the employment. The International Staff Office (ISO) at SDU provides a variety of services for new employees, guests, and people who consider applying for a job at The University of Southern Denmark. Among other things, the staff answers questions concerning salary , taxation , housing , and accompanying family . For further information on what it is like working at SDU, please read "10 good reasons why you should choose SDU" . Additional information about working in Denmark can be found at Work in Denmark .
The University wishes our staff to reflect the diversity of society and thus welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background.
Technician B Cell Analysis, Sanquin Blood Supply Foundation (Sanquin), Netherlands, 6 days ago
The position: The technician will support a post-doc who will study the modulatory effect of tolDC on human B cells (naïve and memory) in in vitro assays. Since B cell responses in vivocan either ...
Computational Biologist, VIB, Belgium, about 3 hours ago
The Laboratory of Computational Biology (www.aertslab.org ) is part of the KU Leuven Center for Human Genetics and the VIB Center for Brain and Disease Research. We are interested in decoding the ...
Assistant Professor Of Single Cell Heterogeneity In Cutaneous T Cell Lymphoma, University of Copenhagen, Denmark, 10 days ago
We are looking for a highly motivated and dynamic researcher who will join the skin inflammation and cancer group as assistant professor for a full time position in three years to commence as soon...
Fachbereich Veterinärmedizin Institut Für Veterinär Biochemie Research Assistant (Praedoc) (M/F/D ) With 65% Part Time Job Limited To 3 Years Entgeltgruppe 13 Tv L Fu Reference Code: We03 Sfrp1 Bewerbungsende: 10.04.2023, Free University of Berlin, Germany, about 1 hour ago
Job description: A position for a Research Assistant (PraeDoc) (m/f/d) TV-L13 (65%)) is available in the laboratory of Dr Torsten Stein at the Institute of Veterinary Biochemistry FU-Berlin, Germa...
Bioinformatician For The Single Cell Omics Platform, University of Copenhagen, Denmark, 10 days ago
Novo Nordisk Foundation Center for Basic Metabolic Research Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences University of Copenhagen We are seeking a bioinformatician to strengthen our abilities to draw ro...
Part Time Academic Research Staff For The Single Cell Omics Platform, University of Copenhagen, Denmark, 10 days ago
Novo Nordisk Foundation Center for Basic Metabolic Research Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences University of Copenhagen We are looking for a highly skilled and motivated Academic Research Staf...