Yeast Metabolic Engineering group is a part of the Novo Nordisk Foundation Center for Biosustainability. We develop novel yeast cell factories to produce chemicals and natural products in a more sustainable way. We have supportive and collaborative atmosphere to ensure that each member of the team can thrive and realize their potential.
Responsibilities and qualifications
You will be engineering yeast cell factories for production of natural colors. Your specific tasks will involve:
- Literature review, hypotheses formulation, and experimental design
- Wet-lab work on strain engineering, fermentation, analytics
- Supervision of PhD students, MSc and Bsc students and research assistant(s)
- Writing grant applications, reporting on grant results
- Reporting results in peer-reviewed publications and presentations at conferences and meetings
- Collaboration within the group and within the center, participation in international collaborations and outreach activities
Cross-organizational collaboration, knowledge sharing, and co-created publications are a part of our center’s DNA. As such, you must thrive in a very collaborative environment.
You must contribute to teaching at the Department. DTU employs two working languages: Danish and English. You are expected to be fluent in at least one of these languages, and in time are expected to master both.
As a formal qualification you must hold a PhD degree (or equivalent) as well as academic qualifications equivalent to those obtained by holding a position as a researcher or postdoc. To be appointed as a senior researcher, you must have completed a didactic/pedagogic education. If you do not have the necessary education, then it is possible to complete this requirement within a period of two years of appointment.
- Hands-on experience with metabolic engineering and advanced genome editing of yeasts
- Excellent track-record of scientific achievements (publications, patents, awards, grants, conference presentations, etc.)
- Ability to work independently, to plan and carry out complicated research tasks, and also to be a part of the large research team
- Experience in project planning and supervision of students or laboratory technicians
- Team spirit and excellent collaboration skills
- Strong analytical skills and excellent judgment ability
- Excellent communication skills, fluent written and oral English
- Well-organized, efficient, result-oriented, have excellent record keeping abilities.
- Grant and patent writing experience is a plus
You will be assessed against the responsibilities and qualifications stated above and the following general criteria:
- Research experience
- Experience and quality of teaching
- Research vision and potential
- International impact and experience
- Societal impact
- Innovativeness, including commercialization and collaboration with industry
- Leadership, collaboration, and interdisciplinary skills
- Communication skills
Salary and terms of employment
The appointment will be based on the collective agreement with the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations. The allowance will be agreed upon with the relevant union.
You can read more about career paths at DTU here
If you would like additional information about the position, please contact Prof. Irina Borodina at +45 61775451 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are applying from abroad, you may find useful information on working in Denmark and at DTU at DTU – Moving to Denmark .
Please submit your online application no later than the 31 July 2023 (Danish time).
Applications must be submitted as one PDF file containing all materials to be given consideration. To apply, please open the link "Apply now", fill out the online application form, and attach all your materials in English in one PDF file. The file must include:
- Application (cover letter)
- Vision for teaching and research
- CV including employment history, list of publications indicating scientific highlights, H-index and ORCID (see http://orcid.org/ )
- Teaching portfolio including documentation of teaching experience
- Academic Diplomas (MSc/PhD)
You can learn more about the recruitment process here .
Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
All interested candidates irrespective of age, gender, race, disability, religion or ethnic background are encouraged to apply.
The Novo Nordisk Foundation Center for Biosustainability (DTU Biosustain)
Recent progress in our ability to read and write genomic code, combined with advances in automation, analytics and data science, has fundamentally changed the scope and ambition of harnessing the potential of biological systems. Big data approaches and analysis of biological systems are key research instruments at the Center. DTU Biosustain utilizes these advances for microbial cell factory design to foster sustainable lifestyles in relation to three application areas: Sustainable Chemicals, Natural Products, and Microbial Foods. Learn more at biosustain.dtu.dk
Technology for people
DTU develops technology for people. With our international elite research and study programmes, we are helping to create a better world and to solve the global challenges formulated in the UN’s 17 Sustainable Development Goals. Hans Christian Ørsted founded DTU in 1829 with a clear mission to develop and create value using science and engineering to benefit society. That mission lives on today. DTU has 13,500 students and 6,000 employees. We work in an international atmosphere and have an inclusive, evolving, and informal working environment. DTU has campuses in all parts of Denmark and in Greenland, and we collaborate with the best universities around the world.
Postdoc In Computational Biology , University of Southern Denmark, Denmark, about 7 hours ago
Applications are invited for a position of postdoc in Computational Biology in the laboratory of DNRF Chair and Novo Nordisk Faculty Professor Vijay Tiwari (https://www.tiwarilab.org/) at the Dep...
Postdoc In Epigenetics , University of Southern Denmark, Denmark, about 7 hours ago
Applications are invited for a position of postdoc in epigenetics in the laboratory of DNRF Chair and Novo Nordisk Faculty Professor Vijay Tiwari (https://www.tiwarilab.org/) at the Department of...
Postdoctoral Position To Study Adipocyte Signaling Using Advanced Functional Genomics , University of Southern Denmark, Denmark, about 7 hours ago
Center for Adipocyte Signaling (ADIPOSIGN) invites applications from outstanding postdoctoral candidates who are interested in joining our team effort to understand adipocyte signaling states. The...
Postdoctoral Studies In Cardiac Delivery Of Therapeutic Oligonucleotide Conjugates (Scholarship), Karolinska Institute, Sweden, about 6 hours ago
Do you want to contribute to top quality medical research? The Department of Laboratory Medicine consists of seven divisions and is active in many areas of Laboratory Medicine. The department is i...
Postdoctoral Position In Developing Cell Type Specific Targeting Approaches For Adipose Tissue , University of Southern Denmark, Denmark, about 7 hours ago
The Loft group at the Functional Genomics & Metabolism Research Unit, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Southern Denmark, invites applications from outstanding postd...
Postdoctoral Researcher In Neuroscience And/Or Human Stem Cell Based Neuronal Models, UNIVERSITY OF HELSINKI, United Kingdom, 24 days ago
INVITATION FOR APPLICATIONS Postdoctoral researcher We are looking for a skilled postdoctoral fellow with a background in neuroscience and/or human stem cell based neuronal models at the Institute...