Apply no later than 11 July 2017
Apply for the job at DTU Management Engineering by completing the following form.
The Climate Change and Sustainable Development (CCSD) research group, Systems Analysis Division, Department of Management Engineering, Technical University of Denmark invites applications for a Researcher position within the field of climate and hydrological modelling for studies on climate change impacts, adaptation and linkages to the energy system.
Responsibilities and tasks
The Researcher will be part of a multi-disciplinary research team and will be responsible for:
- Analyzing the physical effects (e.g. inundation, water availability, precipitation, storms, storm surges, floods) of climate change through numerical modelling of hydrological problems and processing of observed and modelled output from relevant databases within climate, hydrology and socio-economy.
- Providing the physical science basis for socio-economic analyses on climate change adaptation and mitigation in close collaboration with colleagues at DTU and collaborating institutions.
- The key research areas are climate and hydrological modelling as well as comprehensive data processing in support of climate change studies, in particular related to hydrology and water resources management, the water-energy nexus, and climate services.
- Publishing in high-ranking peer-reviewed academic journals.
- Management and coordination of research projects.
- Engagement with Danish and international stakeholders.
- Development of research funding proposals.
- Participation in teaching activities.
Candidates must hold a PhD degree or similar in physical geography, geophysics or similar degree with a focus on hydrological modelling and climate projections.
The successful candidate will have documented skills and, where applicable, a strong record in terms of scientific publications within the following areas:
- Numerical geoscience modelling within hydrology (catchment scale and pluvial/fluvial flooding) and climate (regional extent) using state-of-the-art hydrological and regional climate models.
- Ability to work independently and in groups within scientific research, publication of results in peer-reviewed journals, presentations and teaching.
- Experience in processing large data sets and common file formats within hydrology and climate (netCDF) as well as statistical analyses using relevant software.
- Experience with linking physical science aspects to socio-economic impact and adaptation studies.
- Experience with studies of the dynamical relationship between climate and hydrology and the water-energy nexus.
- Experience in writing collaborative research funding applications.
Since the position is linked to a number of Danish and Nordic projects with an extensive involvement of stakeholders and practitioners, proficiency in Danish or one of the Nordic languages (Swedish, Norwegian) will be considered an asset.
In the assessment of the candidates consideration will be given to:
- scientific production and research potential at international level
- innovative skills and the ability to generate new ideas
- the ability to communicate at all levels such as the provision of scientific advice to public sector authorities
- experience in teaching
- an all-round experience basis, preferably including international experience
- the ability to contribute to development of internal and external cooperation
We offer an interesting and challenging job in an international environment focusing on education, research, scientific advice and innovation, which contribute to enhancing the economy and improving social welfare. We strive for academic excellence, collegial respect and freedom tempered by responsibility. The Technical University of Denmark (DTU) is a leading technical university in northern Europe and benchmarks with the best universities in the world.
Salary and terms of employment
The appointment will be based on the collective agreement with the Confederation of Professional Associations. The allowance will be agreed with the relevant union.
The position as researcher is a position as part of which the employee after a maximum of 4 years transfers to a position as senior researcher provided that the employee is recommended for assessment and is deemed qualified. More information can be found here: Career paths at DTU .
The place of work is Systems Analysis Division, DTU Management Engineering, Produktionstorvet, Building 426, 2800 Kgs. Lyngby, Denmark.
Further information may be obtained from Senior Researcher Martin Drews, firstname.lastname@example.org or Group Leader Simon Bolwig, email@example.com .
You can read more about CCSD and Systems Analysis here: www.sys.man.dtu.dk/research .
Please submit your online application no later than 11 July 2017. Applications must be submitted as one PDF file containing all materials to be given consideration. To apply, please open the link "Apply online," fill in the online application form, and attach all your materials in English in one PDF file. The file must include:
- Application (cover letter)
- Diploma (MSc/PhD)
- H-index, and ORCID (see e.g. http://orcid.org/ )
- List of publications
Applications and enclosures received after the deadline will not be considered.
All interested candidates irrespective of age, gender, disability, race, religion or ethnic background are encouraged to apply.
DTU is a technical university providing internationally leading research, education, innovation and scientific advice. Our staff of 5,800 advance science and technology to create innovative solutions that meet the demands of society; and our 10,600 students are being educated to address the technological challenges of the future. DTU is an independent academic university collaborating globally with business, industry, government, and public agencies.
Postdoctoral Research Associate, Indiana University Northwest, United States, about 18 hours ago
Postdoctoral Research Associate – Watershed Hydrologic Modeling The Department of Geography at Indiana University – Bloomington is seeking applicants for a postdoctoral position in watershed model...
Lecturer In Climate Science (Atr1369), University of East Anglia, Norwich, United Kingdom, 2 days ago
£41,212 to £47,722 per annum. The Faculty of Science at UEA conducts quality interdisciplinary research that has fostered a deservedly excellent international reputation. Within the Faculty, the S...
Professor Wsr In Urban Resilience, Syddansk University, Netherlands, 4 days ago
SDU Civil and Architectural Engineering (CAE) invites applications for a vacant position as Professor WSR (With Special Responsibilities) in Urban Resilience. We are recruiting word-class research...
Assistant Professor, Geology (Earth Surface Processes), University of Nevada, Reno, United States, 1 day ago
Position Information Position Information Job Title Assistant Professor, Geology (Earth Surface Processes) Department Geological Sciences & Engineering Department Web Address http://www.unr.edu/ge...
Assistant Professor Science, Technology, And Environmental Policy, Humphrey School Of Public Affairs, National Institutes of Health, United States, about 2 hours ago
Position Description: The Humphrey School of Public Affairs is committed to academic excellence and diversity within the faculty, staff, and student body. The School inspires, educates, and suppor...
Tenure Track Assistant Professor: Environmental Sciences, Soil And Water (1,0 Fte), Utrecht University, Netherlands, about 5 hours ago
Tenure track - Assistant Professor: Environmental Sciences, soil and water (1,0 fte) Functie The Copernicus Institute of Sustainable Development at Utrecht University invites applications for a te...