The Faculty of Law, University of Copenhagen, is seeking applications for one part-time research assistant or postdoc. The positions are part of the ERC Human Rights Nudge Project.
The position (which is part time at 50% FTE) is available from 1 September 2021 for a duration of 36 months, though applications for full time and reduced duration will also be considered.
The position is part of the ERC research project “Human Rights Nudge”, which is a project hosted by the Center of Excellence for International Courts (iCourts), that seeks to understand how and when state change their behaviour in the area of human rights. It applies quantitative analysis and behavioural economics to the analysis of how states comply with decisions of the European Court of Human Rights. The team will build on insights from behavioural economics, psychology, and social sciences to come up with new solutions which governments, communities and even individuals can employ in the future. Our main purpose is to establish how we can deter and minimise violations of human rights in the future.
Read more about Human Rights Nudge here: www.humanrightsnudge.com
About the position
The agent-based modeller will be part of the HR Nudge Team. The goal of the position will be:
- to develop an agent-based model of state behaviour, based on the quantitative and qualitative information collected by members of the team, which includes both international and domestic behavioural data.
- to develop and simulate realistic scenarios relating to compliance of states with international obligations including exploring behavioural change, policy interventions etc
- The assistant or postdoc will work closely with other members of the team and will meet regularly with the team.
- Generate and pursue independent and original research ideas within the context of the HRNUDGE project.
- Participate in publication in leading international journals and disseminate research results to different audiences.
Applicants are encouraged to familiarize themselves with the faculty's research areas and education programmes by visiting the Faculty’s website: www.jura.ku.dk .
The Faculty actively supports the effort to learn Danish.
For a research assistant position, the post requires a Master’s degree. We are open to degrees in different subjects, including Computer Science, Geography, Mathematics, Social Science and other technical discipline, with a significant component of programming and/or data science. For a postdoctoral position, the position requires academic qualifications PhD, JSD or equivalent degree in the same areas as for the research assistant position.
In addition, experience in computer modelling, understanding and knowledge of programming language appropriate for the development of agent-based models (R, Python etc), as well as deep understanding of statistical methods. Previous experience with agent-based modelling desired. Previous experience working in the legal/social sciences domain and as part of a team is considered an asset.
All applicants are expected to be able to use English as the working language (written and spoken). Successful candidates will demonstrate a clear potential to deliver high quality peer-reviewed research publications.
In the overall assessment, emphasis will be placed on the applicant’s research potential. Special emphasis will be placed on the applicant’s ambition to develop and implement new research ideas, which may have an international impact. Furthermore, the Faculty places emphasis on the applicant’s interest and preferably, prior experience, in working with other researchers to conduct collective research and teaching activities and welcomes the applicant’s proven ability to make a valuable contribution in this regard.
Salary and terms of employment
The appointment is made in accordance with the agreement between the Danish Ministry of Finance and the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations (Akademikernes Centralorganisation, AC). In addition to the basic salary you will receive an annual supplement per month and a total contribution to your pension fund equal 17,1 % of your salary and annual supplement is paid.
For further information, please see ‘Job Structure for Academic Staff at Universities 2019’ and ‘Guide to appointment of permanent academic staff at the Faculty of Law’ . Both documents are available on the Faculty’s website.
Please specify in your application, which position you are applying for. The application must be written in English and include the following enclosures:
- Application letter/cover letter (max 1 page)
- Curriculum vitae
- Documentation of qualifications (Master’s diploma, PhD diploma or JSD diploma.).
- Research project (for postdoc position only) Applications should include a proposal for a research project to be completed during the post-doctoral period. Proposals should be no more than four pages long. The proposal should demonstrate the capacity to develop a postdoctoral project, identifying the relevant methodological tools to achieve the outlined project.
- Publication list (for postdoc position only)
- Academic references, if available (please upload under “other relevant material”)
- A maximum of five (5) scientific publications that the applicant wishes to have included in the assessment, of which no more than one (1) may be a monograph. Applicants, who have written a PhD or JSD thesis or equivalent, must always submit the complete thesis (if the thesis is written in Danish, English, Swedish or Norwegian) and the written assessment of the thesis as a part of submitted publications (for postdoc position only)
- If citing work where the applicant has been a co-author, a co-author declaration, which addresses the applicant's share of these works, must be submitted. Material that has not yet been published can be submitted. However, please indicate if this is the case. (for postdoc position only)
Upload the letter of motivation, appendices electronically using the link below. We advise you to have the above mentioned documents ready before you begin to fill out your online application, and it is essential that all required documents are enclosed.
Applicants will be kept informed about the process of the application procedure on a regular basis via email.
Following the application deadline, the Associate Dean of Research selects applicants for assessment on the advice of the Appointment Committee. Applicants are selected on the basis of an overall assessment of the applicants that best match the recruitment needs of the Faculty as described in this advertisement for the post. All applicants are then immediately notified whether their application has been passed for assessment by an expert Assessment Committee. Selected applicants are notified of the composition of the committee and when the committee has completed its assessment, each applicant has the opportunity to comment on the part of the assessment that relates to the applicants themselves.
University of Copenhagen wishes to reflect the surrounding society and therefore encourages all interested parties regardless of personal background to apply for the position.
Questions about project is available from Dr Veronika Fikfak, email@example.com .
Further information about the recruitment process is available from Lotte Strandberg, HR, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org . Please refer to ID number #1 211-0764/21-2I.
The application deadline is 13 June 2021, 23:59 GMT+1.
Applications received after the deadline has expired will not be accepted.
If your application does not include all the required supporting documents your application can be rejected.
Postdoctoral Position In Digital Media/Communication And/Or Digital Culture/Humanities, University of Copenhagen, Denmark, 1 day ago
The Department of Communication, Faculty of Humanities, University of Copenhagen (UCPH), Denmark, invites applications for a postdoctoral position in digital media/communication and/or digital cul...
Postdoc Or Research Assistant In Clinical Translational Metabolism, University of Copenhagen, Denmark, 1 day ago
The University of Copenhagen is seeking a highly motivated and talented postdoctoral fellow or research assistant to commence 15 October 2021 at the Department of Biomedical Sciences, Faculty of H...
Postdoc/Research Assistant In Smart Living Environments At The Department Of Public Health, University of Copenhagen, Denmark, 1 day ago
Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences University of Copenhagen We are looking for two highly motivated and dynamic researchers to commence on 1 October 2021 and ending by 31 December 2023. You wi...
3 Year Postdoc Position On Erc Project On Siblings' Intergenerational Social Class Mobility', University of Copenhagen, Denmark, 1 day ago
The Department of Sociology, Faculty of Social Sciences, University of Copenhagen invites applications for a three-year fixed-term postdoc position starting on 1 February 2022 or as soon as possib...
Postdoctoral Fellowship On Phase Separation In Amyloid Protein Systems, University of Copenhagen, Denmark, 1 day ago
Department of Pharmacy - Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences -University of Copenhagen A two-year postdoctoral fellowship on liquid-liquid phase separation in amyloid systems is available from ...
Postdoc In Aptamer Development, Aarhus University, Denmark, 28 days ago
The Interdisciplinary Nanoscience Center (INANO), Aarhus University, invites applications for a 2-year postdoc position focused on developing antiviral RNA aptamers and applying them to therapeuti...