Copenhagen Business School invites applications for a Professorship in Organizing and Innovation in Healthcare Management at the Department of Organization (IOA).
The department wishes to develop a research area in organizing and innovation in healthcare management. This includes expertise in organization theory, organizational change and innovation, management of professions, and change management.
In announcing the position, the department wishes to strengthen organizing and innovation in a organizational context such as healthcare as a field of interest at the department. We seek candidates that would be excited to develop the following areas: 1) Research in organizing and innovation; 2) Collaboration and outreach regarding organizing and innovation in accordance with CBS’s transforming society with business strategy; 3) Teaching organizing and innovation at all levels, including executive education programs.
Examples of research areas that the Professor might cover:
- Organizing and innovation processes in the context of healthcare management
- Relationship between people and micro-organizing processes
- Ethnographic and narrative approaches to studying organizations
The Department of Organization (IOA) pursues a problem-oriented, business in society approach to understanding and intervening in organizations and organizational life. Our research is focused upon organizing processes and their outcomes and driven by an interest in organization and management as a practical, situated, contested, and changing matter. Our approach is interdisciplinary and combines social-scientific traditions such as organization theory, sociology, ethnography, political economy, and social psychology. Methodologically, our research is predominantly qualitative and often involves case study and fieldwork methodology.
Applicants must have a distinguished international profile and a proven track record of excellent scholarship in organizational research, including significant contributions to organization and management theory of relevance to the study of impact in an organizational context. In addition, the qualified applicant should demonstrate a commitment to enhance the impact of organizational and management research that contributes to, and extends, the department’s positioning in this area.
To fulfil the research requirements of the position, the qualified applicant is expected to be physically present on a regular basis, to actively participate in the research activities of the department, and to establish and maintain broad links across CBS.
Full professors are expected to take part in academic leadership responsibilities for the department and its contribution to CBS, to contribute to building a productive and constructive environment, and to actively promote research integrity in accordance with the Danish Code of Conduct for Research Integrity .
- Teaching and associated examination in existing CBS programs, including Executive Education
- Individual and group-based research meeting high international standards
- Promoting CBS’s academic reputation internationally
- Initiating, fund raising and coordinating research projects
- Promoting the teaching and research capabilities of Copenhagen Business School and other relevant assignments at Copenhagen Business School
- Contributing to the administrative responsibilities of the Department and to CBS-wide tasks
- Communicating findings to the public in general, and to CBS’s stakeholders in particular, including participating in the public debate
- Research meeting high international standards, including responsibility for the academic development of the relevant discipline
- Responsibility for publishing, scientific communication, and research-based teaching
- Active participation in the regular research activities, such as research seminars, workshops, and conferences.
- Advanced degree in a relevant academic field.
- Documented pedagogical qualifications or other material for the evaluation of your pedagogical level. Please see guidelines for teaching portfolios .
- Documented research production at an international level, including publications in internationally recognized journals in organizational research.
- Editorial experience from a leading organizational journal is an asset.
- Professional proficiency in English (written and spoken).
- Teaching and research experience within the areas of organizational change, institutional change, qualitative research, and organizing for impact.
- Copenhagen Business School has a broad commitment to the excellence, distinctiveness and relevance of its teaching and research programs. Candidates who wish to join us should demonstrate enthusiasm for working in an organization of this type (highlighting, for example, relevant business, educational and dissemination activities).
For further information please contact: Head of Department Carsten Greve, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Information about the department may be found at: www.cbs.dk/en/research/departments-and-centres/department-of-organization
Appointment and salary will be in accordance with the Ministry of Finance’s agreement with the Central Academic Organization.
Application must be sent via the electronic recruitment system, using the link below.
Application must include:
1. A statement of application.
2. Proof of qualifications and a full CV.
3. Documentation of relevant, significant, original research at an international level, including publications in the field’s internationally recognized journals and citations in the Social Science Citation Index and/or Google Scholar.
4. Documentation of teaching qualifications or other material for the evaluation of your pedagogical level.
5. Information indicating experience in research management, industry co-operation and international co-operation.
6. A complete, numbered list of publications (indicating titles, co-authors, page numbers and year) with an * marking of the academic productions to be considered during the review. A maximum of 10 publications for review are allowed. Applicants are requested to priorities their publications in relation to the field of this job advertisement.
7. Copies of the publications marked with an *. Only publications written in English (or another specified principal language, according to research tradition) or one of the Scandinavian languages will be taken into consideration).
The recruitment committee shortlists minimum two applicants; when possible, five or more applicants will be shortlisted. The shortlisted applicants will be assessed by the Assessment Committee. All applicants will be notified of their status in the recruitment process shortly after the application deadline.
The applicants selected for assessment will be notified about the composition of the Assessment Committee and later in the process about the result of the assessment.
Once the recruitment process is completed, each applicant will be notified of the outcome of their application.
Copenhagen Business School must receive all application material, including all appendices (see items above), by the application deadline.
Copenhagen Business School invites all qualified candidates to apply for the position. An appointment committee will review the applications and invite a selection of qualified candidates to an interview.
One of CBS’ strategic goals is the promotion of diversity, which is why every effort has been made to ensure a recruitment process that reduces potential bias. Applicants are therefore encouraged not to include a photo or unnecessary personal information in their application.
Details about Copenhagen Business School and the department are available at www.cbs.dk .
Closing date: June 15, 2023
Closing date: 15 June 2023.
CBS is a globally recognised business school with deep roots in the Nordic socio-economic model. We have a broad focus on business and societal challenges of the 21st century. As such we have a full portfolio of high-quality disciplinary and interdisciplinary research and education that has equipped generations of professionals and leaders in the private sector and beyond.
Located at Frederiksberg, Denmark, the school has approx. 21.000 full and part-time students, 760 full-time faculty members, 210 PhD students and 680 administrative staff, and a full portfolio of Bachelor, Master’s, MBA/EMBA, PhD and Executive programmes delivered in English and Danish.
Our global profile carries the obligation to develop the transformational capabilities of students, graduates and business leaders via our educational activities and opportunities for lifelong learning. Complex challenges call for joint action, and therefore our strategy focuses on strengthening current and starting new partnerships with other sciences, the business community, authorities and civil society.
CBS is working continuously on becoming a diverse and inclusive organization, and we encourage all regardless of gender identity and expression, ethnicity, religious beliefs, LGBT+ status, cultural background etc. to apply.
Reach out to us if you need assistance in the application or recruitment process, if there is something we should know, or if as a person with disability you wish to make use of your preferential access.
Associate Professor Or Professor In Leadership And Organization, COPENHAGEN BUSINESS SCHOOL, Denmark, 17 days ago
2 Sep 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company COPENHAGEN BUSINESS SCHOOL Research Field Management sciences Researcher Profile Leading Researcher (R4) Country Denmark Application Deadline 1 Oct ...
Copenhagen Business School , Copenhagen Business School, Denmark, 17 days ago
4 Sep 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company Copenhagen Business School Department department of accounting Research Field Economics Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) Country Denmar...
(211 0184/23 2 N, 211 0542/23 2 E, 211 0254/23 2 K) Tenure Track Assistant, Associate Or Full Professor In Community Ecology Of Plants And Fungi, University of Copenhagen, Denmark, 2 days ago
15 Sep 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company University of Copenhagen Research Field Biological sciences » Botany Environmental science » Ecology Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) ...
Associate Professor Or Full Professor Of Statistics, University of Copenhagen, Denmark, about 6 hours ago
Associate Professor or Full Professor of Statistics Department of Mathematical Sciences Faculty of Science University of Copenhagen The Department of Mathematical Sciences invites applications for...
(211 0347/23 2 A) Tenure Track Assistant Professor Isotope Geology, University of Copenhagen, Denmark, 2 days ago
15 Sep 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company University of Copenhagen Research Field Geosciences » Geology Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) Country Denmark Application Deadline 26...
(211 0243/23 2 K) Professor Of Past Climate And Life Evolution, University of Copenhagen, Denmark, 6 days ago
14 Sep 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company University of Copenhagen Research Field Geosciences » Geology Researcher Profile Established Researcher (R3) Country Denmark Application Deadline 8...