Copenhagen Business School invites applications for a Professorship in Organization and Impact at the Department of Organization (IOA).
In announcing a position in organization and impact, the department wishes to develop a research area on impact as it unfolds in an organizational context. Impact is broadly defined to include conceptions of responsibility and other pro-social institutionally driven demands. We seek candidates with 1) an established research program in examining organizational responses to evolving institutional demands for impact, 2) expertise in qualitative research methods that allow for the processual, bottom-up study of how impact manifests and unfolds in organizations and fields, 3) proven ability to strengthen collaboration and outreach with a variety of organizations (corporations, government agencies, regulators, ngos, etc.) regarding the evolving meaning, practice, and measurement of impact, and 4) qualifications to teach in the areas of organizational change, institutional change, and organizing for impact in bachelor, master, PhD, and executive programs.
Examples of research areas that the position might cover include:
· Organizational change processes related to impact
· Field level change processes shaping demands for impact
· Professions and work relevant to impact
· Impact as a set of meanings and practices
The Department of Organization (IOA) pursues a problem-oriented, business in society approach to understanding and intervening in organizations and organizational life. Our research is focused upon organizing processes and their outcomes and driven by an interest in organization and management as a practical, situated, contested, and changing matter. Our approach is interdisciplinary and combines social-scientific traditions such as organization theory, sociology, ethnography, political economy, and social psychology. Methodologically, our research is predominantly qualitative and often involves case study and fieldwork methodology.
Applicants must have a distinguished international profile and a proven track record of excellent scholarship in organizational research, including significant contributions to organization and management theory of relevance to the study of impact in an organizational context. In addition, the qualified applicant should demonstrate a commitment to enhance the impact of organizational and management research that contributes to, and extends, the department’s positioning in this area.
To fulfil the research requirements of the position, the qualified applicant is expected to be physically present on a regular basis, to actively participate in the research activities of the department, and to establish and maintain broad links across CBS.
Full professors are expected to take part in academic leadership responsibilities for the department and its contribution to CBS, to contribute to building a productive and constructive environment, and to actively promote research integrity in accordance with the Danish Code of Conduct for Research Integrity .
- Teaching and associated examination in existing CBS programs, including Executive Education
- Individual and group-based research meeting high international standards
- Promoting CBS’s academic reputation internationally
- Initiating, fund raising and coordinating research projects
- Promoting the teaching and research capabilities of Copenhagen Business School and other relevant assignments at Copenhagen Business School
- Contributing to the administrative responsibilities of the Department and to CBS-wide tasks
- Communicating findings to the public in general, and to CBS’s stakeholders in particular, including participating in the public debate
- Research meeting high international standards, including responsibility for the academic development of the relevant discipline
- Responsibility for publishing, scientific communication, and research-based teaching
- Active participation in the regular research activities, such as research seminars, workshops, and conferences.
- Advanced degree in a relevant academic field.
- Documented pedagogical qualifications or other material for the evaluation of your pedagogical level. Please see guidelines for teaching portfolios .
- Documented research production at an international level, including publications in internationally recognized journals in organizational research.
- Editorial experience from a leading organizational journal is an asset.
- Professional proficiency in English (written and spoken).
- Teaching and research experience within the areas of organizational change, institutional change, qualitative research, and organizing for impact.
- Copenhagen Business School has a broad commitment to the excellence, distinctiveness and relevance of its teaching and research programs. Candidates who wish to join us should demonstrate enthusiasm for working in an organization of this type (highlighting, for example, relevant business, educational and dissemination activities).
For further information please contact: Professor Eva Boxenbaum, e-mail eb.ioa@ cbs.dk
Information about the department may be found at: www.cbs.dk/en/research/departments-and-centres/department-of-organization
Appointment and salary will be in accordance with the Ministry of Finance’s agreement with the Central Academic Organization.
Application must be sent via the electronic recruitment system, using the link below.
Application must include:
1. A statement of application.
2. Proof of qualifications and a full CV.
3. Documentation of relevant, significant, original research at an international level, including publications in the field’s internationally recognized journals and citations in the Social Science Citation Index and/or Google Scholar.
4. Documentation of teaching qualifications or other material for the evaluation of your pedagogical level.
5. Information indicating experience in research management, industry co-operation and international co-operation.
6. A complete, numbered list of publications (indicating titles, co-authors, page numbers and year) with an * marking of the academic productions to be considered during the review. A maximum of 10 publications for review are allowed. Applicants are requested to priorities their publications in relation to the field of this job advertisement.
7. Copies of the publications marked with an *. Only publications written in English (or another specified principal language, according to research tradition) or one of the Scandinavian languages will be taken into consideration).
The recruitment committee shortlists minimum two applicants; when possible, five or more applicants will be shortlisted. The shortlisted applicants will be assessed by the Assessment Committee. All applicants will be notified of their status in the recruitment process shortly after the application deadline.
The applicants selected for assessment will be notified about the composition of the Assessment Committee and later in the process about the result of the assessment.
Once the recruitment process is completed, each applicant will be notified of the outcome of their application.
Copenhagen Business School must receive all application material, including all appendices (see items above), by the application deadline.
Copenhagen Business School invites all qualified candidates to apply for the position. An appointment committee will review the applications and invite a selection of qualified candidates to an interview.
One of CBS’ strategic goals is the promotion of diversity, which is why every effort has been made to ensure a recruitment process that reduces potential bias. Applicants are therefore encouraged not to include a photo or unnecessary personal information in their application.
Details about Copenhagen Business School and the department are available at www.cbs.dk .
Closing date: 31 May 2023.
CBS is a globally recognised business school with deep roots in the Nordic socio-economic model. We have a broad focus on business and societal challenges of the 21st century. As such we have a full portfolio of high-quality disciplinary and interdisciplinary research and education that has equipped generations of professionals and leaders in the private sector and beyond.
Located at Frederiksberg, Denmark, the school has approx. 21.000 full and part-time students, 760 full-time faculty members, 210 PhD students and 680 administrative staff, and a full portfolio of Bachelor, Master’s, MBA/EMBA, PhD and Executive programmes delivered in English and Danish.
Our global profile carries the obligation to develop the transformational capabilities of students, graduates and business leaders via our educational activities and opportunities for lifelong learning. Complex challenges call for joint action, and therefore our strategy focuses on strengthening current and starting new partnerships with other sciences, the business community, authorities and civil society.
CBS is working continuously on becoming a diverse and inclusive organization, and we encourage all regardless of gender identity and expression, ethnicity, religious beliefs, LGBT+ status, cultural background etc. to apply.
Reach out to us if you need assistance in the application or recruitment process, if there is something we should know, or if as a person with disability you wish to make use of your preferential access.
Postdoc/Assistant Professor In Organization Theory And Impact Of Funding, Copenhagen Business School, Denmark, 2 days ago
1 Jun 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company Copenhagen Business School Department Department of Organization Research Field Economics Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) Country Denm...
211 0512/23 2 E Associate Professor Of Medical Image Analysis, University of Copenhagen, Denmark, 25 days ago
10 May 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company University of Copenhagen Department Department of Computer Science Research Field Communication sciences » Other Researcher Profile Recognised Rese...
159293 Associate Professor Of Parasitology And Disease Ecology, University of Copenhagen, Denmark, 12 days ago
23 May 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company University of Copenhagen Department Department of Veterinary and Animal Sciences Research Field Medical sciences » Veterinary medicine Researcher P...
Irc245205, University of Technology Sydney, Australia, 5 days ago
Our vision is to be a leading public university of technology recognised for our global impact. We are a dynamic and innovative university, ranked by the Times Higher Education as Australia’s top ...
Two Assistant Professor Of Cancer Biology At Biotech Research, University of Copenhagen, Denmark, about 19 hours ago
Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences University of Copenhagen We are seeking two Assistant Professors for 2-year positions starting 1 September 2023 to explore experimental approaches to discove...
159165 Associate Professor Of Infection Immunology (25%), University of Copenhagen, Denmark, about 19 hours ago
Associate Professor of Infection Immunology (25%) Department of Immunology and Microbiology Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences University of Copenhagen The University seeks to appoint an assoc...