The Department of Clinical Medicine at Faculty of Health at Aarhus University invites applications for a 13 hours per week position as Professor in the field of Medical research management and research process development as per 1 March 2024 or as soon as possible thereafter.
Department of Clinical Medicine
As a professor at the Department of Clinical Medicine, you will be part of what is probably the largest health science research department in Denmark. Our clinical research covers all the medical specialities and takes place in close collaboration with the university hospital and the regional hospitals in the Central Denmark Region. The department has overall responsibility for the Master's degree programs in medicine and in molecular medicine. At the department we are approx. 670 academic employees, 500 PhD students and 160 technical/administrative employees who are cooperating across disciplines. As a professor, you will be working at Aarhus University Hospital or another hospital in the Central Denmark Region. You can read more about the departmenthere
and about the facultyhere .
Your job responsibilities
As Professor of Research managementdevelopment
, you will have joint responsibility for the development of the department's research and teaching environment, and you will contribute to the implementation of the faculty's overall research strategy. You are expected to contribute – both individually and in collaboration with others – to the development of the department by research of high international quality and contributing to ensuring a high academic and didactic standard in teaching. Qua your professional collaborative skills and a broad academic network, you contribute to the academic development at Aarhus University and to the university’s profile both nationally and internationally.
Your main tasks will consist of:
- Research of high international quality, including publication in high impact international journals and communicating your research in national and international academic networks.
- To contribute to the funding of your own research group with the help of external research funding.
- Supervision of PhD students and contributing to the development of the faculty's PhD courses.
- To some extent, assessment and committee work at Aarhus University.
- Research-based collaboration with private and public-sector stakeholders as well as research-based consultancy.
- Dissemination of your research to the outside world.
- To develop and train research management skills at Aarhus University and at Aarhus University Hospital.
- To develop competences among the scientific staff at Aarhus University and Aarhus university hospital with the purpose of developing and optimizing the research process from project planning, grant writing, staff management to scientific writing and reporting.
- To catalyze interdisciplinary research and further collaborative research projects at the University and Hospitals
- To provide assistance and mentorship as well as scientific advice to academic researchers at the Faculty of Health.
You will report to the Head of Department of Clinical Medicin, Jørgen Frøkiær.
You have documented experience within high level international medical research, and you have established yourself as a prominent researcher with at least one stay or employment with internationally recognised research institutions. You possess documented solid research and teaching qualifications at a high international level. You have broad international cooperative partnerships and great experience of research partnerships with private and public-sector stakeholders. You have also a documented ability to attract significant research funding from national and international funding bodies. This should include several EU grants as well as experience as PI and coordinator of grants from the EU. You hold years of experience with evaluation of grant proposals, such as memberships of scientific councils, scientific committees and work as external evaluator in Denmark and abroad, Scholarship within the area of scientific management should be documented in terms of own leader experience as well as experience from arranging courses and seminars in research management.
You should document reach out to the academic community within the area of research management, in terms of book publications in danish and english language.
As a person, you are a team-oriented and motivational leader who inspires other researchers and builds trusting relationships with students, colleagues and partners. You are expected to have years long experience with management of research groups at hospital departments.
As a lecturer you communicate the newest and relevant knowledge in a committed, clear and comprehensible manner. As a supervisor you are skilled, inspiring, inclusive and responsible. You should document experience as founder and leader of research schools.
You are ready to take co-responsibility for the development of the department's research and education at the highest international level and for ensuring that we maintain a good work environment. You naturally involve yourself in interdisciplinary collaboration at departmental, faculty and university level as well as nationally and internationally.
We expect you to be fluent in oral and written English. International applicants are expected to learn Danish, and Aarhus University arranges Danish teaching.
In order to be assessed as qualified for a Professor position, you must meet these academic criteria .
Questions about the position
If you have any questions about the position, please contact Head of Department Jørgen Frøkiær tel.: (+45) 20 23 45 27.
Your place of work will be the Department of Clinical Medicine, various locations.
We expect to conduct interviews December 2023.
Terms of employment
- In making the appointment, emphasis will be placed on a high degree of original production at an internal level and experience from teaching at different levels as well as contributions to the development of teaching activities and teaching material, hereby documenting that the applicant has developed the academic discipline from a research and teaching perspective.
- Moreover, there will be an assessment of the applicant’s ability to perform research and teaching management tasks.
- Further information on the appointment procedure can be found in the Ministerial Order on the Appointment of Academic Staff at Universities .
- The appointment is in accordance with the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations (Akademikerne).
- Remuneration is in accordance with the above, and the Salary agreement catalogue for staff at Health .
- The yearly base salary for a fulltime professor is DKK 794.821,53 (including a position related supplement, a pre-agreed professor supplement and pension (17.1%)). Additional supplement(s) can be negotiated dependent on experience, special qualifications and performance of special functions. Professors have the authority to negotiate pay on their own behalf.
- Researchers recruited from abroad are offered a special researcher tax scheme with a lower tax rate.
- Travel and moving expenses may be covered according to the employee in question and, to a limited extent, the accompanying family.
- Further information on qualification requirements and job description can be found in the Ministerial Order on Job Structure for Academic Staff at Universities .
Your application must include the following:
- Motivated application
- Curriculum Vitae
- Template for applicant - professor
- A list of publications
- A teaching portfolio. We refer to Guideline on the use of teaching portfolios
- The ten publications stated as the most important in the 'Template for applicant - professor' must be submitted
- Research plan, which is part of the 'Template to applicant - professor' can be uploaded separately (optional)
- Coauthor statement(s) can be uploaded (optional)
- References/recommendations can be uploaded separately in the e-recruitment system (optional)
We refer to the faculty’sGuidelines for applicants
The assessment committee may decide to include non-submitted material in its statement. In such cases, you will be informed and obliged to submit material, unless your application is withdrawn.
Aarhus University’s ambition is to be an attractive and inspiring workplace for all and to foster a culture in which each individual has opportunities to thrive, achieve and develop. We view equality and diversity as assets, and we welcome all applicants.
Letter of reference
If you want a referee to upload a letter of reference on your behalf, please state the referee’s contact information when you submit your application. We strongly recommend that you make an agreement with the person in question before you enter the referee’s contact information, and that you ensure that the referee has enough time to write the letter of reference before the application deadline.
Unfortunately, it is not possible to ensure that letters of reference received after the application deadline will be taken into consideration.
Aarhus University offers a broad variety of services for international researchers and accompanying families, including assistance with relocation and career counselling to expat partners. Please find more information about the International Staff Office and the range of serviceshere
The application must be submitted via Aarhus University’s recruitment system, which can be accessed under the job advertisement on Aarhus University's website.
Postdoc In Molecular Microbial Ecology And Environmental Risk Evaluation, Aarhus University, Denmark, 22 days ago
6 Feb 2024 Job Information Organisation/Company Aarhus University Research Field Biological sciences Biological sciences » Biology Computer science Environmental science Environmental science Biol...
Special Consultant/Academic Staff For International Project Management And Science Based Policy Advice For Dca – Danish Centre For Food And Agriculture, Aarhus University, Denmark, 12 days ago
16 Feb 2024 Job Information Organisation/Company Aarhus University Research Field Management sciences » Other Researcher Profile First Stage Researcher (R1) Country Denmark Application Deadline 27...
Ac Support Staff In Quantum Computing With Possibility Of Research Time At Danish Universities (3 Year Position) Dei C, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, about 9 hours ago
Skip to main content. Profile Sign Out View More Jobs AC-Support staff in Quantum Computing with possibility of research time at Danish universities (3 year position) - DeiC Denmark Be the First t...
Dias Assistant Professor Of Humanities, SYDDANSK UNIVERSITET, Denmark, 23 days ago
3 Feb 2024 Job Information Organisation/Company SYDDANSK UNIVERSITET Research Field Educational sciences Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) First Stage Researcher (R1) Country Denmark A...
Professor In Pharmaceutical Radiochemistry Dtu Health Tech, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, 20 days ago
Skip to main content. Profile Sign Out View More Jobs Professor in Pharmaceutical Radiochemistry - DTU Health Tech Kgs. Lyngby, Denmark Be the First to Apply Job Description The Department of Heal...
Professor In Place Based Computing – Dtu Compute, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, 15 days ago
Skip to main content. Profile Sign Out View More Jobs Professor in Place-Based Computing – DTU Compute Kgs. Lyngby, Denmark Be the First to Apply Job Description We seek a professor in Place-Based...