Apply no later than 30 June 2017
Apply for the job at Technical University of Denmark by completing the following form.
DTU Diplom invites applications for a position as Professor in Civil Engineering.
DTU Diplom is a department with the overall mission of performing practice-oriented teaching to the Bachelor of Engineering programme at DTU and innovation through extensive collaboration with industry.
The professor will be attached to the section for Building and Civil Engineering, one of the six sections comprising the Department employing 120 persons including presently a faculty of 70. The 17 educational programmes in the Department are focused on Cross disciplinary and innovative methods and based on the CDIO framework.
The Section for Civil Engineering contributes to high-level education and innovation within Construction, Energy and Installations, Project Management, Sustainability and Infrastructure.
Responsibilities and tasks
The position involves education and management and development of the department’s innovation portfolio. Focus must be on the following fields: Innovative construction and renovation.
In addition, assignments include:
- teaching and development of courses and specializations within the field of building and civil engineering based on the latest knowledge and research results with special focus on contemporary teaching methods. Courses are taught in Danish. Non-Danish speakers are not disqualified for the role, but will be trained in Danish in order to participate in teaching on all levels.
- development of collaborative partnerships with the industry in regards to innovation projects.
- maintain and develop collaboration with other departments on DTU, where especially DTU Civil Engineering is a close and treasured collaborator for the section
- professional leadership of the sections innovative initiatives
- upgrading and continuous development of first class contemporary lab- and student facilities targeted towards the civil engineering field
- pedagogical guidance and supervision of assistant professors
- academic assessment work
The position involves responsibility for a broad collaboration internally and externally with research groups, heads of departments, study programme coordinators, prominent teachers, and relevant administrative units. Collaboration with external partners include industrial and university partners, and key stakeholders should develop and strengthen project and innovation collaboration, and secure exchanging knowledge with society
The successful candidate is expected to take a lead position in both teaching and innovative projects.
Emphasis is placed on applicants having the potential to develop the subject area and having documented original scientific production at international level. The qualification requirements are:
- documented and successful education experience at different levels within the university’s study programmes on all levels.
- significant input in the field of teaching in several of the following areas: establishment of new courses, renewal of teaching activities, preparation of teaching materials, supplementary pedagogical training as well as publications in international teaching journals.
- significant input in the field of education in several of the following fields: planning and implementation of study programmes, evaluation of study programmes, undertaking of management duties for study programmes, supplementary training in didactics, active participation in both national and international education fora, publications in international education journals.
- significant experience from industry within building and renovation in both Danish and international context with a variety of complex buildings.
In the assessment of the candidates, consideration will be given to
- the ability to teach
- experience with innovation activities
- an all-round experience basis, including international experience
- the ability to contribute to the development of the Department’s internal and external cooperation
Consideration will also be given to:
- Professional experience in several of the following fields: Construction materials, renovation, structural engineering, structural analysis
- Extensive experience with development of construction projects in collaboration with innovative companies
- Extensive network with companies within the Danish Construction Industry
- Documented Experience with successful programme and course development and implementation within the CDIO framework
- Potential in developing a department culture, where innovation projects is a treasured part of the job
The appointment will be based on the collective agreement with the Confederation of Professional Associations. The allowance will be agreed with the relevant union.
Further information may be obtained from Head of Department Lars Christoffersen, +45 3588 5031.
You can read more about DTU Diplom at http://www.diplom.dtu.dk/english
Please submit your online application no later than 30 June 2017.
Applications must be submitted as one PDF file containing all materials to be given consideration. To apply, please open the link ‘Apply online’, fill in the online application form, and attach all your materials in English in one PDF file. The file must include:
- Application (cover letter) addressed to the President
- Diploma (MSc/PhD)
- List of publications indicating scientific highlights
- H-index, and ORCID (see e.g. http://orcid.org/ )
- Documentation for teaching experience (e.g. in the form of a teaching portfolio)
- A plan for future research
All interested candidates irrespective of age, gender, disability, race, religion or ethnic background are encouraged to apply.
DTU is a technical university providing internationally leading research, education, innovation, and scientific advice. Our staff of 5,800 advance science and technology to create innovative solutions that meet the demands of society; and our 10,600 students are being educated to address the technological challenges of the future. DTU is an independent academic university collaborating globally with business, industry, government, and public agencies.
Teaching Associate, Senior Teaching Associate Or Teaching Fellow In Civil Engineering: Structures Or Geology, University of Bristol, United Kingdom, about 15 hours ago
The Queen’s School of Engineering is seeking to appoint up to 2.0 FTE of either a Teaching Associate, Senior Teaching Associate or Teaching Fellow in either Structure or Geology to be based within...
Uowd5807 Associate Professor In Civil Engineering, University of Wollongong Dubai, UAE, about 6 hours ago
UOWD is seeking a PhD qualified and experienced academic in the area of Civil Engineering. The post is offered at an Associate Professor Grade. The aim of the post is to lead the academic, scholar...
Content Developer (Physics), Singapore Institute of Technology, Singapore, about 2 hours ago
SIT is looking for Content Developer (Physics) who will be reporting to the Director for Centre for Learning Environment and Assessment Development (CoLEAD). Key Responsibilities Design and create...
Tenured & Tenure Track Position In Sustainable And Healthy Communities, University of Alberta, Canada, about 17 hours ago
The Nasseri School of Building Science and Engineering was established in 2014 within the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering to build a world class educational and research program ...
Tenured & Tenure Track Position, Masonry Contractors Association Of Alberta (Mcaa) Endowed Chair In Masonry Structures, University of Alberta, Canada, about 17 hours ago
The Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering at the University of Alberta seeks a distinguished scholar to fill a tenured/tenure track position for a three-year appointment as the Masonry...
Researcher In Unmanned Aircraft (Uas) Design For High Performance And Demonstrator Applications, Technische Universität München, Germany, about 11 hours ago
09.08.2017, Wissenschaftliches Personal As member of the department of Aerospace Engineering at the Technical University Munich the Institute for Aircraft Design is focusing on aircraft design and...