Department of Psychology, University of Southern Denmark (SDU), is advertising a part-time and time-limited professorship in cardiac psychology – the interface between psychology and cardiology – starting April 1, 2021.
The professor will be employed through ESCAPE (Evaluation of a patient-centred biopsychosocial blended collaborative pathway for the treatment of multi-morbid elderly patients), a project that has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 945377.
The project is coordinated by the Head of Department of Psychology at SDU. The periods of employment will be divided in three parts commensurate with the timeline for the tasks and milestones of the project that the candidate will be involved in:
- April 1st to September 30th, 2021 12 hours per week for a 6-month period)
- March 1st to June 30th, 2022 (3.5 hours per week for a 4-month period)
- August 1st to 2023 to July 31st, 2024 (7.5 hours per week for a 12-month period)
The Department of Psychology is embedded in the Faculty of Health Sciences at SDU. During the last 10 years, the department has been developed to form the research basis for the bachelor and master’s degree programs in psychology. We have an uptake of 150 students annually in both the bachelor and master’s programs. At the bachelor level, 50% of the students are admitted via quota 2. The research of the department is primarily divided into the following 5 research groups: See https://www.sdu.dk/en/om_sdu/institutter_centre/institut_psykologi/forskning
Additional information about the department can be obtained via this link: https://www.sdu.dk/en/om_sdu/institutter_centre/institut_psykologi
Profile and tasks
We are looking for a candidate with extensive research and clinical experience in cardiac psychology and collaborative care. The professor will be employed through ESCAPE and compensated by SDU. In close collaboration with a group of psychologists and clinicians, who is part of the international ESCAPE consortium, the candidate will serve as an expert consultant in the development of the contents for the blended collaborative care intervention to be evaluated in ESCAPE, language specific training materials and manuals, and train-the-trainer workshops.
• A dynamic and international workplace that values collaboration and sparring among colleagues
• Continuing education of members of staff
• Flexibility in planning working hours
• A good working environment
WE ARE LOOKING FOR
A highly motivated candidate with the following experience and competences:
• A master’s degree in psychology with a PhD degree
• Pedagogical and didactic competences
• Has supervised PhD students or clinical interns
• Has strong communicative and collaborative skills and ability to build relationships (national and international) and networks
• Has outreach qualifications and has demonstrated strong track record in obtaining external funding
• Has numerous papers in high-quality journals or other high-quality publication channels
• Has an interest in working in an international and interdisciplinary environment
• Has proficiency in spoken and written English
The successful candidate must have:
• A PhD degree or the equivalent in psychology, psychiatry or health sciences
• Strong subject and clinical competencies
• Experience with leading and developing research closely related to the field of cardiac psychology and ESCAPE
• An extensive research track record as evidenced by high-impact publications in the field of expertise
• Solid experience with research collaboration with other researchers
• Experience within international cooperation and exchange
A general assessment criterion for appointment is the possession of interpersonal and cooperative skills as well as the ability and the suitability that are otherwise required to carry out the duties well.
Further information can be obtained by contacting the Head of the Department of Psychology, Professor Susanne S. Pedersen, telephone +45 6550 7992, e-mail email@example.com .
Additional information is available via the links below. The successful applicant will be employed in accordance with the agreement between the Ministry of Finance and AC (the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations).
An independent expert committee will evaluate the application. The assessment will be forwarded to the applicant by the university.
Applications – including the required attachments – must be sent via the below-mentioned link “Apply online". Only online applications will be accepted. Attached files must be Adobe PDF or Word format. Each field in the application form can contain up to max. 10 Mb.
Only applications written in English will be accepted for evaluation.
The application must contain (as pdf.- or docx.-files):
- a motivation letter
- a detailed CV
- degree certificates (inclusive of Ph.D.-diploma)
- a complete and numbered list of publications
- 10 scientific peer-reviewed publications considered by the candidate as most important for this position. Please notice that one pdf.- or docx.-file must be attached for each publication.
- a research plan detailing the candidate’s ideas and plans for her/his future research work.
Applications that are incomplete with regard to the above-mentioned requirements will not be assessed.
Only some applications may be shortlisted.
The University wishes our staff to reflect the diversity of society and thus welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background.
Read the Guidelines for applicants
Assistant / Associate Professor In Innovation And Product Development, University of Southern Denmark, Denmark, about 4 hours ago
Applications are invited for one or more position(s) in innovation and product development at the section for Innovation and Design Engineering, Department of Technology and Innovation, University...
Associate Professor In Life Cycle Engineering, University of Southern Denmark, Denmark, about 4 hours ago
The Department of Green Technology (IGT) at the Faculty of Engineering, University of Southern Denmark (SDU), invites applications for an associate professor position in life cycle engineering, ci...
Associate Professors And/Or Assistant Professors With Software Technology Or Software Engineering..., University of Southern Denmark, Denmark, 28 days ago
The Maersk Mc-Kinney Moller Institute at The University of Southern Denmark in Odense seeks to recruit associate and/or assistant professors with a strong background in Software Technology or Soft...
Lecturer Psychology (Teaching And Research Focused) , University of Birmingham ;, United Kingdom, 26 days ago
Position Details School of Psychology University of Birmingham, Dubai campus Salary: Competitive Grade 8 Full time Permanent Location: Dubai, UAE Closing date: 22 April 2021 Job summary In Septemb...
Postdoctor In Evolutionary Biology, Linköping University, Sweden, 28 days ago
Skilled and committed employees are a crucial factor in the success of Linköping University. And we need more of them. Our core expertise comes from teachers and researchers, but a successful univ...
Professor/Associate Professor In Educational Psychology (Ref 202586), University of Oslo, Norway, 5 days ago
A permanent position is available at the Department of Education for a Professor/Associate Professor in the area of Educational Psychology. We are seeking applicants with a research interest in ed...