Applications are invited for a position of postdoc in the laboratory of DNRF Chair and Novo Nordisk Faculty Professor Vijay Tiwari (https://www.tiwarilab.com/ ) at the Department of Molecular Medicine, SDU, The position is available from April 1, 2023 (or later) and for a period of 2 years with a possibility for prolongation.
The postdoc will lead research on epigenetic regulation of cell-fate specification during development and disease and will support Professor Tiwari in smooth running of the laboratory at various levels. The group employs cutting-edge epigenetics and molecular biology tools in combination with genomics and computational biology approaches to generate comprehensive models of epigenetic regulation of gene expression during embryonic development and its misregulation in disease including neurodevelopmental disorders and cancer.
Department of Molecular Medicine aims to generate new knowledge on the function of the human body and disease mechanisms, thereby contributing to improved human health. The department hosts an interdisciplinary group of experts in neurobiology and cancer biology and is in close proximity to the experts in genomics, proteomics and chromatin biology. Such a promising environment elicits translational collaborations with clinical practice and research toward understanding mechanisms underlying the pathophysiology of various human diseases.
To learn more, please refer to the selected publications from the Tiwari lab:
Nature Cell Biology, 2022, 24, 1265–1277; Genes & Development, 2020, Sep; 34(17-18):1190-1209; Nature, 2019, Mar; 567(7746):113-117; Cell Stem Cell, 2018, Oct 4; 23(4):557; NatureCommunications, 2017 Nov 15;8(1):1523; TheEMBO Journal, 2016 Jan 4;35(1):24-45; J Cell Science, 2015 Dec 1;128(23):4380-94; The EMBO Journal, 2015 Aug 13;34(16):2162-81; Genome Research, 2015 Sep;25(9):1309-24; Nature Communications, 2013, Sep 27; 4:2478; Cancer Cell, 2013, 23, 768-783; PNAS, 2012 Apr 17;109(16): E934-43; Nature Genetics, 2012 Jan; 18;44(1):94-100; Nature, 2011 Dec 14;480(7378):490-5.
- Lead research on investigating gene regulatory mechanisms underlying cell-fate decisions during development and its misregulation in diseases
- Design research projects and support in establishing complex molecular biology protocols
- Perform in vitro and in vivo (animal models) experiments as necessary
- Conduct collaborative research and interact with a broad range of colleagues and researchers
- Support research and development activities within the group
- Support the group leader in everyday routines including training new group members
- Maintain accurate and detailed records of all research activities within the group
- Collaborate with internal and external partners
- Engage in teaching as required
- PhD in molecular biology, neurobiology, epigenetics, biochemistry or developmental biology. Familiarity with bioinformatics will be a plus.
- At least one first-author publication, accepted or submitted
- Strong analytical, organizational, and record-keeping skills
- Proficient computer skills, including MS Office and research software programs
- Interest in working in a multidisciplinary and multicultural team
- Willing to collaborate with internal and external collaborators as well as support group members
- Experience and interest in teaching
- The possibility to engage in high-impact, multidisciplinary research
- A stimulating, diverse and international research environment
- An initial contract for two years, with the possibility of extension for another two years
- Advanced training opportunities
- Highly motivated research team and international collaborations
- Access to state-of-the-art equipment and facilities
- A supportive scientific and social network, including mentoring and career development
- A competitive salary and social benefits (e.g. health coverage, parental leave, social security etc.)
- Support with practical, social, and legal aspects (e.g. housing, visa, tax etc.) through our international staff office (ISO) and the Institute
For further information, please contact Professor Vijay Tiwari at email@example.com
Read more about the post and apply online for the post:
Application deadline: February 19, 2023
Research Fellow, Human Genetics, NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE, United Kingdom, about 13 hours ago
Job Description The successful candidate will work with Dr Liu Boxiang on single-cell sequencing under a project on single-cell sequencing of adipose from type-2 diabetes patients. The main respon...
Postdoctoral Position In Brain Tumor Biology And Cancer Stem Cells , University of Basel, Switzerland, 9 days ago
We offer you A stimulating research environment in an internationally renewed research team. The lab has extensive experience with conditional genetics, lineage tracing and mouse models of glioma....
Postdoctoral Position In Brain Tumor Biology And Cancer Stem Cells, ETH, Switzerland, 10 days ago
Postdoctoral Position in Brain Tumor Biology and Cancer Stem Cells (100%) - available as agreed The Department of Biomedicine of the University of Basel is a leading research institute in Switzerl...
Postdoc Position At The Leibniz Institute For Immunotherapy (Lit) (M/F/D), Leibniz, Germany, 7 days ago
Postdoc position (E13) at the Leibniz Institute for Immunotherapy (LIT) with flexible starting date (m/f/d) The LIT - Leibniz Institute for Immunotherapy (foundation under civil law) (http://www.r...
Research Assistant In Immunology With Advanced Light Microscopy (Temporary Employment), Stockholm University, Sweden, 3 days ago
Ref. No. SU FV-1966-23 at the Department of biochemistry and biophysics . Closing date: 31 May 2023. SciLifeLab (SciLifeLab ) is a national center for molecular biosciences with a focus on health ...
Research Assistant In Immunology With Advanced Light Microscopy (Temporary Employment), SciLifeLab, Sweden, about 18 hours ago
SciLifeLab (SciLifeLab ) is a national center for molecular biosciences with a focus on health and environmental research. The center combines frontline technical expertise with advanced knowledge...