Would you like to become part of the solution towards green energy transition, by helping develop the tools and methods for Life cycle performance modelling? The Structural Integrity and Load assessment (SIL) section at DTU Wind and Energy Systems is inviting candidates to apply for a Post doc Professor in Life Cycle Cost Modelling and Decision Making (depending on qualifications), considering both onshore, bottom-fixed, and floating offshore wind turbines.
Responsibilities and qualifications
You will be part of the SIL team that works on:
- Risk, Reliability Engineering and RAM (reliability, availability, maintainability) analysis,
- Probabilistic design, assessment and uncertainty quantification,
- Data, Digitalisation, AI/ML and decision support systems (I.e cyber-physical systems),
- Materials and monitoring,
- Service life integrity assessment and end of life scenarios,
- Project valuation and Life Cycle Cost modelling and
- Wind farm-wide operational strategies.
Your primary responsibilities will be:
- Data Analysis and Fusion: Collect, process, and analyze extensive datasets from operational wind farms, utilizing cutting-edge data fusion techniques and advanced analytics to extract maximum value from this wealth of information.
- Multidisciplinary Decision Support Models: Develop multidisciplinary models and decision support frameworks capable of seamlessly integrating diverse criteria into the formulation of operation and maintenance strategies. This includes the incorporation of reliability-centered maintenance, risk-based inspection, and other state-of-the-art methodologies.
- Techno-economic analysis: support the goal of sustainable energy that delivers maximum value to the society, through developing tools and methodologies for value assessment, considering multiple KPIs within cost, revenue and sustainability.
- Digital Twin Development: Take a lead role in developing or contributing to the development of digital twin models. These models facilitate life prediction and operational optimization of critical turbine structures and components, employing both physics-based and data-driven approaches to enhance performance.
- Value of Information Assessment: Quantify the value of information derived from operational assets, allowing for the development of optimal operational management strategies that maximize efficiency and reliability.
- Research Excellence: Publish your research findings in prestigious international journals and present your work at renowned international conferences.
- Grant Application: Contribute to the formulation of grant applications for national and European calls to secure funding for cutting-edge research.
- Academic Contribution: Actively participate in the academic community by teaching and supervising BSc and MSc students at DTU. You will also have the opportunity to support the supervision of PhD students within the department.
The following qualifications will be beneficial:
- Educational Background: A background in mechanical, civil, electrical or systems engineering with an emphasis on applied mathematics or systems modeling, particularly within the context of life cycle cost modeling and decision making for wind energy systems.
- Asset Integrity Management Expertise: Direct experience and proficiency in developing asset integrity management strategies for structural and mechanical components within the wind energy sector. This expertise is essential for optimizing the lifetime assessment and cost reduction of wind turbine structures and major components.
Your complete online application must be submitted no later than 15 December 2023 (23:59 Danish time).
To view the full announcement and to apply, click the 'Apply' button
Postdoc In Data Driven Optimization And Control Of Wind Power Plants Dtu Wind, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, 27 days ago
Skip to main content. Profile Sign Out View More Jobs Postdoc in data-driven optimization and control of wind power plants - DTU Wind Roskilde, Denmark Be the First to Apply Job Description We see...
Postdoc In Optimization And Advanced Control Of Renewable Power Plants Dtu Wind, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, 27 days ago
Skip to main content. Profile Sign Out View More Jobs Postdoc in optimization and advanced control of renewable power plants - DTU Wind Roskilde, Denmark Be the First to Apply Job Description We s...
Postdocs In Computational Modelling Of Surface Degradation And Repair Of Wind Turbine Blades Dtu Wind, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, 19 days ago
Skip to main content. Profile Sign Out View More Jobs Postdocs in computational modelling of surface degradation and repair of wind turbine blades - DTU Wind Denmark Job Description Your overall f...
Postdoc Digital Twin Based Prognostics For Wind Turbine Blade Preventive Maintenance Decisions, Delft University of Technology, Netherlands, about 8 hours ago
Challenge: Enable optimal wind turbine blade preventive maintenance Change: Develop digital twin-based prognostics and health management Impact: Improve the reliability of wind turbine blades Ther...
Postdoctoral Researcher 'Flow', Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Belgium, about 12 hours ago
The Faculty of Engineering, Department Toegepaste mechanica, is looking for a postdoctoral researcher. More concretely your work package contains: The Thermodynamics and Fluid Mechanics (FLOW) res...
Postdoc In Development Of Electrochemical Sensors – Dtu Chemical Engineering, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, 6 days ago
Skip to main content. Profile Sign Out View More Jobs Postdoc in Development of Electrochemical Sensors – DTU Chemical Engineering Kgs. Lyngby, Denmark Job Description The Process and Systems Engi...