Copenhagen Business School invites applications for postdoc position(s) in Energy Economics at Copenhagen School of Energy Infrastructure (CSEI), Department of Economics.
The Department of Economics provides research, teaching and knowledge transfer within the core areas of economics, i.e. microeconomics, macroeconomics, and quantitative methods. The Department is especially active in business-related, applied economic research, and comprises three research centres: Copenhagen School of Energy Infrastructure (CSEI), Centre for Innovation (CFI), and Pension Research Centre (PeRCent). In terms of research activities, the posts will be attached to CSEI.
The Copenhagen School of Energy Infrastructure (CSEI) is a highly specialised European research centre at the Department of Economics at the Copenhagen Business School. At CSEI we are mainly focused on economic and policy research aspects of European energy issues. At the same time, we maintain a global outlook to energy challenges of our time. CSEI is funded by stakeholders from the energy sector and other research grants.
The position as postdoc is mainly for research and does not normally involve teaching obligations. The candidate will be expected to be physically present on campus on a regular basis and actively participate in the research activities of CSEI.
CSEI research focus:
The appointed postdocs will contribute to externally funded research projects in CSEI’s key research areas in applied energy economics and policy related to the energy transition, decarbonization of the energy sector and the European Green Deal. They are also encouraged to develop and promote new topics in line with their interests and the current developments in the energy sector. CSEI also offers some taught modules in energy economics to CBS students. Our current and planned areas of our research include, but are not limited to, the following areas of applied energy economics, regulation, innovation, and policy:
- Economic regulation of energy networks and infrastructure
- Energy systems modelling, eg. regarding Energy system integration, sector coupling, renewable energy integration
- Technology and innovation economics and policy, e.g. relating to Power-to-X, offshore renewables, and carbon capture utilization and storage
- Application of digital methodologies and data sources in techno-economic energy research, e.g., geo-information systems, social media, data hubs, and regulation
- Energy, green, and carbon finance
- Econometric analysis (e.g., market, consumer, or Danish register data)
CBS and departmental responsibilities
- Individual and group-based research at high international standards, incl. publishing and scientific communication
- Participation in research activities, such as seminars, workshops, networks and conferences
- Contributing to administrative responsibilities of the Department and CBS-wide tasks
- Communicating findings to the wider public and to CBS’s stakeholders in particular, including participation in the public debate to promoting CBS’s academic reputation
- Ph.D. or equivalent advanced degrees in energy economics and relevant fields
- Documented research track record at international level, including publications in recognized journals in the field
- Experience of developing research grant proposals and managing research projects
- The applicant must be proficient in English (written and spoken)
- Possibility to travel to international conferences
- Extensive network within industry, academia and European policy-making
- Well-equipped workspace in a central location in Copenhagen
Copenhagen Business School is committed to the excellence, distinctiveness and relevance of its research. Candidates who wish to join us should demonstrate enthusiasm for research and dissemination in their field.
For further information please contact:
Professor Tooraj Jamasb (firstname.lastname@example.org ) or Dr. Philipp Ostrowicz (email@example.com ). More information about CSEI can be found at: https://csei.eu
Information about the department may be found at https://www.cbs.dk/econ
Appointment and salary will be in accordance with the Ministry of Finance’s agreement with the Central Academic Organisation.
Application must be sent via the electronic recruitment system, using the link below and must include:
Copenhagen Business School must receive all application material, including all appendices (see items above), by the application deadline.
Details about Copenhagen Business School, Department of Economics, and Copenhagen School of Energy Infrastructure are available at www.cbs.dk .
October 3rd 2022
Postdoc In The Sociology Of Transformative Technology, Copenhagen Business School , CBS, Denmark, about 12 hours ago
Postdoc in the Sociology of Transformative Technology at the Department of Management, Politics and Philosophy, CBS Copenhagen Business School invites applications for a vacant Postdoc in the soci...
Postdoc Position Within Global Value Chains, Copenhagen Business School , CBS, Denmark, about 12 hours ago
Department of Strategy and Innovation at Copenhagen Business School invites applications for a vacant postdoc position within the field of Global Value Chains. The postdoc position has a duration ...
Readvertisement: Postdoc On “Women In Science And Technology (Winst)", Copenhagen Business School , CBS, Denmark, about 12 hours ago
The Department of Strategy and Innovation (SI) at Copenhagen Business School (CBS) is looking for a postdoc researcher. The postdoc position is limited to 3 years and connected to the project “Wom...
Postdoc In User Innovation And Entrepreneurship, Copenhagen Business School , CBS, Denmark, about 12 hours ago
Copenhagen Business School invites applications for a postdoc position in User Innovation and Entrepreneurship at the Department of Strategy and Innovation. Expected starting date is as soon as po...
Postdoctoral Position: Digital Everyday Lives Far From Silicon Valley: Technological Imaginaries And Energy Futures In A South African Township (Digi S At), University of Copenhagen, Denmark, about 6 hours ago
The Independent Danish Research Fund-funded project DigiSAt is looking for a postdoc from 1 December 2022 at the Department of Anthropology, University of Copenhagen. The environments we inhabit c...
Postdoctoral Position In Economics Of Religion, University of Copenhagen, Denmark, about 6 hours ago
The Department of Economics, Faculty of Social Sciences, University of Copenhagen (UCPH), invites applications for one or more Postdoctoral positions in economics of religion starting in summer 20...