14 Sep 2023
Copenhagen Business School
- Research Field
Economics » Environmental economics
- Researcher Profile
First Stage Researcher (R1)
- Application Deadline
11 Oct 2023 - 23:59 (Europe/Copenhagen)
- Type of Contract
- Job Status
- Is the job funded through the EU Research Framework Programme?
Not funded by an EU programme
- Is the Job related to staff position within a Research Infrastructure?
Postdoc position(s) in Energy Economics
Copenhagen School of Energy Infrastructure (CSEI)
Copenhagen Business School (CBS) invites applications for new postdoc position(s) in Energy Economics in CSEI, Department of Economics at Copenhagen Business School.
The Department of Economics provides research, teaching and knowledge transfer within the core areas of economics, i.e. microeconomics, macroeconomics, and quantitative methods. The Department is especially active in business-related, applied economic research, and comprises three research centres: Copenhagen School of Energy Infrastructure (CSEI), Centre for Innovation (CFI), and Pension Research Centre (PeRCent). In terms of research activities, the posts will be attached to CSEI.
The Copenhagen School of Energy Infrastructure (CSEI) is a highly specialised European research centre at the Department of Economics at the Copenhagen Business School. At CSEI we are mainly focused on economic and policy research aspects of European energy issues. At the same time, we maintain a global outlook to energy challenges of our time. CSEI is funded by stakeholders from the energy sector and other research grants.
The position as postdoc is mainly for research and does not normally involve teaching obligations. The candidate will be expected to be physically present on campus on a regular basis and actively participate in the research activities of CSEI.
CSEI research focus
The appointed postdocs will contribute to externally funded research projects in CSEI’s key research areas in applied energy economics and policy related to the energy transition, decarbonization of the energy sector and the European Green Deal. They are also encouraged to develop and promote new topics in line with their interests and the current developments in the energy sector. CSEI also offers some taught modules in energy economics to CBS students. Our current and planned areas of research include, but are not limited to, the following areas of applied energy economics, regulation, innovation, and policy:
- Economic regulation of energy networks and infrastructure
- Energy systems modelling, eg. regarding Energy system integration, sector coupling, renewable energy integration
- Technology and innovation economics and policy, e.g. relating to Power-to-X, offshore renewables, and carbon capture utilization and storage
- Application of digital methodologies and data sources in techno-economic energy research, e.g., geo-information systems, social media, data hubs, and regulation
- Energy, green, and carbon finance
- Econometric analysis (e.g., market, consumer, or Danish register data)
CBS and departmental responsibilities
- Individual and group-based research at high international standards, incl. publishing and scientific communication
- Participation in research activities, such as seminars, workshops, networks and conferences
- Contributing to administrative responsibilities of the Department and CBS-wide tasks
- Communicating findings to the wider public and to CBS’s stakeholders in particular, including participation in the public debate to promoting CBS’s academic reputation
- Ph.D. or equivalent advanced degrees in energy economics and relevant fields
- Documented research track record at international level, including publications in recognized journals in the field
- Experience of developing research grant proposals and managing research projects
- The applicant must be proficient in English (written and spoken)
- Possibility to travel to international conferences
- Extensive network within industry, academia and European policy-making
- Well-equipped workspace in a central location in Copenhagen
Copenhagen Business School is committed to the excellence, distinctiveness and relevance of its research. Candidates who wish to join us should demonstrate enthusiasm for research and dissemination in their field.
For further information please contact:
More information about CSEI can be found at: www.csei.eu .
Information about the department may be found at cbs.dk/econ. Appointment and salary will be in accordance with the Ministry of Finance’s agreement with the Central Academic Organisation.
Application must be sent via the electronic recruitment system, using the link below and must include:
Copenhagen Business School must receive all application material, including all appendices (see items above), by the application deadline.
Details about Copenhagen Business School, Department of Economics, and Copenhagen School of Energy Infrastructure are available at www.cbs.dk .
Application due: October, 11th 2023
Details about Copenhagen Business School and the department are available at www.cbs.dk.
Application due: 10/11/2023
WE TRANSFORM SOCIETY WITH BUSINESS
CBS is a globally recognised business school with deep roots in the Nordic socio-economic model. We have a broad focus on business and societal challenges of the 21st century. As such we have a full portfolio of high-quality disciplinary and interdisciplinary research and education that has equipped generations of professionals and leaders in the private sector and beyond.
Located at Frederiksberg, Denmark, the school has approx. 21.000 full and part-time students, 760 full-time faculty members, 210 PhD students and 680 administrative staff, and a full portfolio of Bachelor, Master’s, MBA/EMBA, PhD and Executive programmes delivered in English and Danish.
Our global profile carries the obligation to develop the transformational capabilities of students, graduates and business leaders via our educational activities and opportunities for lifelong learning. Complex challenges call for joint action, and therefore our strategy focuses on strengthening current and starting new partnerships with other sciences, the business community, authorities and civil society.
- Research Field
- Economics » Environmental economics
- Education Level
- PhD or equivalent
- Number of offers available
Where to apply
Postdoctoral Research Fellows In Cge Energy & Transport Modelling Economics , ;, Ireland, 1 day ago
The Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI) wishes to hire two Postdoctoral Research Fellows in CGE energy and transport modelling economics. These are three-year, fixed-term positions. The ...
Postdoc Position In Molecular Biology At Bric, University of Copenhagen, Denmark, 5 days ago
Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences University of Copenhagen We are looking for a highly motivated postdocto provide experimental, scientific and operational support to the Cvejic Labwith the c...
Postdoc Position In Innovation And Sustainability Transitions, University of Copenhagen, Denmark, 5 days ago
Department of Food and Resource Economics invites applicants for a 3.5 year Postdoc position in Innovation and Sustainability Transitions. The position is funded by the research project Building c...
Postdoc In Land Use And Land Cover Mapping And Modelling, Aarhus University, Denmark, 1 day ago
We are seeking applicants for a 2-year Post Doc in the field of land use and land cover mapping and modelling at the Department of Environmental Science (ENVS) at Aarhus University, Roskilde, Denm...
Dawn Postdoctoral Fellowship Dtu Space, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, 22 days ago
Skip to main content. Profile Sign Out View More Jobs DAWN Postdoctoral Fellowship - DTU Space Kgs. Lyngby, Denmark Be the First to Apply Job Description The Cosmic Dawn Center (DAWN) invites appl...
Postdoc Of Cell And Developmental Biology, University of Copenhagen, Denmark, 11 days ago
Department of Biology Faculty of Science University of Copenhagen Postdoc position at the Department of Biology (BIO) We are seeking a talented and highly motivated post-doctoral researcher for a ...