The Department of Economics and Business Economics offers several short-term and longer-term positions as student programmers for students who want to engage in an academic environment and support researchers at the department with data work. An important part of your tasks will be empirical analyses, and during the employment, you will obtain access to the Danish register data. The positions are relevant for students with few years of enrollment as well as students who are about to start working on their master’s dissertations.
As a student programmer, you will be affiliated to one of the following centers:
TrygFonden’s Centre for Child Research (TFBC)
- Research areas: family interventions (with emphasis on improving school readiness and educational achievement of children of immigrants), teacher-child interactions (e.g. teacher-student matching, teacher working conditions, importance of teachers for student learning), development of math skills (e.g. impact of teacher gender on math skills or studies of gender gap in math skills across the distribution), politico-economic governance of the early childhood educational system (e.g. effects of the child-staff ratio or skilled teachers on child skills), and the general effect of educational interventions (e.g. comparison of effect sizes across age, time and type of intervention).
Research Centre for Firm and Industry Dynamics (FIND)
- Research areas: Firm and industry dynamics (e.g., firm growth, market entry/exit, market structure, mergers & acquisitions); Globalization, international trade, and offshoring; Firm heterogeneity (including productivity, product quality, technology, automation etc.); Interactions between firms and labor markets; Firm behaviour (including choices and strategies regarding product portfolios, pricing, R&D/innovation, etc.)
Contact person: Ina C. Jäkel, email@example.com
Or another research group working with register-based data, e.g.
Research areas: Labor market dynamics and unemployment, empirical models of wage dispersion, job search behavior (and labor market policy), gender differences in labor market outcomes, marriage and divorce, labor market inequalities.
Contact person: Rune M. Vejlin, firstname.lastname@example.org
Who can apply?
- Flair for data work (experience with SAS, Stata or R constitute an advantage)
- Excellent academic qualifications (as documented by the grade transcript)
- Experience from study programs within economics, math-econ, public policy, political science or similar
Your application (in Danish or English) should include: A statement of which research center you would like to be affiliated with and a motivation of this, a confirmation of enrolment (including grade transcript) and a CV.
Additional information about the positions
Applications must be submitted online and received by: 14 November, 2023. Start-up is 1 January 2024 or as soon as possible by agreement.
Place of work and area of employment
The place of work is Fuglesangs Allé 4 8210 Aarhus V, and the area of employment is Aarhus University with related departments.
Coordinator Senior, Arizona State University, United States, 4 days ago
97278BR Campus: Tempe Coordinator Senior Job Description Mary Lou Fulton Teachers College is seeking a Coordinator Senior to provide administrative support for executive team members in the dean’s...
Program Manager, Educator Pathways, Arizona State University, United States, 11 days ago
97106BR Campus: Tempe Program Manager Job Description The person hired for this role will manage the development and implementation of educator pathways across Arizona to: (1) build and support th...
Assistant Director, Student Enrollment And Recruitment, Arizona State University, United States, 3 days ago
97301BR Campus: Tempe Asst Director Job Description The College of Global Futures seeks an Assistant Director of Enrollment and Recruitment to help grow the next generation of students who will bu...
Project Manager, Finance, Arizona State University, United States, 3 days ago
97170BR Off-Campus: Scottsdale Project Manager Job Description The ASU International Development Initiative (IDI), part of ASU’s Knowledge Enterprise, enables a whole-of-university approach to int...
Financial Manager Sr., Arizona State University, United States, 12 days ago
96803BR Campus: Tempe Financial Manager Sr Job Description ASU Knowledge Enterprise advances research, innovation, and economic development at Arizona State University. With a focus on fostering c...
Accompanist Senior, Arizona State University, United States, 3 days ago
97302BR Campus: Tempe Accompanist Sr Job Description ASU School of Music, Dance and Theatre is seeking applications for a 50 percent staff position focused on dance class accompaniment and willing...