A permanent position as part-time lecturer in International Business with special emphasis on teaching in the field of International Business and Management is available at the Department of International Economics, Government and Business for appointment.
As part-time lecturer you will have the opportunity to apply your knowledge to educate young people and to provide them with insight into your practical experience. At CBS part-time lecturers represent an important supplement to the teaching done by researchers. Your role as part-time lecturer will also provide you with opportunities to update your theoretical knowledge, to share in discussions with ambitious students and to be part of an international academic environment.
The position includes
- Planning and conducting teaching on International Business and Management
- Online teaching—blended learning
- Student supervision
- Preparing teaching materials and exam questions
- Conducting exams and other evaluations
Teaching is in the evenings and directed towards in-career students (graduate diploma students)
To fill this position, you are required to have a master’s degree and must have:
- High-level practical experience, which has not been gained through academic employment with a university, or
- Employment in an academic principal position with another university (e.g. as assistant professor/researcher, associate professor/senior researcher, or professor/professor with special responsibilities).
- A part-time lecturer who is employed on the merits of his or her relevant practical experience must possess in-depth, up-to-date knowledge of the possible applications of the subject/academic discipline. This knowledge is/has been acquired through employment within the subject/academic discipline.
- Employment as part-time lecturer presupposes that teaching qualifications are included in the assessment of applicants for an external associate professor.
- Industry experience in the field of International Business and Management
- In addition to having a relevant master’s degree, emphasis is placed on your specialization and professional skills within the content of the respective courses
- Updated knowledge on scientific methods and theory model building in the area of international business
- You possess good collaboration skills and the ability to contribute to a good working environment
- Proficiency in English as the teaching must be conducted in English.
The conditions of employment and the qualification requirements are described further in the Ministerial Order on Job Structure for Academic Staff at Universities .
Terms of employment
Salary and employment will be in accordance with the Cirkulære om aftale om Eksterne lektorer ved universiteter m.fl. under Uddannelses- og Forskningsministeriet . The maximum number of working hours per academic year is 500 and may vary as needed in individual semesters. Remuneration is based on the number of hours, which is determined twice a year.
When employed as a part-time lecturer you must take an introductory course on university teaching organised by CBS.
You will be assigned a researcher at the department as your professional contact person. You are expected to participate in professional events relevant to your teaching and you will also be part of the department’s network of part-time lecturers.
The recruitment process
Copenhagen Business School invites all qualified candidates to apply for the position. An appointment committee will review the applications and invite a selection of qualified candidates to an interview.
One of CBS’ strategic goals is the promotion of diversity, which is why every effort has been made to ensure a recruitment process that reduces potential bias. Applicants are therefore encouraged not to include a photo or unnecessary personal information in their application.
If you would like to know more about the position, please do not hesitate to contact External Teacher Coordinator Michael Jakobsen, email@example.com
Interviews are expected to be held in the beginning of June.
To apply, click on the link “Apply online”, fill out the application form and attach the following documentation:
- Letter of motivation
- Teaching Portfolio
- Publication list, if relevant for the position
- Additional information about CBS and the department is available at www.cbs.dk .
Closing date: 1 June 2022.
CBS is a globally recognised business school with deep roots in the Nordic socio-economic model. We have a broad focus on business and societal challenges of the 21st century. As such we have a full portfolio of high-quality disciplinary and interdisciplinary research and education that has equipped generations of professionals and leaders in the private sector and beyond.
Located at Frederiksberg, Denmark, the school has approx. 21.000 full and part-time students, 760 full-time faculty members, 210 PhD students and 680 administrative staff, and a full portfolio of Bachelor, Master’s, MBA/EMBA, PhD and Executive programmes delivered in English and Danish.
Our global profile carries the obligation to develop the transformational capabilities of students, graduates and business leaders via our educational activities and opportunities for lifelong learning. Complex challenges call for joint action, and therefore our strategy focuses on strengthening current and starting new partnerships with other sciences, the business community, authorities and civil society.
Part Time Professorship In Institutional Theory, Copenhagen Business School, Denmark, 10 days ago
Copenhagen Business School invites applications for a time-limited (five years) part time (20%) Professorship in Institutional Theory at the Department of Organization (IOA). Department’s profile ...
Associate Lecturer, Entrepreneurship (Hourly) For Hanoi Campus, RMIT University, Australia, about 9 hours ago
Overview: RMIT Vietnam , an entity of RMIT University, has campuses in Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi since 2001. We provide internationally recognised, high-quality, education and professional traini...
Part Time Lecturer, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, 1 day ago
We are looking for part-time lecturers in the following areas of business specialisations within the College of Business, Nanyang Business School: Accounting Banking & Finance Business Law Informa...
Assistant Director, Business Transformation, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, about 6 hours ago
You will be part of the Business Transformation team within Shared Services to review/streamline/digitalise processes, partnering closely with the business to understand their pain points and work...
Lecturer In Sustainable Supply Chain Management, UNIVERSITY OF SURREY, United Kingdom, 17 days ago
Business Transformation Location: Guildford Salary: £42,149 to £50,296 Post Type: Full Time Closing Date: 23.59 hours BST on Wednesday 06 July 2022 Reference: 039222 Surrey Business School The Uni...
Senior Lecturer In Sustainable Supply Chain Management, UNIVERSITY OF SURREY, United Kingdom, 16 days ago
Business Transformation Location: Guildford Salary: £51,800 to £61,819 Post Type: Full Time Closing Date: 23.59 hours BST on Wednesday 06 July 2022 Reference: 039322 Surrey Business School The Uni...