Copenhagen Business School invites applications for a time-limited (five years) part time (20%) Professorship in Institutional Theory at the Department of Organization (IOA).
Department of Organization (IOA) pursues a problem-oriented, business-in-society approach to understanding and intervening in organizations and organizational life. Our research and teaching is focused upon organizing processes and their outcomes from an interdisciplinary social-scientific perspective, and driven by an interest in organization and management as a practical, situated, contested and changing matter. Methodologically, our research is predominantly qualitative and often involves case study and field-work methodology. We seek to actively setting the international agenda in the area of organization theory, organization studies, HRM, management theory and strategy. In addition, we wish to contribute to society, by reaching out to private and public organizations and entering collaborative partnerships, and by giving research-based input to the role of organizations and organizing processes in societal challenges.
The area of institutional theory involves a focus on novel conceptual developments. It also addresses innovative methodologies for studying organizations and institutions, and the theoretical and empirical relationship between the two areas. The professorship must address key aspects and dynamics of management and be anchored in empirical studies.
Three particular areas of interest are:
In relation to teaching, the Professor is expected to contribute to doctoral education and academic leadership in institutional and organizational theory.
Applicants must have a distinguished international profile and a proven track record of excellent theoretical and empirical scholarship within institutional theory in addition to organization and management theory. In addition, the successful applicant should have a strong background in different methodological approaches to organization and management studies in order to contribute to, and extend, the department’s positioning within this field.
To fulfill the research requirements of the position, the successful applicant is expected to be physically present on a regular basis, to actively participate in the research activities of the department, to contribute to teaching at PhD level, and to establish and maintain broad links across CBS.
Full professors are expected to take active part in over-all academic leadership responsibilities for the department and its contribution to CBS; to contribute to building a productive and constructive environment and to actively promote research integrity in accordance with the Danish Code of Conduct for Research Integrity http://ufm.dk/publikationer/2014/the-danish-code-of-conduct-for-research-integrity
- Research at high international standard, including responsibility for publishing and scientific communication, for the academic development of the discipline and for research-based teaching.
- Communication of knowledge in society, including participation in public debate, sustaining and developing CBS’s role and function for business and society as a whole and contribution to the international reputation of IOA and CBS.
- Coaching of junior colleagues with regard to research development and publications.
- Research management, initiation and management of research projects, supervision of PhD students, international research co-operation, reviewing for academic journals.
- Research funding, including applications for financing research activities and the development of the institution.
- Research education and further training of researchers, pedagogical consulting and supervision of assistant professors as well as assessment committee work.
- Teaching and associated examination in CBS programs, including Executive Education.
- Engagement in the development of new, research-based teaching programs.
- Active promotion of CBS’s academic reputation.
- Contribution to administrative responsibilities of the Department and to CBS-wide tasks.
The successful applicant must have a strong record of original research publications at an international level as well as substantial teaching experience in a relevant discipline. In addition, emphasis will be given to the applicant’s ability to assume research management and other relevant management functions. Applicants must be able to document relevant, significant, original, and current research at an international level in the field of organization and management theory. Furthermore, applicants must document pedagogical qualifications and competences at development and innovation in the pedagogical area.
The applicant must have professional proficiency in English (written and spoken).
Copenhagen Business School has a broad commitment to the excellence, distinctiveness and relevance of its teaching and research programs. Candidates who wish to join us should demonstrate enthusiasm for working in an organization of this type (highlighting, for example, relevant business, educational and dissemination activities).
For further information please contact Head of Department Carsten Greve, tel.: +45 3815 3598, e-mail: email@example.com .
Information about the department may be found at www.cbs.dk/en/research/departments-and-centres/department-of-organization
Appointment and salary will be in accordance with the Ministry of Finance’s agreement with the Central Academic association plus a negotiated allowance.
Application must be sent via the electronic recruitment system, using the link below.
Application must include:
- A statement of application.
- Proof of qualifications and a full CV.
- Documentation of relevant, significant, original research at an international level, including publications in the field’s internationally recognized journals and citations in the Social Science Citation Index and/or Google Scholar.
- Documentation of teaching qualifications or other material for the evaluation of his/her pedagogical level. Please see guidelines for teaching portfolios.
- Information indicating experience in research management, industry co-operation and international co-operation.
- A complete, numbered list of publications (indicating titles, co-authors, page numbers and year) with an * marking of the academic productions to be considered during the review. A maximum of 10 publications for review are allowed. Applicants are requested to prioritize their publications in relation to the field of this job advertisement.
- Copies of the publications marked with an *. Only publications written in English (or another specified principal language, according to research tradition) or one of the Scandinavian languages will be taken into consideration.
The recruitment committee shortlists minimum two applicants; when possible five or more applicants will be shortlisted. The shortlisted applicants will be assessed by the Assessment Committee. All applicants will be notified of their status in the recruitment process shortly after the application deadline.
Closing date: August 15th, 2022
Copenhagen Business School must receive all application material, including all appendices (see items above), by the application deadline.
Details about Copenhagen Business School and the department are available at www.cbs.dk .
WE TRANSFORM SOCIETY WITH BUSINESS
CBS is a globally recognised business school with deep roots in the Nordic socio-economic model. We have a broad focus on business and societal challenges of the 21st century. As such we have a full portfolio of high-quality disciplinary and interdisciplinary research and education that has equipped generations of professionals and leaders in the private sector and beyond.
Located at Frederiksberg, Denmark, the school has approx. 21.000 full and part-time students, 760 full-time faculty members, 210 PhD students and 680 administrative staff, and a full portfolio of Bachelor, Master’s, MBA/EMBA, PhD and Executive programmes delivered in English and Danish.
Our global profile carries the obligation to develop the transformational capabilities of students, graduates and business leaders via our educational activities and opportunities for lifelong learning. Complex challenges call for joint action, and therefore our strategy focuses on strengthening current and starting new partnerships with other sciences, the business community, authorities and civil society.
International Tenure Track Assistant Professorships, Copenhagen Business School , CBS, Denmark, about 17 hours ago
Copenhagen Business School invites applications for one or more vacant Tenure Track Assistant Professorships in Digitalization at the Department of Digitalization. Core research areas of the Depar...
Tenure Track Assistant Professorship Of Marketing At The Department Of Marketing At Copenhagen Business School, Copenhagen Business School , CBS, Denmark, 5 days ago
Based in architecturally beautiful buildings in central Copenhagen, the Department of Marketing at Copenhagen Business School (CBS) is a leading provider of excellent research-based education. Thi...
Tenure Track Assistant Professorships In Strategy And Innovation, Copenhagen Business School , CBS, Denmark, about 17 hours ago
Copenhagen Business School invites applications for a number of Tenure Track Assistant Professorships at the Department of Strategy and Innovation. Expected starting date is 1 September 2023. Rese...
Associate Professorship In Accounting, Copenhagen Business School , CBS, Denmark, about 17 hours ago
Copenhagen Business School invites applications for a vacant Associate Professorship in Accounting at the Department of Accounting. Core research areas of the Department of Accounting are (1) Fina...
Tenure Track Assistant Professorship In Business And Government At Copenhagen Business School, Copenhagen Business School , CBS, Denmark, about 17 hours ago
Copenhagen Business School invites applications for a vacant tenure track assistant professorship in Business and Government at the Department of International Economics, Government and Business. ...
Associate Professor Or Tenure Track Assistant Professor Of Statistics, University of Copenhagen, Denmark, 14 days ago
Associate Professor or Tenure-track Assistant Professor of Statistics Department of Mathematical Sciences Faculty of Science University of Copenhagen The Department of Mathematical Sciences invite...