Copenhagen Business School invites applications for a time-limited (five years) part time (50%) Professorship (full) in Organizational Ethnography at the Department of Organization (IOA).
IOA is a longstanding international department with an ambitious and friendly atmosphere comprising currently around 70 faculty, 35 PhD students, and 11 administrative staff. Pursuing a problem-oriented, business-in-society-approach to studying and theorizing organizations and organizing processes at all levels, our mission is to carry out high quality research and research-based teaching characterized by empirical curiosity, methodological rigor, theoretical depth, and critical thinking. Our research is focused upon organizing processes and their outcomes and driven by an interest in organization and management as a practical, situated, contested and changing matter. This includes studies of private companies, public organizations, professional societies as well as NGOs. We investigate and discuss topics such as change and innovation processes, leadership, work and human resources, public management and governance, project management, institutional dynamics, market creation, expertise and power.
The area of organizational ethnography involves the use of ethnographic methods for studying organizations and organizing processes. It includes skills in theorizing ethnographic research findings and in publishing analytical output in leading academic journals and other outlets. Editorial experience in relation to organizational ethnography is considered an asset, as is an openness to communicating research findings through novel channels aimed at enhancing their societal impact.
Four particular areas of interest are:
In relation to teaching, the Professor is expected to contribute to graduate and doctoral education and to show academic leadership in the domain of organizational ethnography.
Applicants must have a distinguished international profile and a proven track record of excellent scholarship within organizational ethnography, including significant contributions to organization and management theory. In addition, the successful applicant should have broad competencies in qualitative research methods applied to organization and management studies in order to contribute to, and extend, the department’s positioning within this field.
To fulfill the research requirements of the position, the successful applicant is expected to be physically present on a regular basis, to actively participate in the research activities of the department, to contribute to teaching at the graduate and PhD levels, and to establish and maintain broad links across CBS.
Full professors are expected to take active part in over-all academic leadership responsibilities for the department and its contribution to CBS; to contribute to building a productive and constructive environment and to actively promote research integrity in accordance with the Danish Code of Conduct for Research Integrity http://ufm.dk/publikationer/2014/the-danish-code-of-conduct-for-research-integrity
- Research at high international standard, including responsibility for publishing and scientific communication, for the academic development of the discipline, and for research-based teaching.
- Communication of knowledge in society, including participation in public debate, development and maintenance of CBS’s role and function for business and society as a whole, and contribution to the international reputation of IOA and CBS.
- Coaching of early-career colleagues with regard to research development and publications.
- Research management, initiation and management of research projects, supervision of PhD students, international research co-operation, reviewing and editing for academic journals.
- Research funding, including applications for financing research activities and the development of the institution.
- Research education and further training of researchers, pedagogical consultation and supervision of assistant professors as well as assessment committee work.
- Teaching and associated examination in CBS programs, including Executive Education.
- Engagement in the development of new, research-based teaching programs.
- Active promotion of CBS’s academic reputation.
- Contribution to administrative responsibilities of the Department and to CBS-wide tasks.
The successful applicant must have a strong record of original research publications at an international level as well as substantial teaching experience in a relevant discipline. In addition, emphasis will be given to the applicant’s ability to assume research management and other relevant management functions. Applicants must be able to document relevant, significant, original, and current research at an international level in the field of organization and management theory. Furthermore, applicants must document pedagogical qualifications and competences in development and innovation within the pedagogical area.
The applicant must have professional proficiency in English (written and spoken).
Copenhagen Business School has a broad commitment to the excellence, distinctiveness and relevance of its teaching and research programs. Candidates who wish to join us should demonstrate enthusiasm for working in an organization of this type (highlighting, for example, relevant business, educational and dissemination activities).
For further information please contact Head of Department Carsten Greve, tel.: +45 3815 3598, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org .
Information about the department may be found at www.cbs.dk/en/research/departments-and-centres/department-of-organization
Appointment and salary will be in accordance with the Ministry of Finance’s agreement with the Central Academic association plus a negotiated allowance.
Application must be sent via the electronic recruitment system, using the link below.
Application must include:
- A statement of application.
- Proof of qualifications and a full CV.
- Documentation of relevant, significant, original research at an international level, including publications in the field’s internationally recognized journals and citations in the Social Science Citation Index and/or Google Scholar.
- Documentation of teaching qualifications or other material for the evaluation of his/her pedagogical level. Please see guidelines for teaching portfolios.
- Information indicating experience in research management, industry co-operation and international co-operation.
- A complete, numbered list of publications (indicating titles, co-authors, page numbers and year) with an * marking of the academic productions to be considered during the review. A maximum of 10 publications for review are allowed. Applicants are requested to prioritize their publications in relation to the field of this job advertisement.
- Copies of the publications marked with an *. Only publications written in English (or another specified principal language, according to research tradition) or one of the Scandinavian languages will be taken into consideration.
The recruitment committee shortlists minimum two applicants; when possible five or more applicants will be shortlisted. The shortlisted applicants will be assessed by the Assessment Committee. All applicants will be notified of their status in the recruitment process shortly after the application deadline.
Closing date: October 10th, 2022
Copenhagen Business School must receive all application material, including all appendices (see items above), by the application deadline.
Details about Copenhagen Business School and the department are available at www.cbs.dk .
Application due: 10/10/2022
WE TRANSFORM SOCIETY WITH BUSINESS
CBS is a globally recognised business school with deep roots in the Nordic socio-economic model. We have a broad focus on business and societal challenges of the 21st century. As such we have a full portfolio of high-quality disciplinary and interdisciplinary research and education that has equipped generations of professionals and leaders in the private sector and beyond.
Located at Frederiksberg, Denmark, the school has approx. 21.000 full and part-time students, 760 full-time faculty members, 210 PhD students and 680 administrative staff, and a full portfolio of Bachelor, Master’s, MBA/EMBA, PhD and Executive programmes delivered in English and Danish.
Our global profile carries the obligation to develop the transformational capabilities of students, graduates and business leaders via our educational activities and opportunities for lifelong learning. Complex challenges call for joint action, and therefore our strategy focuses on strengthening current and starting new partnerships with other sciences, the business community, authorities and civil society.
Tenure Track Assistant Professorships In Microeconomics, Copenhagen Business School , CBS, Denmark, 1 day ago
The Department of Economics at Copenhagen Business School invites applicants for one or more tenure-track Assistant Professorship(s) in the field of microeconomics with a particular focus on areas...
Professorship In Finance , Copenhagen Business School , CBS, Denmark, 1 day ago
Copenhagen Business School invites applications for a vacant Professorship in finance at the Department of Finance. We welcome applications in any area of finance. The Department carries out resea...
Professorships At The Department Of Strategy And Innovation, Copenhagen Business School , CBS, Denmark, 1 day ago
Copenhagen Business School invites applications for two vacant Professorships at the Department of Strategy and Innovation (SI). We welcome applications that fall within the main research areas of...
Student Assistant For Cbs Wire, Copenhagen Business School , CBS, Denmark, 1 day ago
One day, you’re uploading text and photos, working to make an article look great and preparing the newsletter items. The next, you’re interviewing CBS students or staff about the next hot topic. T...
Associate Professor Of Implant Biology (Fixed Term, 5 Years), University of Copenhagen, Denmark, about 2 hours ago
Department of Immunology and Microbiology, Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences, University of Copenhagen The University seeks to appoint an associate professor to the Department of Immunology a...
Student Assistants For Pension Research Centre (Pe R Cent) At Cbs, Copenhagen Business School , CBS, Denmark, 1 day ago
The Pension Research Centre (PeRCent) is looking to hire 1 – 2 student assistants, who are interested in supporting our research on pension related issues. What is PeRCent? PeRCent is established ...