Copenhagen Business School invites applications for an ”FSR – danske revisorer” Endowed Professorship in Auditing at the Department of Accounting. The position is a permanent professor position. However, the title “FSR - danske revisorer” Endowed Professor is limited to five years.
The Department of Accounting covers the fields of auditing, financial accounting, management accounting, and corporate governance in the private as well as the public sector. Researchers at the department collaborate on specific research projects using a variety of quantitative as well as qualitative methods.
A successful applicant is expected to significantly contribute to research and teaching within auditing.
To qualify for a Professorship, the applicant must do original research and be a leading scholar within a relevant research field in auditing. The applicant must have demonstrated research leadership and administrative skills e.g. in attracting external funding and supervision of young researchers. Equally important, the applicant must be able to provide quality teaching both at the undergraduate and graduate level, and have a commitment to developing study programmes. Also, the applicant must participate in and support the efforts by the Department to extend knowledge exchange with the surrounding society.
To fulfill the research requirements of the position, the applicant chosen is expected to be physically present on a regular basis and actively participate in the teaching and research activities of the Department as well as maintaining and establishing broad links across CBS.
- Research meeting high international standards, including responsibility for publishing, scientific communication and research-based teaching.
- The academic development of the field of auditing.
- Research management, initiation of research projects, supervision of PhD students, international research co-operation, reviewing for academic journals.
- Research education and further training of researchers, supervision of assistant professors and assessment committee work.
- Teaching and examination in existing CBS programmes, including Executive Education.
- Revising existing sessions, courses and teaching programmes and contributing to innovative new ones.
- Promoting the academic reputation of CBS.
- Initiating, fundraising and coordinating research projects.
- Promoting the teaching and research capabilities of Copenhagen Business School and other relevant assignments at Copenhagen Business School.
- Contributing to the administrative tasks of the Department and to CBS-wide tasks.
- Disseminating research findings to the public in general and to CBS’s stakeholders in particular.
- Active participation in regular research activities, such as research seminars, workshops and conferences.
Candidates must document a high degree of relevant, original and up-to-date scientific publications at an international level within the areas covered by the department.
Emphasis is put on the candidate’s ability to undertake research management and other relevant management functions.
The candidate should be able to document pedagogical qualifications, good teaching evaluations, and the ability to innovate within the educational field. In addition, the candidate may be able to teach in Danish language as the M.Sc. programme in Auditing is taught in Danish.
It is important that the candidate has a deep insight into the Danish audit regulation.
CBS emphasizes the candidate’s ability to establish productive contacts with the business community.
Copenhagen Business School has a broad commitment to the excellence, distinctiveness and relevance of its teaching and research programmes. Candidates who wish to join us should demonstrate enthusiasm for working in an organisation of this type (highlighting, for example, relevant business, educational and dissemination activities).
For further information please contact: Head of Department Carsten Rohde, tel.: +45 3815 2338, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org . Information about the department may be found at www.cbs.dk/rr
Appointment and salary will be in accordance with the Ministry of Finance’s agreement with the Central Academic association plus an allowance.
Application must be sent via the electronic recruitment system, using the link below.
Application must include:
- A statement of application.
- Proof of qualifications and a full CV.
- Documentation of relevant, significant, original research at an international level, including publications in the field’s internationally recognized journals and citations in the Social Science Citation Index and/or Google Scholar.
- Documentation of teaching qualifications or other material for the evaluation of his/her pedagogical level.
- Information indicating experience in research management, industry co-operation and international co-operation.
- A complete, numbered list of publications (indicating titles, co-authors, page numbers and year) with an * marking of the academic productions to be considered during the review. A maximum of 10 publications for review are allowed. Applicants are requested to prioritize their publications in relation to the field of this job advertisement.
- Copies of the publications marked with an *. Only publications written in English (or another specified principal language, according to research tradition) or one of the Scandinavian languages will be taken into consideration.
An expert committee will be reviewing the received job applications. The committee’s recommendation of each candidate will be submitted to the person in question.
Copenhagen Business School must receive all application material, including all appendices (see items above), by the application deadline.
Details about Copenhagen Business School and the department are available at www.cbs.dk.
Deadline: 2. november 2020.
Associate Professorship In Financial Accounting, Copenhagen Business School , CBS, Denmark, about 2 hours ago
Copenhagen Business School invites applications for a vacant Associate Professorship in Financial Accounting at the Department of Accounting. Core research areas of the Department of Accounting ar...
Tenure Track Assistant Professorship In Accounting, Copenhagen Business School , CBS, Denmark, about 2 hours ago
Copenhagen Business School invites applications for one or more vacant Tenure Track Assistant Professorships in Accounting at the Department of Accounting and Auditing. Core research areas of the...
Associate Professorship In Business And Government At Copenhagen Business School, Copenhagen Business School , CBS, Denmark, about 2 hours ago
The Department of International Economics, Government and Business (EGB) invites applications for a vacant associate professorship in Business and Government. The core research areas of the depart...
External Lecturer In Consumer Cultures, Copenhagen Business School , CBS, Denmark, about 2 hours ago
A position as an external lecturer in Consumer Cultures with a particular focus on the sociology of culture, cultural theory and qualitative consumer methods, is available at the Department of Man...
External Lecturer For Department For Digitalization , Copenhagen Business School , CBS, Denmark, about 2 hours ago
We are looking for an external lecturer in Digitalization – come and join us! A position as an external lecturer at the Department of Digitalization is available by 1 January 2021. The position is...
Perspectives On Governance And Sustainable Development , Copenhagen Business School , CBS, Denmark, about 11 hours ago
1130961 Course Perspectives on Governance and Sustainable Development Faculty Jeremy Moo n, Professor of Sustainability Governance, Department of Management, Society & Communication, CBS (JM) Stef...