We are currently working on several projects with focus on the localization of renewable energy value chains through the involvement and upgrading of domestic firms and industries in terms of competitiveness and capabilities. We are therefore seeking support on related research topics, including:
- Green industrial policies, including local content requirements
- Employment generation and local business development
- Foreign direct investments and knowledge spillover
- Global value chains and production networks of renewable energy
- Social acceptance of renewable energy and energy justice
- Sustainability transitions in the Global South and other world regions
- New industrial path creation and regional development
Your work will involve community, firm and industry-level analyses of local industrial development in relation to the transition to renewable energy, including empirical research in European countries and various developing economies. The research will be based on qualitative research methods.
The researcher position is part of DTU’s Tenure Track program. DTU’s Tenure Track is an appointment of at most six years, during which you will receive career support in the form of professional and personal guidance. At the end of the tenure track appointment you will be evaluated by an external assessment committee, who will assess your appointment to a permanent Senior Researcher position. Read more about the DTU Tenure Track program at DTU at this homepage .
Responsibilities and qualifications
Specific tasks in relation to the position will include the following:
- Conduct excellent research in one or more of the above mentioned research areas
- Publication of articles in international high-level journals
- Participate in and lead collaborative research projects
- Research-based teaching
- Building/further developing a strong research profile within one or more of the above mentioned research areas
- Attracting external funding
- Supervision of PhD and Master projects
We are seeking candidates with a strong interest in and/or knowledge about the renewable energy sector and with experience in conducting empirical fieldwork based on qualitative research methods.
Candidates for the Researcher position must hold a PhD degree in the Social Sciences, specifically Economic Geography, Development Studies, Innovation Studies or Regional Studies, and have completed postdoctoral research in a related topical area. Candidates for the Senior Researcher position must hold a PhD degree in the Social Sciences, specifically Economic Geography, Development Studies, Innovation Studies or regional studies as well as academic qualifications equivalent to those obtained by holding a Researcher position or Assistant Professorship and documented didactic/pedagogic training.
The qualifications of the candidates are expected to meet the following criteria:
- Strong expertise and a track record in one or more of the research topics listed above
- Demonstrated ability for high-level scientific publication
- Excellent communication skills, both in writing and oral presentation
- Emerging international collaboration network of research peers
- Ability to motivate colleagues, peers, and students to collaborate and create an interdisciplinary and open atmosphere to achieve ambitious goals
- Open-minded team player, motivated to contribute to a common mission
Your complete online application must be submitted no later than 22 October 2023 (23:59 Danish time).
To view the full announcement and to apply, click the 'Apply' button
Dtu Tenure Track Researcher Or Senior Researcher In Meteorology And Remote Sensing Dtu Wind, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, about 1 hour ago
Are you passionate about meteorology and would you like to use your knowledge and skills to contribute to the green energy transition? Then a researcher or senior researcher position at DTU Wind a...
Dtu Tenure Track Researcher In Machine Learning In Fisheries Technology Dtu Aqua, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, 3 days ago
You will join the Section for Fisheries Technology at DTU Aqua in Hirtshals. The section has 19 employees and focuses on the technological development of fishing gears, techniques and methods that...
Dtu Tenure Track Researcher In Enzyme Biogeochemistry And Marine Chemistry Dtu Aqua, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, 7 days ago
Do you want to help strengthen our focus on enzyme biogeochemistry and lipid ecology? DTU AQUA invites applications for a position as tenure-track researcher in the section for OCEANS AND ARCTIC. ...
Research Fellow In Energy Studies Institute (Energy Security), NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE, United Kingdom, 14 days ago
Energy Studies Institute (ESI) The Energy Studies Institute (ESI) is a research institute in the National University of Singapore seeking to advance the understanding of energy policy issues by co...
Postdoc In Climate Change, Adaptation And Human Health – Dtu Management, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, 26 days ago
The Division for Climate and Energy Policy at DTU Management offers one Postdoc position for a two-year period in the Climate Economics and Risk Management section. The position is part of the MAA...
Postdoc Fellowship In Development Of A Decentralized And Asynchronous Materials Acceleration Platform For The Synthesis, Characterization And Testing Of Materials For Power2 X Applications Dtu Energy, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, about 1 hour ago
The Section for Autonomous Materials Discovery at DTU Energy is looking for outstanding candidates for a Postdoc fellowship within the field of integrated computational, experimental and machine l...