The Department of Electrical and Photonics Engineering (DTU Electro) at the Technical University of Denmark invites outstanding candidates to apply for a tenure track position in the field of Thin-Film Photovoltaics with an anticipated start date in Fall 2023. Review of applications will begin immediately upon receipt and continue until the position is filled.
We are searching for a candidate that complements and expands the current research directions in the Thin-Film Photovoltaics Group at DTU Electro. Present activities of the group include quasi-1D solar cells (e.g., Sb2(S,Se)3 solar cells), 2D materials, and spectroscopy applied to thin films and interfaces, with a particular focus on photovoltaics.
In the tenure track position, you will join research projects on thin-film photovoltaics funded by Innovation Fund Denmark, Independent Research Fund Denmark, and European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation program (M-ERA.NET). The ideal candidate should be exceptionally organized, self-motivated, and interested in project management across a highly collaborative group of chemists, physicists, and engineers.
- Conduct research on thin-film photovoltaics, focusing on developing high-efficiency thin-film solar cells of Sb2(S,Se)3.
- Collaborate with project partners from academia and industry to advance the scientific mission of the group.
- Supervise undergraduate students and co‐supervise Ph.D. students.
- Disseminate results at national and international conferences and publish in peer-reviewed journals.
- Contribute to fundraising in the group to develop and maintain program funding for basic and applied research in photovoltaics.
- Contribute to the teaching of courses. DTU employs two working languages: Danish and English. You are expected to be fluent in at least one of these languages and, in time, are expected to master both.
- Candidates must hold a Ph.D. degree (or equivalent) in Physics, Chemistry, Materials Science, or another related field.
- Documented expertise in synthesizing solar materials by close-space sublimation, chemical bath deposition, hydrothermal method, or other relevant methods.
- Documented expertise in fabrication and characterization of Sb2(S,Se)3, halide perovskites, kesterites or similar.
- Knowledge of solar cell characterization methods, such as IV, EQE, IQE, C-V, or similar.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to communicate to an international, scientific audience.
- Experience with teaching in a university
- Excellent research track record demonstrated by publications in well-recognized journals.
You will be assessed against the responsibilities and qualifications stated above and the following general criteria:
- Research experience
- Experience and quality of teaching
- Research vision and potential
- International impact and experience
- Societal impact
- Innovativeness, including commercialization and collaboration with industry
- Leadership, collaboration, and interdisciplinary skills
- Communication skills
Salary and terms of employment
The appointment will be based on the collective agreement with the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations. The allowance will be agreed upon with the relevant union.
The position is part of DTU’s Tenure Track program. Read more about the program and the recruitment process here .
You can read more about career paths at DTU here .
Further information may be obtained from the Head of the Thin-Film Photovoltaics Group, Dr. Stela Canulescu, email email@example.com .
You can read more about the Department of Electrical Photonics Engineering at www.electro.dtu.dk .
If you are applying from abroad, you may find useful information on working in Denmark and at DTU at DTU – Moving to Denmark .
Your complete online application must be submitted by 13 August 2023 (23:59 Danish time). Applications must be submitted as one PDF file containing all materials to be given consideration. To apply, please open the link "Apply now", fill out the online application form, and attach all your materials in English in one PDF file. The file must include the following:
- Application (cover letter)
- Vision for teaching and research for the tenure track period
- CV including employment history, list of publications, H-index, and ORCID (see http://orcid.org/)
- Teaching portfolio, including documentation of teaching experience.
- Academic Diplomas (MSc/Ph.D.)
- List of publications with the top five relevant publications highlighted.
- Up to three reference letters (include email addresses.
Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
All interested candidates, irrespective of age, gender, disability, race, religion, or ethnic background, are encouraged to apply.
DTU Electro employs more than 300 skilled researchers with electrical and photonics engineering competencies. As a department, we strive to create sustainable energy and a greener internet and strengthen cyber security and health technology. Working with the industry and public organizations is one of our top priorities to find and implement new solutions to our society.
Technology for people
DTU develops technology for people. With our elite international research and study programs, we are helping to create a better world and to solve the global challenges formulated in the UN’s 17 Sustainable Development Goals. Hans Christian Ørsted founded DTU in 1829 with a clear mission to develop and create value using science and engineering to benefit society. That mission lives on today. DTU has 13,500 students and 6,000 employees. We work in an international atmosphere and have an inclusive, evolving, and informal working environment. DTU has campuses in all parts of Denmark and Greenland, and we collaborate with the best universities worldwide.
Postdoctoral Researcher In Ion Beam Based Thin Film Physics, Uppsala University, Sweden, 1 day ago
Published: 2023-11-20 The Department of Physics and Astronomy at Uppsala University invites applications for a researcher position in ion beam-based thin film physics. The research conducted at t...
Research Fellow (Thin Film Growth And Characterization), NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE, Singapore, 19 days ago
14 Nov 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE Research Field Engineering Physics Chemistry Researcher Profile First Stage Researcher (R1) Country Singapore Appl...
Senior Research Fellow (Upscaling Tandem), NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE, Singapore, 28 days ago
4 Nov 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE Research Field Engineering Physics Researcher Profile First Stage Researcher (R1) Country Singapore Application Dea...
Researcher R2/R3 In Physics (Modelling Of The Atom By Atom Growth Of Thin Films), Faculty Of Applied Sciences Of The University Of West Bohemia, University of West Bohemia, Czech, 12 days ago
21 Nov 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company University of West Bohemia Research Field Physics » Computational physics Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) Established Researcher (R3)...
Post Doctoral Researcher In Functional Supramolecular Polymers (Nanostructures And Interfaces Group), International Centre For Research On Innovative Biobased Materials International Research Agenda, Lodz University of Technology, Poland, 2 days ago
30 Nov 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company Lodz University of Technology Department International Centre for Research on Innovative Bio-based Materials Research Field Engineering » Materials...
Pre Doctoral Researcher To Work On Inorganic Organic Hybrid Formulations For Cultural Heritage Preservation, CIC nanoGUNE, Spain, 29 days ago
3 Nov 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company CIC nanoGUNE Research Field Other Researcher Profile First Stage Researcher (R1) Country Spain Application Deadline 17 Nov 2023 - 17:00 (Europe/Madr...