If you have an interest and knowledge within wind turbine aerodynamics and you would like to carry out research in a group of highly competent researchers supported by advanced computational tools and test facilities, a position as a researcher at DTU Wind and Energy Systems will be the perfect place to be.
The researcher will join a cross-disciplinary, international team working on developing experimental and numerical methods for wind turbine aerodynamics with funding from national and international research projects. Also, the newest research will be applied together with leading manufacturers within the wind turbine industry.
Responsibilities and qualifications
The research field of the position is focused on aerodynamics research activities spanning from advanced modeling to experiments on full scale wind turbines. The work for the researcher has emphasis on the development of aerodynamic models for wind turbine rotors in general and especially reduced order models more advanced than the Blade Element Momentum method such as the near wake model, vortex cylinder model and the lifting line method. In particular, the researcher will work with development of aerodynamic modeling in connection to wind turbine aerodynamic and aeroelastic codes such as HAWC2 and MIRAS.
The researcher will have the opportunity to join a cross-disciplinary, international team working on developing experimental and numerical methods for wind turbine aerodynamics and aeroacoustics.
The particular areas of responsibilities include:
- Development and validation of aerodynamic modelling of wind turbine rotors
- Design and optimization of wind turbine rotors
- Field tests of wind turbines for aerodynamic characterization to contribute to the improvement of the prediction and design tools for modern wind turbines.
- It is required that key research results are disseminated in peer reviewed journal papers and presented at scientific conferences.
- Most of the work will be done in nationally and internationally funded research projects and apply the newest research together with leading manufacturers within the wind turbine industry.
- The candidate should have the following qualifications:
- A strong background in aerodynamics for wind turbine rotors
- Experience with at least Blade Element Momentum, Lifting Line and Vortex Cylinder methods
- Experience with wind turbine aeroelastic load calculations
- Ability to work independently towards the research goals and deliverables
- Ability to pro-actively collaborate and coordinate with other researchers
- Fluency in communicating, reading and writing English
- You must contribute to the teaching of courses. DTU employs two working languages: Danish and English. You are expected to be fluent in at least one of these languages, and in time are expected to master both.
As formal qualification you must hold a PhD degree (or equivalent).
You will be assessed against the responsibilities and qualifications stated above and the following general criteria:
- Research experience
- Experience and quality of teaching
- Research vision and potential
- International impact and experience
- Societal impact
- Innovativeness, including commercialization and collaboration with industry
- Leadership, collaboration, and interdisciplinary skills
- Communication skills
Salary and terms of employment
The appointment will be based on the collective agreement with the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations. The allowance will be agreed upon with the relevant union.
The position is part of DTU’s Tenure Track program. Read more about the program and the recruitment process here .
You can read more about career paths at DTU here .
Further information may be obtained from Head of Section Airfoil and Rotor Design Christian Bak, email@example.com
You can read more about DTU Wind and Energy Systems at www.wind.dtu.dk
If you are applying from abroad, you may find useful information on working in Denmark and at DTU at DTU – Moving to Denmark .
Your complete online application must be submitted no later than 4 October 2023 (23:59 Danish time).
Applications must be submitted as one PDF file containing all materials to be given consideration. To apply, please open the link "Apply now", fill out the online application form, and attach all your materials in English in one PDF file. The file must include:
- Application (cover letter)
- Vision for teaching and research for the tenure track period
- CV including employment history, list of publications, H-index and ORCID (see http://orcid.org/ )
- Teaching portfolio including documentation of teaching experience
- Academic Diplomas (MSc/PhD)
Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
All interested candidates irrespective of age, gender, disability, race, religion or ethnic background are encouraged to apply.
About DTU Wind and Energy Systems
At DTU Wind and Energy Systems, we put knowledge to work. The department is one of the largest public research organizations for wind energy systems in the world with about 400 staﬀ members. We educate and train tomorrow’s technology leaders. We collaborate with researchers, global leaders in the energy industries and public authorities around the world to research and develop new technologies and services to power the green transition.
Technology for people
DTU develops technology for people. With our international elite research and study programmes, we are helping to create a better world and to solve the global challenges formulated in the UN’s 17 Sustainable Development Goals. Hans Christian Ørsted founded DTU in 1829 with a clear mission to develop and create value using science and engineering to benefit society. That mission lives on today. DTU has 13,500 students and 6,000 employees. We work in an international atmosphere and have an inclusive, evolving, and informal working environment. DTU has campuses in all parts of Denmark and in Greenland, and we collaborate with the best universities around the world.
Postdoc In Life Cycle Cost Modelling And Decision Making , ; Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, about 3 hours ago
Would you like to become part of the solution towards green energy transition, by helping develop the tools and methods for Life cycle performance modelling? The Structural Integrity and Load asse...
Postdoc Positions In The Field Of Wind Farm Control, Delft University of Technology (TU Delft), Netherlands, 10 days ago
23 Nov 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company Delft University of Technology (TU Delft) Research Field Technology Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) Country Netherlands Application D...
Postdoc Positions In The Field Of Wind Farm Control, Delft University of Technology, Netherlands, 1 day ago
As pioneers in the field of wind turbine and wind farm control, we are looking for ambitious Postdoctoral candidates to join our research group on these topics. Wind energy is crucial for realizin...
Ph D Research Fellow In Environmental Impacts (Underwater Noise) Of Floating Offshore Wind Turbines , University of Bergen, Norway, about 3 hours ago
7th January 2024 Languages English English Norsk Nynorsk English PhD Research Fellow in environmental impacts (underwater noise) of floating offshore wind turbines Apply for this job See advertise...
Ph D Research Fellow In Environmental Impacts (Underwater Noise) Of Floating Offshore Wind Turbines, University of Bergen, Norway, about 17 hours ago
PhD Research Fellow in environmental impacts (underwater noise) of floating offshore wind turbines Apply for this job See advertisement UiB - Knowledge that shapes society Through robust and close...
Post Doctoral Fellow, Aerospace Engineering, KHALIFA UNIVERSITY, United Kingdom, 25 days ago
Position Code: 8800970 Position Type: Project Based (Fixed Term) Position Duration: 01/JAN/2024 to 31/DEC/2024 Position Title: Post-Doctoral Fellow Project Title: Drone Aerodynamics and Wake Inter...