Copenhagen Business School invites applications for a vacant Associate Professorship in Social Network Analysis at the Department of Organization.
In announcing an associate professorship in social network analysis, the department wishes to strengthen three areas of interest: 1) Social network analysis as methodological approach to understand the sociology of organizations, institutions and professions; 2) Collaboration with business and society regarding social network analysis as analytical tool; 3) Teaching in the area of social network analysis, qualitative and quantitative methods.
Examples of research areas that the associate professor might cover:
- Analysis of organizations, professions and institutions using social network analysis
- Advances in social network analysis
- Social network analysis and big data
- The integration of social network analysis with other quantitative and qualitative methods
IOA is an international department comprising 55 faculty, 35 PhD students, and 11 administrative staff. We pursue a problem-oriented, business in society approach to understanding and intervening in workplaces, organizations and networks. Our research is focused upon organizing processes and their outcomes and driven by an interest in organization and management as a practical, situated, contested and changing matter. This includes studies of private companies, public organizations, professional societies as well as NGOs. We investigate and discuss topics such as change and innovation processes, work and human resources, public management and governance, project management, institutional dynamics, market creation, professional expertise and power.
Our social-scientific approach includes scholarly traditions such as organization theory, sociology, organizational psychology, science and technology studies, and international political economy. We value qualitative methods highly and typically employ case studies, ethnographic methods, or social network analysis.
Teaching responsibilities of the Department comprise undergraduate and graduate teaching as well as teaching in post-experience and doctoral education.
To fulfill the research requirements of the position, the applicant chosen is expected to be physically present on a regular basis and actively participate in the teaching and research activities of the Department.
- Teaching and associated examination in existing CBS programs, including Executive Education
- Individual and group-based research meeting high international standards
- Promoting CBS’s academic reputation
- Initiating, fund raising and coordinating research projects
- Promoting the teaching and research capabilities of Copenhagen Business School and other relevant assignments at Copenhagen Business School
- Contributing to the administrative responsibilities of the Department and to CBS-wide tasks
- Communicating findings to the public in general and to CBS’s stakeholders in particular, including participating in the public debate.
- Research meeting high international standards, including responsibility for the academic development of the relevant discipline
- Responsibility for publishing, scientific communication and research-based teaching
- Active participation in the regular research activities, such as research seminars, workshops and conferences.
The assistant, associate professor or professor is expected to contribute to the development and application of the research of the department’s research areas and to maintain and strengthen CBS’s international research position.
- Advanced degree in an appropriate field
- Documented teaching qualifications and material for the evaluation of his/her pedagogical level. Please see guidelines for teaching portfolios .
- Documented research production at an international level, including publications in the field’s internationally recognized journals
- Professional proficiency in English (written and spoken)
- Teaching and research experience within the area of social network analysis and research methods
Copenhagen Business School has a broad commitment to the excellence, distinctiveness and relevance of its teaching and research programs. Candidates who wish to join us should demonstrate enthusiasm for working in an organization of this type (highlighting, for example, relevant business, educational and dissemination activities).
For further information please contact: Head of Department Signe Vikkelsø, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org . Information about the department may be found at: www.cbs.dk/en/research/departments-and-centres/department-of-organization
Appointment and salary will be in accordance with the Ministry of Finance’s agreement with the Central Academic Organisation.
Application must be sent via the electronic recruitment system, using the link below.
Application must include:
The recruitment committee shortlists minimum two applicants; when possible five or more applicants will be shortlisted. The shortlisted applicants will be assessed by the Assessment Committee. All applicants will be notified of their status in the recruitment process shortly after the application deadline.
Closing date: December 1, 2020.
Copenhagen Business School must receive all application material, including all appendices (see items above), by the application deadline.
Details about Copenhagen Business School and the department are available at www.cbs.dk .
Application due: 12/1/2020
With some 21.422 full and part-time students, 644 full-time faculty members, 192 PhD and 724 administrative staff CBS is a unique business-oriented university with a full portfolio of Bachelor, Masters, MBA/EMBA, PhD and Executive programmes delivered in English and Danish. Our academic staff includes internationally-recognised experts in classical business disciplines as well as in philosophy, history, psychology, sociology, law, political science, information systems and culture.
Associate Professorship In Financial Accounting, Copenhagen Business School , CBS, Denmark, about 22 hours ago
Copenhagen Business School invites applications for a vacant Associate Professorship in Financial Accounting at the Department of Accounting. Core research areas of the Department of Accounting ar...
Tenure Track Assistant Professorship In Accounting, Copenhagen Business School , CBS, Denmark, about 22 hours ago
Copenhagen Business School invites applications for one or more vacant Tenure Track Assistant Professorships in Accounting at the Department of Accounting and Auditing. Core research areas of the...
211 0078/20 2 N Tenure Track Assistant Professor Of Robotics, University of Copenhagen, Denmark, about 2 hours ago
Tenure-track assistant Professor of Robotics Department of Computer Science Faculty of Science University of Copenhagen The Department of Computer Science at the University of Copenhagen (DIKU) in...
Network Team Manager , Masaryk University, Czech, about 5 hours ago
Who we are – the Data and Technical Networks Team of ICS MUNI? We build and maintain an extensive, exclusive, and complex data network of our modern university – over 12.000 km of fiber, hundreds ...
Cloud Platform Lead, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, about 16 hours ago
The Danish National Life Science Supercomputing Center, Computerome is an HPC facility specialized for Life Science. Users include research groups from all Danish universities and large internatio...
Hpc 1. Line Support, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, about 16 hours ago
Computerome is the Danish National Supercomputer for Life Sciences. Life science research has special demands for the amount of data being processed as well as for the transfer time between storag...