Copenhagen Business School (CBS) invites applications for a vacant Associate Professorship in Business and Government with a particular focus on China at the Department of International Economics, Government and Business (EGB).
The core research areas of the department unite the study of states, markets, and international firms in the context of the current societal challenges faced by emerging and advanced economies. EGB’s research combines the disciplines of international business, economics, and political science, and is of direct relevance to business, policy-makers and scholars. We deliver research-based teaching into undergraduate and graduate teaching in programs such as International Business, International Business and Politics, and International Business in Asia. To learn more about the research and education of the department, please visit the departmental homepage here.
Examples of research and teaching areas that the associate professor might cover include, but are not limited to:
- Political economy and transformation of China
- China’s international trade and investment policies
- Monetary macroeconomics in China
- Chinese state capitalism
- Governance structures and political framework of doing business in China, incl. business groups and state-owned enterprises
- Chinese digital transformation, industrial and innovation policies
- Sustainable development, energy and environmental governance in China
The Associate Professorship is a permanent position with research and teaching obligations. To fulfil the research requirements of the position, the successful applicant is expected to be physically present on a regular basis and actively participate in the teaching and research activities of the Department.
- Contributing to the development of the department’s research areas to maintain and strengthen CBS’s international research position
- Research meeting high international standards and publications in high impact outlets, which advance the academic development of the relevant discipline
- Regular participation in the research seminars, workshops and conferences
- Research dissemination to the public in general and to CBS’s stakeholders in particular, including participation in the public debate
- Teaching and associated examination in existing CBS programs, including Executive Education. Teaching responsibilities may encompass teaching at the Sino-Danish Center for Research and Education (SDC) in Beijing.
- Initiating external fund raising and coordination of collaborative research projects linking internal and external partners
- Contributing to the administrative responsibilities of the Department and to CBS-wide tasks and initiatives, which strengthen our teaching and research capabilities
- Documented teaching qualifications or other material for the evaluation of the candidate’s pedagogical qualifications. Please see guidelines for teaching portfolios.
- Documented research production at an international level, including publications in the field’s internationally recognized and high impact journals
- International network of excellent research cooperation partners, incl. in China
- Documented leadership and/or participation in externally funded research projects
- Professional proficiency in English (written and spoken)
- Proficiency in Chinese (written and spoken) is an advantage, but not a requirement
CBS has a broad commitment to the excellence, distinctiveness and relevance of its teaching and research programmes. Candidates who wish to join us should demonstrate enthusiasm for working in an organisation of this type (highlighting, for example, relevant business, educational and dissemination activities).
For further information please contact:
Head of Department Jens Gammelgaard, tel.: +45 3815 2512, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org .
Appointment and salary will be in accordance with the Ministry of Finance’s agreement with the Central Academic Organisation.
The application must be sent via the electronic recruitment system, using the link below.
Application must include:
- A statement of application (cover letter)
- Full CV and proof of qualifications
- An indicative 2 pages research proposal for a 5 year period
- Documentation of relevant, significant, original research at an international level, including publications in the field’s internationally recognized journals and citations in the Social Science Citation Index and/or Google Scholar (see points 6 and 7)
- Documentation of teaching qualifications or other material for the evaluation of his/her pedagogical level
- Information indicating experience in research management, international co-operation and possibly industry co-operation
- A complete, numbered list of publications (indicating titles, co-authors, page numbers and year) with a * marking of the academic productions to be considered during the review. A maximum of 10 publications for review are allowed. Applicants are requested to prioritise their publications in relation to the field of this job advertisement
- Copies of the publications marked with an *. Only publications written in English (or another principal language, according to research tradition) or one of the Scandinavian languages will be taken into consideration
The Recruitment Committee will shortlist a minimum of two applicants; when possible five or more applicants will be shortlisted. The shortlisted applicants will be assessed by an Assessment Committee. All applicants will be notified of their status in the recruitment process shortly after the application deadline. The applicants selected for assessment will be notified about the composition of the Assessment Committee and later in the process about the result of the assessment. Once the recruitment process is completed each applicant will be notified of the outcome of their application.
Copenhagen Business School must receive all application material, including all appendices (see items above), by the application deadline. Details about Copenhagen Business School and the department are available at www.cbs.dk
Application due: 1/31/2020
Associate Dean Of International Programs, University of Detroit Mercy, United States, about 12 hours ago
(1) Travel to China at various times with the possibility, depending on need, of being present in China 1-2 months at a time, with opportunities to teach. (2) Manage hiring and teaching assignment...
China Programs Coordinator, University of Detroit Mercy, United States, about 12 hours ago
(1) Work with the Associate Dean of International Programs and International Student Office in facilitating an orientation for students in the China Programs. (2) Organize and facilitate activit...
Head, Department Of Literature , Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 3 days ago
HEAD, DEPARTMENT OF LITERATURE DEPARTMENT: Literature ACADEMIC DISCIPLINE: Literature POSITION TITLE: Head of Department LOCATION: SUZHOU CAMPUS SALARY: internationally competitive POSITION OPEN D...
Head, Educational Development Division, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 28 days ago
DEPARTMENT: ILEAD ACADEMIC DISCIPLINE: Educational Development, Educational Management POSITION TITLE: Head, Educational Development Division LOCATION: SUZHOU CAMPUS SALARY: 34,738-37,469 RMB/mont...
Lecturer/Associate Professor School Of Cultural Technology, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 17 days ago
DEPARTMENT: School of Cultural Technology ACADEMIC DISCIPLINE: Entertainment technology, events and project management, digital media arts, sound and audio, camera and lighting, post-production ed...
Associate Professor In Ibss/Senior Associate Professor In Ibss , Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 10 days ago
ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR/SENIOR ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR DEPARTMENT: International Business School Suzhou (IBSS)ACADEMIC DISCIPLINE: Economics POSITION TITLE: Associate Professor in IBSS/Senior Associate Pr...