Copenhagen Business School invites applications for a vacant Associate Professorship in Applied Microeconometrics at the Department of Economics.
The Department of Economics (ECON) provides research, teaching and knowledge transfer within the core areas of economics, i.e., microeconomics, macroeconomics, and quantitative methods. The Department is especially active in business-related, applied economic research, and has three research centres: Centre for Innovation (CFI), Pension Research Centre (PeRCent) and Copenhagen School of Energy Infrastructure (CSEI). The Department of Economics is very successful in fundraising activities, and it is currently hosting research projects supported by the Danish/EU research councils, as well as private foundations and companies. The Department offers high quality education within an extensive number of full-time and part-time programs available at CBS, including a structured PhD program.
Examples of research areas that the associate professor might cover:
- Labour economics
- Education economics
The Associate Professorship is a permanent position with research and teaching obligations.
To fulfill the research requirements of the position, the applicant chosen is expected to be physically present on a regular basis and actively participate in the teaching and research activities of the Department.
- Research meeting high international standards, including responsibility for the academic development of the relevant discipline.
- Responsibility for publishing, scientific communication and research-based teaching.
- Active participation in the regular research activities, such as research seminars, workshops and conferences.
- Teaching and associated examination in existing CBS programs, including Executive Education.
- Promoting the teaching and research capabilities of Copenhagen Business School and other relevant assignments at Copenhagen Business School.
- Contributing to the administrative responsibilities of the Department and to CBS-wide tasks.
- Initiating, fund raising and coordinating research projects.
- Communicating findings to the public in general and to CBS’s stakeholders in particular, including participating in the public debate. The associate professor is expected to contribute to the development and application of the research of the department’s research areas and to maintain and strengthen CBS’s international research position.
- Promoting CBS’s academic reputation
- Advanced degree in an appropriate field.
- Documented teaching qualifications or other material for the evaluation of his/her pedagogical level. Please see guidelines for teaching portfolios.
- Documented research production at an international level, including publications in the field’s internationally recognized journals.
- Professional proficiency in English (written and spoken).
Copenhagen Business School has a broad commitment to the excellence, distinctiveness and relevance of its teaching and research programmes. Candidates who wish to join us should demonstrate enthusiasm for working in an organisation of this type (highlighting, for example, relevant business, educational and dissemination activities).
For further information please contact: Head of Department Lars Peter Østerdal , e-mail: email@example.com . Information about the department may be found at www.cbs.dk/econ .
Appointment and salary will be in accordance with the Ministry of Finance’s agreement with the Central Academic Organisation.
Application must be sent via the electronic recruitment system, using the link below.
Application must include:
The Recruitment Committee will shortlist minimum two applicants; when possible five or more applicants will be shortlisted. The shortlisted applicants will be assessed by the Assessment Committee. All applicants will be notified of their status in the recruitment process shortly after the application deadline.
The applicants selected for assessment will be notified about the composition of the Assessment Committee and later in the process about the result of the assessment.
Once the recruitment process is completed each applicant will be notified of the outcome of their application
Copenhagen Business School must receive all application material, including all appendices (see items above), by the application deadline.
Details about Copenhagen Business School and the department are available at www.cbs.dk
Closing date: 20 May 2021.
With some 20.422 full and part-time students, 644 full-time faculty members, 192 PhD and 724 administrative staff CBS is a unique business-oriented university with a full portfolio of Bachelor, Masters, MBA/EMBA, PhD and Executive programmes delivered in English and Danish. Our academic staff includes internationally-recognised experts in classical business disciplines as well as in philosophy, history, psychology, sociology, law, political science, information systems and culture.
The University welcomes applications from suitably qualified candidates regardless of age, gender, race, religion or ethnic background.
Post Doc In Consumer Behaviour And Sustainable Consumption, Copenhagen Business School, Denmark, 10 days ago
Copenhagen Business School invites applications for a vacant Post Doc in Consumer Behaviour and Sustainable Consumption at the Department of Management, Society and Communication (MSC). MSC brings...
Postdoc Researcher In Economic/Financial History (0.8 Fte), University of Groningen, Netherlands, about 5 hours ago
Organisation The Postdoc researcher will work within the Economic History Chair group. The group is part of the Department of Economics, Econometrics & Finance and is responsible for research in e...
Project Assistant In Economic History, Full Time, 3 Months (Pa2021/1801), University of Lund, Sweden, 5 days ago
Lund University was founded in 1666 and is repeatedly ranked among the world’s top 100 universities. The University has around 44 000 students and more than 8 000 staff based in Lund, Helsingborg ...
Postdoctoral Fellowship In Applied Machine Learning And Information Retrieval, Department Of Computer Science, University of Copenhagen, Denmark, about 8 hours ago
The Machine Learning section of the Department of Computer Science at the Faculty of Science at the University of Copenhagen (DIKU) is offering a 2-year fully-funded postdoctoral position in appli...
Post Doctoral Position In Agricultural And Food Economics – With A Focus On Sustainable Agriculture, Swedish university of agricultural sciences, Sweden, about 1 hour ago
The Department of Economics at the Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences (SLU) invites applications for a two-year Post-Doctoral position to join its research group “Agricultural and Food Ec...
Postdoc Researcher In Economic/Financial History (0.8 Fte) , University of Groningen ;, Netherlands, 2 days ago
Job description The University of Groningen, Faculty of Economics and Business, is seeking to appoint a Postdoc researcher in Economic/Financial History within the Department of Economics, Econome...