Copenhagen Business School invites applications for a vacant Associate Professorship in Accounting at the Department of Accounting.
Core research areas of the Department of Accounting are (1) Financial Accounting, (2) Management Accounting, (3) Auditing, and (4) Corporate Governance.
The department's researchers collaborate on specific research projects using a variety of quantitative as well as qualitative methods. Teaching responsibilities of the Department comprise undergraduate and graduate teaching in Financial Accounting, Management Accounting, and Auditing.
Examples of research areas that the associate professor might cover:
- Financial Accounting
- Accounting Theory
- Accounting Regulation
- Financial Statement Analysis & Firm Valuation
- Cost & Management Accounting
- Management Control & Performance Management
- Interorganizational Cost Management
- Accounting Information Systems
- Accounting & Corporate Governance
- Accounting & Organizational Change
- Accounting & Technology
- Implementation of Accounting Systems
- Accounting Based Compensation
The Associate Professorship is a permanent position with research and teaching obligations.
To fulfill the research requirements of the position, the applicant chosen is expected to be physically present on a regular basis and actively participate in the teaching and research activities of the Department.
- Teaching and associated examination in existing CBS programs, including Executive Education
- Individual and group based research meeting high international standards
- Promoting CBS’s academic reputation
- Initiating, fund raising and coordinating research projects
- Promoting the teaching and research capabilities of Copenhagen Business School and other relevant assignments at Copenhagen Business School
- Contributing to the administrative responsibilities of the Department and to CBS-wide tasks
- Communicating findings to the public in general and to CBS’s stakeholders in particular, including participating in the public debate.
- Research meeting high international standards, including responsibility for the academic development of the relevant discipline
- Responsibility for publishing, scientific communication and research-based teaching
- Active participation in the regular research activities, such as research seminars, workshops and conferences.
The associate professor is expected to contribute to the development and application of the research of the department’s research areas and to maintain and strengthen CBS’s international research position.
- Advanced degree in an appropriate field
- Documented teaching qualifications or other material for the evaluation of his/her pedagogical level.
- Please see guidelines for teaching portfolios.
- Documented research production at an international level, including publications in the field’s internationally recognized journals
- Professional proficiency in English (written and spoken)
Copenhagen Business School has a broad commitment to the excellence, distinctiveness and relevance of its teaching and research programmes. Candidates who wish to join us should demonstrate enthusiasm for working in an organisation of this type (highlighting, for example, relevant business, educational and dissemination activities).
For further information please contact: Head of department, Carsten Rohde, tel. +45 3815 2338, email: email@example.com . Information about the department may be found at https://www.cbs.dk/acc
Appointment and salary will be in accordance with the Ministry of Finance’s agreement with the Central Academic Organisation.
Application must be sent via the electronic recruitment system, using the link below.
Application must include:
The Recruitment Committee will shortlist minimum two applicants; when possible five or more applicants will be shortlisted. The shortlisted applicants will be assessed by the Assessment Committee. All applicants will be notified of their status in the recruitment process shortly after the application deadline.
The applicants selected for assessment will be notified about the composition of the Assessment Committee and later in the process about the result of the assessment.
Once the recruitment process is completed each applicant will be notified of the outcome of their application.
Copenhagen Business School must receive all application material, including all appendices (see items above), by the application deadline.
Details about Copenhagen Business School and the department are available at www.cbs.dk
Closing date: 17 May 2021.
With some 20.422 full and part-time students, 644 full-time faculty members, 192 PhD and 724 administrative staff CBS is a unique business-oriented university with a full portfolio of Bachelor, Masters, MBA/EMBA, PhD and Executive programmes delivered in English and Danish. Our academic staff includes internationally-recognised experts in classical business disciplines as well as in philosophy, history, psychology, sociology, law, political science, information systems and culture.
The University welcomes applications from suitably qualified candidates regardless of age, gender, race, religion or ethnic background.
Associate Professorship In International Political Economy, Copenhagen Business School, Denmark, 25 days ago
Copenhagen Business School invites applications for a vacant Associate Professorship in International Political Economy, at the Department of Organization. In announcing an Associate Professorship...
Associate Professorship In Behavioural Economics, Copenhagen Business School, Denmark, 24 days ago
Copenhagen Business School invites applications for a vacant Associate Professorship in Behavioural Economics at the Department of Management, Society and Communication (MSC). Examples of research...
Assistant Professorship In Energy Economics, Copenhagen Business School, Denmark, 23 days ago
Fixed-Term Assistant Professorship in Energy Economics, Copenhagen School of Energy Infrastructure (CSEI) Copenhagen Business School invites applications for a new position as Assistant Professor ...
Postdoc In Transformational Entrepreneurship, Copenhagen Business School, Denmark, 9 days ago
In collaboration with Copenhagen School of Entrepreneurship (CSE), the Department of Management, Politics and Philosophy (MPP) invites applications for a vacant post-doctoral position in entrepren...
Post Doc In The Societal Impact Of Organization Theory, Copenhagen Business School, Denmark, 11 days ago
Copenhagen Business School, Department of Organization invites applications for a vacant post-doc position within the field of organization theory. The post-doc position has a duration of three ye...
Msca Postdoctoral Fellowship – Business Education Call For Expressions Of Interest, Copenhagen Business School, Denmark, 22 days ago
MSCA Postdoctoral Fellowship – Business Education - Call for Expressions of Interest Copenhagen Business School – Department of Marketing Location: Copenhagen, Denmark Salary: The salary rate for ...